Close X


A New Beginning

(Page 8 of 33: Viewing Diary Entry 71 to 80)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  

Holiday Party

December 13th 2009 3:53 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

I made a new friend last Thursday. Daddy was taking me for my evening walk down Winter Street. I was having a heck of a time trying to find a place to go to the bathroom. We got snow on Wednesday! Now there is snow everywhere! I can't find any leaves or plants to go on! I was frantically searching when I saw another dog. It was a greyhound! I was so excited! His name is Copley and he lives right on Winter Street! Daddy and I walked with him and his new parents. He just came to live there. Daddy asked where he came from and the his new dad said Greyhound Friends! Daddy told him that we volunteer for them. When the weather gets good again, I will have a play date with Copley. I finally did find a place to go!

On Friday I had a vet check for my foot. I am all better! No more antibiotics! Yippee!! Daddy had the day off so we went to the pet store. I got this really cool cookie. It looked like a white snow flake. The best part was that it had sprinkle stuff on top. Mom enjoyed watching me eat it. I licked all the good stuff off before I ate the cookie. Mom said that is how a lot of humans eat cookies too. Guess we aren't all that different!

Saturday was quiet. Daddy was in a skating show at Boston College. I couldn't go. Today was a lot of fun! I went to a holiday party at Greyhound Friends with mom and dad. Mom said I was a social butterfly! I actually went up to people to get petted. Gill was there!! I was so happy to see him. I kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't flirt with any of the other girl greyhound there. I wore my holiday bandanna that I wore in the parade last weekend. I looked festive. It is raining out now. Mom says it's better than snow.


Winter Wonderland

December 25th 2009 12:42 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Mom got behind in my diary again. She has been busy so I guess I will excuse her... This Time!

Last weekend we got something called a blizzard! It happened over night- literally. Everything was fine when I went for my last evening walk. When I woke up the next morning, the whole world had changed!! It was still snowing when mom and I went for my morning walk. I was jumping and leaping around in the snow. Later, I watched daddy as he shoveled the driveway. The snow was light and fluffy and mom and dad didn't want to go far, so daddy called Oscar's mom and I got a play date with him in the snow! They don't live far away from us and mom has a car that is good in the snow. This was the first time that I had got to run since my bandage came off. Mom and dad felt it would be OK because the snow was soft. I ran and ran in the snow. Oscar couldn't even begin to keep up with me. It felt so good to stretch my muscles. One time I actually stuck my entire head in the snow. I looked funny when I pulled it out! I shook it all off. It was fun. Well, I over did it again and I opened up a small tear near my original wound! Luckily it was any thing serious, but I had to stop running. Mom just cleaned it with the antiseptic solution the vet had giver me. I am fine. Daddy says I have to slow down and not run so hard. That is difficult for me. Daddy took a video of me running. I asked him to put it on my Dogster page and he said he will later.

Today is something called Christmas Day. Mom took me for a special walk down Winter Street. I met a couple of nice dogs. Mom put my special holiday collar on. Mom is going to get me a special extra large raw hide bone at the pet store tomorrow. I got extra bones and cookies today too. It was nice.
Happy Holidays to all my Dogster pals.


Happy New Year

January 9th 2010 12:22 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

I hope everyone of my Dogster Pals had a safe and happy holiday season! Wishing you all the best in 2010.
Things have been quiet for me these past few weeks. It has been cold and snowing a lot. I have been going on my normal walks with mom and dad. I get the usual sniffing in but nothing too exciting. Last night I met Copley and his mom when we were taking our walk. Once the weather gets nice again, I will be able to go over his house to play. I was sad when we went our separate ways. He is a nice dog.
Today I had a Meet and Greet at the pet store near my house. Troy and his mom came. We both got our nails trimmed. I let most of the people pet me. Mom says I am an ambassador for my breed. My fellow greyhounds really need help right now. A lot of the race tracks are closing down and many dogs need homes. Greyhound Friends took in over 50 dogs last week. I am glad the tracks are all closing, but I am also concerned that a lot of my brothers and sisters are homeless. We met some people today who are serious about adopting. I hope they do. Mom says I have another meet and greet next weekend. She said that Gil would be there. I am excited about that.


Back to Horn Pond

January 31st 2010 7:55 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

It has been a long cold Winter so far. Not much going on for doggie activities. I have been going for my regular walks and trips to the pet store. I even went to the hardware store with mom and dad last week. They needed my help in buying a light bulb. Sometimes I don't know how they managed all those years without me. last week it was snowing so daddy drove mom to work. Mom hates driving in the snow. She is scared. I went along just for the ride. Last Sunday was a bit more exciting. Greyhound Adventures had a walk at Horn Pond. Mom and dad took me. It was fun. Once again, because of the snow and ice, we weren't able to do the whole walk. We had to turn around and go back the way we came. I am looking forward to Spring. Mom says I have a meet and greet next weekend. That is something to look foward too.


