Close X


A New Beginning

The good, the bad and the stinky!

March 10th 2009 12:19 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

The weekend was nice. It was 60 degrees and Spring was in the air. Mom and dad took me on a long walk through our town. It was a different walk from the one that we normally do. Mom and dad wanted to see how I would do on a walk with more people and distractions. I did very well. We even walked past Mollie and Keira's house. They are my two doggie friends. No one was home though. After our walk, mom and dad had to go an energy fair, but they promised me that we would go to the pet store when they got back. I did even better this time at the store and walked right in. Mom and dad were looking for a pet bed for me, but there weren't any there that we liked. I did get my cookie!!!!

Sunday was another nice day. Daddy skates at the Skating Club Of Boston. He is getting ready to skate in a show at MIT. There is a park along the Charles River and it is right next to where daddy skated. Mommy and I walked along the river while daddy skated. I saw lots of things there. I was a little scared by all the people riding bicycles. Some people were jogging and walking. Lots of people had dogs. I saw lots of ducks and geese on the river banks and in the water. Mom and I took several breaks from walking and mom sat on a bench. This gave me time to watch things. I walked well on the leash for most of the walk. I am learning fast! The first sign of trouble happened at the park. I made a poopy and the the last bit of it was very watery. After daddy skated we went to Petco which was right across the street. I walked right into the store like a pro! We found me the perfect bed! It is called an Orthopedic Napper. It is SO comfortable! Things went well until that night. Daddy took me out for a walk around 11. It was shortly after we came in that I started to feel bad. My stomach wasn't right at all. It hurt!!! daddy was getting ready for bed at 12:30 and I couldn't stand it any longer. I started to cry as loud as I could! Daddy got the message and took me out. What a relief!!! By 4 am I had to go again!! This time mommy took me out. Anyway, not to get too graphic, I felt bad the rest of the day. Daddy worked from home. He drove mommy to work because it was snowing. When daddy went to pick up mommy, I had several accidents all over the floor! The next thing I knew, we were getting into the car. Mom and dad took me to an emergency all night clinic. We got there around midnight and didn't get home until 2:30 in the morning. The doctor said I had too much "bad" bacteria in my tummy. I have to take a medicine called antibiotics. It doesn't taste good, so mom puts a little peanut butter on it. Mom is home with me today. I am starting to feel a little better now. I hope to be all better soon. At least I have my new comfortable bed to sleep on. That really helps!!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
9 + 9 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)