Close X


A New Beginning

Paws In The Park

May 24th 2010 7:47 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Yesterday was another fun day. Mom and dad took me to Paws In The Park in Sudbury. It is an annual doggie fair that helps to raise money for a no kill shelter called Save A Dog. They have a group walk, lots of booths to sell you things, free samples and lots of games and activities. Paws In The Park was at a different place this year. It was at the Wayside Inn. I think I liked the new place better. I was all excited seeing all the other dogs. I was almost pulling daddy to get to the fair! Once we got there though, I realized that there were a lot of humans standing around as well as dogs. I was so focused on seeing all the dogs, I hadn't noticed all the humans. I didn't want to go close to the booths so daddy kept me along the side where there activity rings were. Mom did some shopping. Mom got some new cat toys for Ben and Charlie. She also bought me a velcro reflective collar. I can wear it when I go for my night time walk and won't have to put on my full reflective vest. Mom and dad thought it was a good thing to buy. We got about half way around the fair when the walk started. I like doing the walk! It was very pretty. We went by an old mill with a water wheel and walked along a stream. When we got back to the fair, mom and dad went back to look at the rest of the booths. One lady was selling dog beds. Daddy bought me one! It is very nice. The lady let us keep it at the booth so we didn't have to carry it around. It was getting hot so mom and dad took me to the wading pools. I went in several of them and got a drink. One of the pools was exactly like mine! Mom said that this is the best pool for me. She doesn't want me going in Aunt Carla's pool again. We watched a frisbee demo and then mom and dad took me though the agility course. I was pretty good at it. The only thing I wouldn't do were the tunnels. They were kind of too small for me anyway. Soon after that they started the doggie contests. Daddy entered me in the longest tail competition. My friend, Lily, was there competing against me. She is a greyhound too. She was there with her mom working at the Greyhound Friend's table. The judges had a hard choice between me and Lily but they decided I was the winner! I got a cool green toy alligator. Mom and dad and I decided it was about time to leave. We went to Greyhound Friends booth and offered to watch it for a few minutes to give Sandy and Pat (the humans) a break. Lily stayed at the booth with me and we both laid down together on Lily's bed. I was getting tired. Sandy and Pat came back after a few minutes and we went back to pick up my bed. On the way home we stopped off at the pet store to pick up some things and then we came home. Daddy put my new bed on the floor and took up my old bed to be washed. A little while later mom and dad took me for my walk. We walked past Copley's house and I started to go up the drive way. Copley's mom and dad were there so they let me go into the yard. The neighbor's German Shepherd, Roxie, came over to play too. I walked into the yard and there was a baby rabbit sitting right there in front of me! I couldn't believe it! Roxie and Copley saw it too. I was still stuck on my leash so I couldn't chase it. Roxie went after it and so did Copley. Copley ran right into the patio table. The rabbit escaped under the shed. daddy finally let me off the leash but it was too late. The rabbit must have been scared to see 3 doggie noses poking under the shed. Roxie left and went back home and Copley, Copley's dad and I ran around for a bit. I was tired when we got back home. I stretched out on my new bed and fell asleep.


Leave A Comment | 1 person already has

Barked by: Wendy G

May 24th 2010 at 8:35 am

WOW, Isis!! Bestest day E-B-E-R!! Condogumatations on winnin' da wongest tail contest!! Yu GO, gurl!!!!!

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
1 + 9 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)