A New Beginning

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing Diary Entry 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  

Visiting Grandma

September 9th 2014 7:11 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Daddy took yesterday off of work. He has a lot of vacations days left and needs to use them up by the end of the year.He thought it would be nice to take a 4 day weekend for his birthday. We went to visit grandma in the afternoon. She is going to be in the rehab place for a while longer. I like going there now.I still don't like the "room that moves", but I will get into it now without any trouble. It never hurts me but I still don't entirely trust it.We had a nice visit.Grandma gave me some of her hamburger. That was yummy.One of the nurses was afraid of me! Can you imagine anyone being afraid of ME?! daddy had to take me out into the hallway so she could come into the room.She told mom that she had been attacked by 5 dogs when she was young. On the way home I had a slight accident, Daddy had to put on the breaks and I slid off the backseat and got stuck in between the back seat and the front seat. daddy pulled over.I was able to get back up. We stopped at a farm stand and mom took me out to make sure I was OK.I got all tangled up in the seat belt! It just wasn't me day!! Thankfully I am fine. To make it up to me mom and dad stopped off at the dog park. There was only one dog there and I didn't feel much like playing so we went home.


Pet Rock Festival

September 7th 2014 5:44 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

It was another fun day today. We went to the Pet Rock Festival. It is a pet fair that has rock and roll bands playing music.This year it was in a different location so we had to drive a bit further. It was in a place called Sturbridge. It was a bit confusing at first because everything was divided into 2 locations on opposite ends of the parking lot. The workers doing the admissions told mom that the Greyhound Friend's booth was on the other side. We got i for free because we worked at the booth for a couple of hours. Mom and dad started looking at few booths until we found ours. Worlds Best Litter was hosting the festival this year. Mom and dad buy that litter for Ben and Charlie. Mom says it really is the best cat litter in the world. To get a coupon for a free bag mom and dad had to pretend to be cats and go through an obstacle course. They had to play with cat toys, go through a litter box (A big fake one) walk a balance bean and play with a big ball through a set of cones. Mom really hammed it up. They said mom was the best "Cat" there. Someone recorded it. I went through with daddy. We all had to wear cat ears including me! After that we found Greyhound Friend's booth and worked there for about 2 hours. We met a lot of nice people and dogs. Mom gave everyone information and invited them to the open house which is a couple of weeks. I let a lot of people pet me, including some kids. I did a good job. There was band playing music near by and they were very good. Mom was getting hungry so daddy went and got food. By the time mom and dad finished, my brother, Fast, and his mom and dad came to take over. We got to walk all around the fair and see all the different booths. It was fun. It wasn't as hot as yesterday so it was quite pleasant. I did get to go into the lake for a few minutes and really enjoyed that. They had a booth there that was donating money to help an animal in need of emergency medical care. You could vote for which ever animal you wanted to. Mom finds it hard because they ALL deserve to be helped. There was cat there that needed surgery to remove a foreign object. The cat looked like my brother, Ben. Mom and dad both voted for him. It was a wonderful day but we were all tired. I know I was! It was daddy's birthday today too! Now he is as old as mom- at least for the next 6 months!! BOL.


Fund Raising Walk

September 6th 2014 1:49 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

What a day! We just got home from Greyhound Rescue Of New England's Fund raising walk. Am I tired!! It was SO hot today. We stayed in the shade as much as we could and the walk was cut short for safety reasons. One elderly dog over heated and collapsed! She was rushed to the vets. She had a temperature of 105 degrees! Thankfully it looks like she will be OK. She was responding to IV fluids. They decided not to do the costume contest or doggy games due to the heat. I went into the river 4 times to cool down. I went up to my belly in the river. Mom made sure I drank a lot of water and she also would pour water on my back. I saw a lot of my friends today- Gill, Skylar, and Mr. Spock were all there! I won 2 things in the raffle!! Mom always puts my name on the tickets as I am lucky. One was a Cindy comfort Blanket and toy and the other prize was a Grammies Jammies ,a toy and some dog treats!! Cindy Maxwell's mom makes the Cindy's Comfort Blanket and told mom she could exchange the blanket for one that was made with me in mind!!!! As Cindy's mom was making it ,she said "This belongs to Isis" and Cindy's dad agreed! Then mom found out that we were the 3rd biggest fund raiser of the day! We got a really cool gift basket!!! I got a skeleton Halloween toy and a new collar in the basket! Lots of other nice things things too! Time for a nap!


