Close X


A New Beginning

GIG 2013 : Day 1

April 26th 2013 5:06 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

GIG Day two: Sorry I didn't write my update yesterday. We were just SO busy!! Mom and dad got up around 7:30. Mom took me out but it was quiet. Most of the dogs hadn't arrived yet. Both mom and dad went to the little gym down the hall and did a workout. It was a nice little gym- did the trick. They had it all to themselves. Mom did upper body and abs. After that we went exploring the grounds.The Allstar expo center is only a short walk from our hotel. They let us inside. We could see volunteers stuffing the goodie bags for today. Next we drove into town. When we arrived on Wednesday, mom had found flyers about a special greyhound ghost walk. Daddy stopped by and got us all tickets for tonight! That will be so much fun!!. After that we drove to the outlet malls to walk around. Some of the stores already had their signs up allowing dogs to go in. I love going into stores. Usually the only stores I am allowed to go into are the pet store, the hardware store and the groomers!!! We shopped for about an hour and then daddy got lunch for him and mom. They got veggie sub sandwiches. After that we played miniature golf. I helped keep score with daddy. I just couldn't seem to hold the club right,so I decided not to play. I wouldn't want to show up mom and dad anyway! BOL! By now it was a little after 1PM. The downtown shopping had already started. This is where they allow dogs to shop in the downtown Gettysburg area. It was fun. We met some other dogs and their humans. We even started seeing people we know!! The leaders of my Greyhound Adventure's group where there!! I recognized them right away. We stopped and chatted for a while and I made sure to say hello to every single dog. We continued to shop for awhile and I dragged mom and dad into any store that I could!! After that we were a bit tired so we drove back to the hotel for a short nap. After our nap it was back to the Outlet Mall for the official shopping. By now there were lots of dogs around. What Greyt fun!! There were Greyhounds, Whippets, Galgo's, Lurchers and even some little Italian Greyhounds. Mom saw her friend, Tracy, so we caught up with her. I remembered her dog, Gino, right away. Tracy was there with her boyfriend, Kurt, and their new dog Copper. Copper is only 3 and still very much a puppy. He had a lot of energy.Well we all shopped a bit more and then it was time to head for the "After Shopping Welcome Reception" . It was at a winery. We drove all these crazy back roads to get there. They were going to have a food truck and had said there would be vegan food for mom and dad. They were also selling greyhound etched wine glasses. Mom and dad don't drink things with alcohol, so mom just bought the glass. Mom and dad went to the food truck but the only food they could get was a salad and sweet potato fries. By now it was packed full of dogs and humans. There were hundreds of people there.We saw more people and dogs we know. Pat Hall from Greyhound Friend's was there and our friends Judy and Bill came with my friend, Claire. They had a new girl fresh off the track. Her name was Ginger. We stayed for about an hour and then mom and dad took me back to the hotel(They got a little lost going back!! BOL!). Mom gave me dinner. I ate most of it. Then they went out to dinner in town. I'm still tired this morning. Today is going to be another busy one. I may not get a chance to update. I will try my best so be patient!!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
7 + 4 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)