Close X


A New Beginning

Paws In The Park

May 31st 2009 5:31 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Saturday was a quiet day for me but very nice. Mom and dad went to Earthfest in Boston. They thought about taking me but they knew that I would be scared by all the people there. I don't like to be crowded. They didn't stay too long so they could spend more time with me. When they got home, we went to another plant place. This time I got to go in. Daddy asked them if dogs were allowed and they said "yes" We bought some tomato plants and an orange flowering plant that daddy really liked. Later in the day, mom and dad took me for a long walk in our town. We walked for an hour or so. I got to see some new places. In the evening, daddy took my old collar off and put on my new one. That was the collar mom won for me at Greyhound Friends open house in the raffle. Mom is washing my old one.

We left early this morning. Mom was excited. She told me that we were going to big dog fair called Paws In The Park. This fair was to benefit Save A Dog in Sudbury, MA. They are a no kill shelter that takes dogs that can't find homes and helps them. Both mom and dad got sponors for the walk. Together they collected over $600! I was very proud of them. Before the actual walk started we went and visited all the booths. Mom bought me a bright bandana to wear. It is very nice and goes well with my new collar. I was having fun until we got to one booth. I knew something wasn't quite right. Sure enough, I got micro-chipped!! Mom said it was in case I ever got lost. It only hurt for a minute. I got lots of free dog bones and treats. That was good. We saw all the booths and then it was time for the walk. We went on a nice path in the woods. I was near the front of the pack. The walk was supposed to be a mile, but it was shorter. I still enjoyed it. After the walk, we had to work at the MayDog booth. We are trying to get a fenced in, off leash dog park in our town. Mom set up my blanket, water and some snacks. Lots of people came. Daddy took little walks with me so I wouldn't get bored. Daddy and I entered a couple of contests. I won longest tail this time!!! I won by 3 inches!! What a great prize I got! It was a new stuffy squeaky bear. It's yellow. Daddy also took me to get my nails clipped. They were getting long. Mom wandered around for a while too to take a break. She came back with a box of Boston Baked Bonz. I got peanut butter cookies! Yummy!!! She also bought me a squeaky stuffed bone. Mom talked with a lady she knew who was trying to get a petition signed to stop dogs from getting devocalized!! I shudder to think about it. Vets will cut out dogs and cats vocal cords so we can't bark or meow!! The bill, if passed into law, will make this practice illegal. I hope it passes!! Mom took a signature sheet back to our booth and a lot of people signed it.
It was a long, but fun day. I got to see all kinds of dogs. There were other Greyhounds there too, and huge Great Danes. When we got back home, mom and dad went to buy food at the store. When they got back, they took me for a nice long walk. We went by the river. I'm tired now!!! I'll sleep good tonight. I think mom and dad will too!!


Leave A Comment | 2 people already have

Barked by: Sammy (Dogster Member)

May 31st 2009 at 6:00 pm

What a great day!
I'm tired just thinking about all the fun you had :)

I was microchipped too. It feels nice to know that I can always find my way home if I get lost.

I'm glad you had a great weekend Isis!
Barked by: Yuji (Dogster Member)

June 1st 2009 at 7:36 am

ALL HAIL ISIS-queen of the greyhound rescues!

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
1 + 7 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)