Close X


A New Beginning

Hosting The MayDOG walk

May 16th 2011 10:40 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

On Saturday mom, dad and I hosted a group dog walk for MayDOG (Maynard Dog Owner's Group). Everyone met at our house. My friend Kiera came with her mom, Lisa and we also had 2 more dogs join us. We were all girls! Usually I prefer hanging out with the boys, but I still had fun. One dog was an Australian Shepherd mix and she sure liked to bark a lot. Her human decided it would be best to drive to the trail head and meet us there as she was disturbing the neighborhood. Kiera then proceeded to pick a fight with the other dog who was a Golden Retriever. The fight didn't last long and only lasted a few seconds. No one got hurt. I was thinking that the walk wasn't starting out too well. We crossed rte 117 to Winter Street and met up with the barking shepherd at the trail head. She did calm down as we kept walking and finally stopped barking. Kiera also behaved herself. We walked way past the rocks and almost to the air field and back! The day was overcast and cool and there were lots of mosquitoes around. I still got bit despite mom spraying me with bug spray. We all had a good time though. Kiera's mom said we walked 2.6 miles. After we said our goodbyes, it was time for the pet store. It was just our usual weekly shopping trip but I did get a flossie and a cookie. I thought we would be going right home but dad drove us to a yard sale! It was mom's idea! I don't think daddy would ever go to a yard sale on his own. Mom was looking for things for my next Halloween costume. She didn't find anything.
After lunch we all got back into the car to take a trip to visit grampy in NH. After going to Gettysburg, the trip didn't seem as long.We had a nice visit and watched a movie called Ice Castles. I napped through most of it. After the movie, mom and dad took me for a walk through the town where mom used to live. That was a second long walk in one day! We came upon one house and there was a bunch of chickens in the yard! All the chickens came running over to see us. Daddy peeled an acorn for them. I think they were very curious about us. Mom and dad stopped at the grocery store on our way back home. I had to wait in the car but it was cool outside and they weren't gone for very long. It was a busy day.

On Sunday mom and dad had to go to a fund raiser for a farm animal sanctuary. I wasn't allowed to go. Mom told me when they got home that the people who run the sanctuary asked if they could name a baby black chicken after me! I think that is cool! Now there is a chicken named Isis too! Mom and dad came home smelling like goats and rabbits. They had a good time despite the rain. Mom didn't win the raffle. They should have brought me with them. I am lucky in raffles! Mom said that next weekend will be even busier. It will be Greyhound Friend's Open House and Paws In The Park. I better get some some rest!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
2 + 5 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)