Close X


A New Beginning

I Was Blessed!

October 10th 2009 7:44 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Not much happened last weekend so mom didn't add an entry. It rained all day Saturday. Our town of Maynard had it's annual Oktoberfest street fair. Mom was there for her dog training business and she was also there for MayDOG (Maynard Dog Owner's Group). The rain really affected things and not many people came. Mom was a bit disappointed. Sunday was a bit better. The weather had cleared. I got to go to the pet store and I went on a MayDOG walk with my friend Kiera. We went down the trail across the street from my house. Kiera's mom gave me a dog coat, but it didn't fit. It was way too small. Mom ordered me a special greyhound winter coat so I will be toasty warm when the cold weather hits.

Friday, daddy took the day off of work. He had a dentist appointment. He got home early enough so Daddy and I went with mom when she went to walk a dog client. Mom walks 2 dogs as part of her business. This dog was named Dakoda. He is a long haired German Shepard. He is still young and acts like a big puppy. We got along fine and we had a nice long walk together. That was fun. Daddy walked me and mom walked Dakoda. He really wanted to play with me. When we got home, the mail had arrived. My new coat was in the mail delivery! Mom opened it to try it on me. It fit great! It has a gortex outer shell which is water proof and a polar fleece lining. It also has a neck warmer and snood. Mom says she is going to wrap it up because it is my birthday present. Mom bought a purple coat because I look really good in purple. By some strange coincidence, it is also mom's favorite color!

Today was Saturday. We all got up very early. After breakfast we got into the car and drove a long way. We ended up at Mill Pond in Newbury, MA. There is a recreational park and pond there. Mom's old church was having a pet blessing and mom wanted me to be blessed. Mom really misses her old church but it is too far away from where we live now. The church is called Unity On The River and is in Amesbury, MA. Mom and dad go to another Unity church closer to our house in Cambridge. Anyway, we walked down to the pond but no one was there. Someone told us that we had to go back to the parking lot because all the pets walked in a parade down to the pond. We turned around and started to head back to the parking lot. We went half way back when mom saw her old minister, Shipley. If mom had a tail it would have been wagging! Mom and Shipley were so happy to see each other. Shipley gave mom a big hug and they chatted back down to the pond. We went back and met another couple with their dog. We waited but no one was coming. A kid ran down and said there were people waiting in the parking lot. Rev. Shipley told us to wait at the pond and she walked back to get the other people. Not too many people came. We all stood in a circle and the humans held hands. They prayed for all the animals everywhere. After that, each dog there got an individual blessing. I got 2 bones and a blessing certificate!
After the blessing, we got back in the car and drove to NH. We stopped at a pet store called Little Critters. Mom said she used to work there. One of the people she worked with was still there. Mom had fun talking to her. We walked all around the pet store. I got some food, a new rawhide bone and a great cookie. After the pet store, mom and dad stopped at a small health food store called the Blue Moon. It was a cool day so they left me in the car for a few minutes to order food to go. Mom came back after a few minutes and stayed with me while daddy waited for the food. Next we went to grampy's house. Mom and dad ate their food there. I got to run in grampy's back yard. The yard is fenced in and I could go from the yard, into the garage and into the porch. I pretty much stayed with mom and dad though. I had fun at grampy's. Grampy had to go to his church, so we said our goodbyes and headed to grammy's house. Daddy wanted to stop at another health food store to get cookies. Mom stayed with me in the car. We arrived at grammy's and her neighbors invited me to play with their dog, Casey. I was kind of tired, but I ran around a bit. I took one of Casey's bones and started to chew on it. The neighbor said I could keep it! We visited with grammy awhile and then she had to leave to go to church!! I don't know what all this church stuff is!!! I fell asleep in the car on the ride home. What a busy day it was today! I am going to sleep well tonight.


Leave A Comment | 1 person already has

Barked by: Wendy G

October 10th 2009 at 8:47 pm

Wow, Isis!! Yu habded a BERY bizzy day wif a woad twip, tu!! Dat wuz bery speshul tu be blessed :)
I habded a bizzy day, tu. Dis r Fanksgibbin' weekend in Canada. Dat's where I wiv!!
Dis day my howse wuz fillded wif sum ob my fabouritest peeple. An' dere wuz turkey an' ham an' all kinds ob fuds dat I wuv wike shrimp an' cheez!! It wuz CWAZEE!!

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
4 + 5 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)