Close X


A New Beginning

Easter Picnic

April 5th 2010 7:49 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

It was just me and mom on Saturday. Daddy had to help run a ping pong tournament at MIT. He is one of the coaches for the club. It was such a beautiful Spring day. Mom and I walked the Assabet River Trail. We went down to the rocks and took a rest there before we headed back. We sat for a while and enjoyed the river. I started to get hot on the way back home. The trail is a dirt road (cars do go on it but they don't go on it often) and there were lots of puddles from the flood rains we had last week. I enjoyed walking through the puddles to cool my paw pads. Mom even let me take a quick dip in the river. When we got home,we jumped right into the car and mom drove us to the pet store near our house. Mom told me that the pet store would be closed on Sunday because it was Easter. We went inside the store and there was my friend Kiera and her mom and dad, Lisa and Mark. What a surprise!! They were shopping too!! Kiera got excited seeing me and had an accident in the store. Her mom had to clean it up. Mom chatted with Kiera's mom for a bit and then we bought our weekly supplies. We got dog and cat food, 2 raw hide bones for me, a flossie and of course my cookie. Daddy still wasn't home by my evening walk, so mom took me to Winter Street. We met a nice man and his dog and stopped to talk for a few minutes. The man and dog were working on a large machine that mom called a backhoe. It was big and noisy. The dog was riding inside it with the man so I guess it was OK.

Sunday was another beautiful day. Mom and dad made food and started packing stuff in a bag. They put my harness on and we all got into the car. You can imagine my surprise when I realized that we were driving on Winter Street! We never drive there, we always walk there!! I started shaking from excitement. Daddy parked the car at the little park at the beginning of the River trail (The one mom and I walked the day before) We got out of the car and mom carried the bag to a small table in the park. Mom called them picnic tables and there were 3 of them. Mom connected 3 leashes together and tied me to the table. I was able to walk around a bit and explore as far as the leashes would let me. Being a greyhound, I am never allowed off leash unless I am fenced in. I could run off and get lost because mom and dad could ever catch me!! Mom gave me a plate of dog cookies and she also brought me a water bowl. Mom and dad ate their food at the table and enjoyed looking at the river. I drank some water but then as I was walking around, my leash got caught on the water bowl and tipped it over! Daddy gave me some of his water. Wouldn't you know it, I managed to knock the water bowl over again!!! I am just not good with leashes. I always get all tangled up!! After the picnic, mom, dad and I walked the river trail again.We went past the rocks this time and walked further. We met some other dogs and humans and saw humans riding bicycles. It was fun.On our way back, we stopped at the rocks for a little rest. It was a nice Easter afternoon.
Later mom and dad went and got some dirt for my yard.They filled holes left from where the trees had been. Daddy says we need a bit more and will get more later. The fence is going to cost more money than daddy had hoped. I will still get my fence soon but we have to wait until daddy can sell something called "stocks" to help pay for it. Daddy wants the stocks to go higher. I am not sure what he means, but I can be patient. I am better than mommy at being patient!!! BOL!!!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
8 + 5 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)