Close X


A New Beginning

I was on TV- well at least my tail was!

April 5th 2009 6:46 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

It was another wonderful weekend. On Friday two starnge men came to our house. They were doing an energy evaluation to see how energy efficient our house was. They hooked up a big fan to the door and blew the air out. It made a lot of noise. They walked around for a couple of hours. I stayed on my bed. They seemed nice. Daddy took the day off so he could be home when they came. He came with mom and me to my obedience class. I did better this time. I was more relaxed and had fun playing with all the puppies. I got a cookie too! Mom said that was the last class that I have to go to. She will train me at home. I like training at home better. I am more relaxed there.

Saturday was a rainy day. I have a rain coat but I hate it. It is too small and doesn't cover my whole back. It also slides off of me. Mom and dad wanted to take me for a long walk but it was too wet. I went out to do my business and then I wanted to go right back inside.

Sunday was a bright sunny day. Mom said we were going somewhere special. Around 8:30 am, we all got into the car. We rode for a long time. We went to Boston! Daddy drove the car right through a big, long, dark tunnel. I wasn't scared though. We finally stopped in a large parking lot at Castle Island. It is on the south side of Boston. When I got out of the car, all my Greyhound friends were there. I was so happy to see them all. A man was there with a big camera. He was filming a news segment for NECN. It was about us Greyhounds and our need for forever homes. The state I live in is closing all the racing tracks. I am very happy about that. I like being in a family much more than I liked racing. As a result of the tracks closing, a lot of my brothers and sisters will need homes. That was what the news story was about. We had a nice walk around Castle Island. I got to go onto the beach again and dip my paws into the water. One of my friends laid down in it!! Not me! It was much too cold. After the walk, mom and dad took me around the Fort that was there. It is called Fort Independence. I saw too strange animals running around. I thought they might be rabbits! I got to meet them and they were actually dogs! Go figure! I was tired when I got home. I slept while mom and dad went to Greyhound Friends in Hopkington, MA. They volunteer there and walk greyhounds looking for homes. There is a small shop there, and mom and dad bought me a new rain coat and a new reflective vest for my night time walks. They fit me much better!!! Mom and dad watched the NECN news on TV. They had recorded it on the DVR. Mom and dad saw themselves but only my tail was on the news!!! Mom went to the computer and found a slightly different version of the story on the Internet. She downloaded it. Guess what?? There I was on the video!! I didn't make the TV version but I did make the Internet version. Mom and dad took me for another long walk tonight. We went on a nature trail that is close to our house. I am a happy tired doggy tonight. I wonder what other adventures await me??


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
5 + 4 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)