Close X


A New Beginning

GIG- Day 3

April 27th 2013 2:58 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Today at GIG!
Mom got up early because she had signed up for an art class with Linda Evens. She bought a print from Linda yesterday and was very excited about the class. 16 other women took the class too. Mom had fun. She now has a nice piece of art work that she created herself. Daddy and I met mom after her class. We walked around for a bit and visited some of the booths. We were just killing time until the costume contest. It was a great turn out. We counted at least 22 dogs in the contest. We paraded through the arena and went out side to the pavilion for the judging. The judges just went around with clip boards. It wasn't as formal as last year where each dog walked before the judges and was announced. We were towards the back area and the judges didn't really even give us much attention. Unfortunately we didn't win anything this year. There were some really good costumes that didn't win too. Oh well, guess the judges were looking for something else. After the contest mom and dad stopped at the food wagon to get some sweet potato fries. I hung out with them and kept them company. We took a little walk around the pond and explored a bit. After that we went to a lecture called "Why does my hound do that?" It was fun. The next activity was that you could participate in some of the recreation the Allstar center offered. One activity was miniature golf. Daddy bought tickets for mom and dad.They took me to the dog babysitting area. I was fine with that because I like being with other dogs any way. What I didn't like was that they required a muzzle!! Ugh!!! I was a good sport about it and found a blanket to sleep on. Mom and dad had fun playing and they weren't gone too long. We then went to a lecture on Galgos. They are Spanish Greyhounds. They have it rough in Spain. When they can no longer hunt they are discarded or killed. If we adopt a new family member it will be a galgo. We walked around a little more after the lecture and waited for the raffle drawing. No luck in the raffle this year. There were thousands of tickets so the odds weren't in our favor. When we got back to our hotel room we found out that we had to move rooms. Mom noticed that the toilet wasn't flushing this morning. Daddy called a maintenance man and he said he would fix it. He left us a note saying he couldn't fix it and we had to move all our stuff again!!! I'm tired now and need a nap. Mom and dad are going out to dinner. Tonight we are going to a beach party! I will write about that later.

Just came back from the party!! It was awesome! So many party animals! There were balloons and music. We all wore lei's and had fun socializing! I saw lots of old friends and some new ones too. As soon as we get home, daddy will put them in a photo album for me. We had a really fun time.


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
2 + 1 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)