One Year Anniversary!!

February 8th 2010 8:41 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Yesterday was my one year anniversary that I came to live with mom and dad! I have come a long way in one year! I was very shy and timid and wouldn't even leave my crate at first. I would only walk up and down in front of the house on my street. Now I can say I have been in a parade!! Wow!! I have traveled to other states, had a birthday party, been on play dates, meet and greets, pet fairs and even won a Halloween Costume Contest. I also go on long walks with mom and dad wherever they want to go. Mom and dad say they are very proud of me. I think I have left my old life behind now. I like being part of a family.

Yesterday we went to a meet and greet. I saw Troy, Johnny B, Sonie and met a couple of new friends. One couple came to a meet and greet a couple of weeks ago. They said they were seriously thinking about adopting a greyhound. Well, they stopped by yesterday---- with their new greyhound!! He was a big handsome brindle boy!! I was so happy!! Mom and dad bought me a special cookie for my anniversary. I also got some special venison treats. It was a nice day.


A Walk In The Woods

March 2nd 2010 12:53 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

It has been a long wet winter. I don't like the rain or the snow- at least when it is falling. When there is a storm outside, I do my business and come right back inside where it is warm and toasty. Finally the weather is getting a bit warmer and the days are getting longer. Mom and dad took me to a special adventure on Sunday. First we made our usual trip to the pet store. I got my cookie. From the pet store we drove for a little bit and stopped at a dirt parking lot that I had never been to before. It had a lot of good smells and lots of other dogs had been there. We walked up a wooded path. There were 2 humans and a dog with very short little legs. Mom calls them Corgi's. We greeted and continued to walk on the trails. There were lots of trails and woods. I had a fun time sniffing around. Some of the trails still had ice on them, so we couldn't go on them. We still found a lot of paths that we could walk. Mom and dad said they will take me back there and we can explore more once all the snow and ice is gone. On our way back to car we met another nice dog and his people. It was fun. We came back home and rested a bit. Then mom and dad put my harness on and we went to my friend, Oscar's house. I hadn't seen Oscar since I hurt my foot. It felt good to run in his back yard. I ran and ran and ran. Poor Oscar tries to chase me, but he will never catch me!! We played a game around the shed- around and around it we ran. I had a lot of fun. Today it was in the 50's. I didn't have to wear my fleece when I went on my noon walk with mom. It felt good not to have to wear it!! I'm looking forward to Spring!


Spring Has Sprung!

March 21st 2010 11:43 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Mom said that yesterday was officially the first day of Spring. It has been nice weather all week. Yesterday it was over 70 degrees. Cooler today, but still very nice. Mom and dad took me on a long walk down the trail across the street both yesterday and today. We went to the bridge and back. I like sniffing all the new smells. On Friday mom and I even saw a butterfly!! Yesterday, after the walk we went to the pet store.Then mom and dad did a strange thing. Mom tied 3 leashes together. We all went in the back yard and mom tied me to the satellite pole so I could be outside with them. Mom and dad started digging all the plants up and dad took the satellite dish off the pole. Mom told me that a man is coming over on March 30th to give them an estimate on a fence. They are going to fence in the yard for me! They are taking all the plants out to give me more room to run.They are going to plant grass for me too. I will have an "L" shaped yard/run when they are finished. It will be small but it will be all mine and I will be able to run around a bit. Today we are going to the hardware store to buy grass seeds. Mom wants to get something durable because I really dig into the ground when I run.Mom and dad are also going to remove the pole. Mom really hated the dish. She said it was ugly. We have Fios now any way so we don't need the dish or the pole any more. Next weekend, Kiera's mom is going to help mom and dad dig up the small pine trees in the yard. Mom is going to donate the trees to the town's Spring plant sale to help the community. I can't wait to get my yard. As soon as it is ready, daddy will take a picture of me in my yard and I will post it here on Dogster so everyone can see it.


Some Nice Surprises

March 29th 2010 1:58 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Mom is behind in my diary again. I know she has been busy. I have been going on some very fun walks. Last Sunday mom and dad got me into the car.We drove to new place. When I got out of the car my doggie boyfriend, Gil was there with his mom and dad!! I almost took daddy's arm off because I was jumping around from so much joy!! Gil's brothers and sister were there too. They are Italian Greyhounds and look like miniature versions of me and Gil. They were very nice and all greeted me. We all took a long walk around a lake. The walk was about 2 miles long. Gil and I had the best time! We met some other dogs too. It was very pretty around the lake. I also had 2 nice walks with my other friend,Copley. He is a Greyhound mix. He looks a lot like a full Greyhound though. On one walk we went into our town. Copley's dad had to buy grapefruit juice so we tagged along. The other walk was down the river trail across the street. I had so much fun. It is raining today so I haven't wanted to go out. Mom makes me go for potty, but I don't really want to. The river in our town is under a flood watch! We just saw it on the news. I hope our town is OK!!! I love our town and the river runs right through the middle of it!! The fence guy comes tomorrow to give mom an estimate. Mom and dad and our friend, Lisa got all the little pine trees removed from the yard. Mom and dad also got the satillite dish pole out of the ground. Mom is very glad that it is gone. I am so excited about my yard. I hope it won't cost mom and dad too much money.


