Close X


A New Beginning

4th Of July At Onset Beach

July 5th 2009 8:19 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yesterday was the 4th of July. Mom says it was an important day in history, what ever that means. It started out like any other Saturday. We went to the Farmer's Market again and got some fresh berries, vegetables and a big long loaf of bread. Mom and dad came back home and started getting ready to go to a picnic. Daddy loaded up the car and mom finished making pasta salad. We left the house around 11:30 in the morning. It was a long drive- about 1 1/2 hours.I just laid on the back seat of the car and snoozed. We got there right at 1 o'clock. There were already a lot of people there. I was a bit scared. Daddy unloaded the trunk and pulled out my brand new exercise pen. Mom and dad set it up in a shaddy place. It was nice! I had a safe place to be and I could still see every thing going on. Mom filled my water bowl and I also had some cookies and biscuts to snack on. I was just settling in when I saw Mollie and Kiera! I couldn't believe it!! My two best friends were at the picnic too (with their mom and dad of course)!! We all sat together. Mom and dad ate a lot of food!!! Everyone there was eating a lot of food. After mom and dad finished eating, we went for a walk. It was me, mom and dad, Mollie, Kiera and their mom and dad, Susan and Victoria (They are friends of mom and dad). We went to a little beach and met another dog. It was the smallest dog I had ever seen! I sniffed her to make sure she was a dog. She was! I went into the water and splashed around a bit. After the beach we went into town. There was a live band playing at one of the shops. Mom loved it. I wasn't too sure about it. We had a nice walk around the town of Onset. Mom said we were close to a place called Cape Cod. We left the town and went back to the little beach. I wanted to go into the water again and I was literally at the end of my leash!! Dad is a good dad and her took off his shoes and socks and waded out into the water with me. I went up to my belly! Kiera came into the water too, but not as far. Mollie stayed on the beach. We went back to the party and I was glad once again to have my pen. A lot of people came by to see me. They asked mom lots of questions about me. I was glad to be at the party and still feel safe. I took a nap in the grass. We left at 6 and drove back home. It was a nice day. Mom and dad left to go to see some fireworks at NARA Park. They told me that I couldn't go this time. Mom said there would be lots of people and loud noises. That didn't sound like fun to me. I stayed home with my cat brothers


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
2 + 4 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)