Easter Picnic

April 5th 2010 7:49 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

It was just me and mom on Saturday. Daddy had to help run a ping pong tournament at MIT. He is one of the coaches for the club. It was such a beautiful Spring day. Mom and I walked the Assabet River Trail. We went down to the rocks and took a rest there before we headed back. We sat for a while and enjoyed the river. I started to get hot on the way back home. The trail is a dirt road (cars do go on it but they don't go on it often) and there were lots of puddles from the flood rains we had last week. I enjoyed walking through the puddles to cool my paw pads. Mom even let me take a quick dip in the river. When we got home,we jumped right into the car and mom drove us to the pet store near our house. Mom told me that the pet store would be closed on Sunday because it was Easter. We went inside the store and there was my friend Kiera and her mom and dad, Lisa and Mark. What a surprise!! They were shopping too!! Kiera got excited seeing me and had an accident in the store. Her mom had to clean it up. Mom chatted with Kiera's mom for a bit and then we bought our weekly supplies. We got dog and cat food, 2 raw hide bones for me, a flossie and of course my cookie. Daddy still wasn't home by my evening walk, so mom took me to Winter Street. We met a nice man and his dog and stopped to talk for a few minutes. The man and dog were working on a large machine that mom called a backhoe. It was big and noisy. The dog was riding inside it with the man so I guess it was OK.

Sunday was another beautiful day. Mom and dad made food and started packing stuff in a bag. They put my harness on and we all got into the car. You can imagine my surprise when I realized that we were driving on Winter Street! We never drive there, we always walk there!! I started shaking from excitement. Daddy parked the car at the little park at the beginning of the River trail (The one mom and I walked the day before) We got out of the car and mom carried the bag to a small table in the park. Mom called them picnic tables and there were 3 of them. Mom connected 3 leashes together and tied me to the table. I was able to walk around a bit and explore as far as the leashes would let me. Being a greyhound, I am never allowed off leash unless I am fenced in. I could run off and get lost because mom and dad could ever catch me!! Mom gave me a plate of dog cookies and she also brought me a water bowl. Mom and dad ate their food at the table and enjoyed looking at the river. I drank some water but then as I was walking around, my leash got caught on the water bowl and tipped it over! Daddy gave me some of his water. Wouldn't you know it, I managed to knock the water bowl over again!!! I am just not good with leashes. I always get all tangled up!! After the picnic, mom, dad and I walked the river trail again.We went past the rocks this time and walked further. We met some other dogs and humans and saw humans riding bicycles. It was fun.On our way back, we stopped at the rocks for a little rest. It was a nice Easter afternoon.
Later mom and dad went and got some dirt for my yard.They filled holes left from where the trees had been. Daddy says we need a bit more and will get more later. The fence is going to cost more money than daddy had hoped. I will still get my fence soon but we have to wait until daddy can sell something called "stocks" to help pay for it. Daddy wants the stocks to go higher. I am not sure what he means, but I can be patient. I am better than mommy at being patient!!! BOL!!!


Spring Activites

April 15th 2010 11:39 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Spring is in full bloom here. The leaves are coming out on the trees and flowers are blooming every where. So many wonderful smells being carried on the wind. Last Sunday I went to a Meet and Greet at a pet store in Lexington, MA. My good friends Johnny B, Sonie, Troy and Oscar where there. I also met a new friend named Benny. He was a big boy! I hung out with Oscar most of the time. We shared a nice comforter. After the Meet and Greet, mom and dad took me for a nice walk on the Minute Man trail. It was only a short drive away. We walked a new part of the trail that we hadn't walked before. I really enjoyed that. I have been going on a lot of long walks along the river trail. Mom took me there again today. we did about 2 miles because we were gone over 45 minutes. On the way back home, we passed a little pool of water that was along the side of the road. Mom let me go in for a dip!! It was SO refreshing!! I was jumping around in the water and then I shook myself all over mom!!!! She didn't mind though. I get my yard on April 27th. Only a week and a half to wait!! I don't know much about the passing of time, but mom says it will be soon. Mom and dad are getting me a wading pool of my very own. That way I can take a dip when I get hot outside!! I think it is going to be a fun summer. My picture appeared in an article about greyhound racing on Facebook. The article was about the race tracks closing in New Hampshire. That is the race track I use to race at- Seabrook . Here is a link to the article:! /note.php?note_id=278477364977&id=59572733353&ref=mf

I hope the tracks all close down soon.

  Sort By Newest First



Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)