Weston Dog Park

September 2nd 2014 7:20 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I had a lot of fun yesterday. It was Labor Day so daddy had the day off work and mom didn't have any clients. Mom and dad took me to the off leash park in Weston, MA. It is so much fun. You have to stay on your leash past the baseball field, until you reach the bridge. Then you can go off leash. There are wooded trails and ponds and then you get to two huge open fields. I like have the freedom to be off my leash. I stay very close to mom and dad though. I never let them out of my sight. I met some very nice dogs. It was a bit hot to play though. I even went into the pond to cool off my paw pads. I didn't swim, just stayed near the edge. We walked for about 30 minutes. That was enough because it was hot out. After the park we went to visit grandma. She saved me some of her beef sandwich. That was very yummy. We went out onto the patio to visit. It is much nicer than staying in her room and she can get some fresh air. We sat in the shade and daddy brought me blanket to lay on. A nice lady who works at the rehab place brought mom and grandma some ice water and she even brought a bowl of water for me! It was so refreshing. I drank it all! Grandma sees her doctor today. I hope she can go home soon.


Labor Day Weekend

September 1st 2014 6:18 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hello to all my pup pals. Mom told me this morning that I am today's Dairy Pick again. Thank you Dogster.

I had a nice surprise this weekend. On Friday, my friend, Rosco, came for a visit. He stayed with us for a couple of days. His mom wanted to go to Maine to a fair and thought he would have more fun staying with us. We went to the dog park. We were the only ones there at first. It was really quiet. Later a 10 month old puppy came. She really wanted to play. Rosco and I are a bit older so we didn't have that kind of energy. We still had a fun time though.

On Saturday we went to visit Grandma in the rehab place. She had fallen again but she is OK. Rosco couldn't come, so he had to stay at home with the cats. He was very good while we were gone. Grandma saved some of her chicken sandwich for me. That was SO good. We got to go out onto the patio again. We had a nice visit. Mom says we are going to visit again today. Today is called "Labor Day" so daddy doesn't have to go to work.

Rosco went home last night. I was a bit sad. I am always a little sad when he leaves. We have a lot of fun together. Mom says he will come and stay with us again.



August 24th 2014 4:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

My grandma fell a couple of weeks ago and fractured her leg and pelvis. Thankfully she didn't require surgery. They moved her into a rehabilitation hospital this past week. Grandma checked and learned that dogs were allowed. So I went to visit grandma today at the rehab hospital. It was a very nice place. I did have to go into a room that moved. I didn't like that part. Mom calls it an "elevator" but I don't quite understand that. I don't go up or anything. All I know is that the door closes and the floor has a strange sensation in it. Then the door opens and you are in a whole different place from where you started.Grandma is doing so well. She was walking all over the place with a walker. She does have pain in her hip but she is doing well. We got to go onto an outside patio and sit. It was such a nice day. We were the only ones outside at first so daddy tied my leash to my harness so I could walk around where I wanted to. Someone else came out after a bit so I had to go back on leash. That was OK, I just laid down and took a little nap. I got to play therapy dog to a few other patients. Lots of people liked me. After the visit mom and dad took me to the dog park. My friend, Bella, was there. It was fun. Lots of dogs came and they were running and playing. It started getting a little rough as a lot of big dogs came, so it was time to leave. Bella and her mom left with us. Bella is a little dog and she was afraid of the big dogs running around. I was ready to go home anyway. It was another fun day.



August 23rd 2014 6:36 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Rosco went home last night. I was a bit sad. We really had a fun week together. It was fun having someone to run with. We had lots of great zoomies around the yard. We also started digging a hole together. We made it very deep. Mom wasn't too happy when we tried to come in the house with muddy paws. I am used to having my paws cleaned, but Rosco didn't know what to make of it. Mom made him go back to the yard and walk in the grass to clean his paws. Mom didn't want all that dirt in the house.

Mom and dad took me with them to the Farmer's Market today. I usually like going there because I always get to meet other dogs. Today they were having karate demonstrations. Two people were sparing and making hitting noises. I didn't like that at all. I want to get far away from them. I was glad when we left. I got an early supper tonight and wasn't sure why. Mom and dad made me get into the car and we drove to Thor and Teddy's house. It was a greyhound party! There were 9 dogs that came. Thor, Teddy and Ripley live there, but my friends Robin and Riley came. I also got to meet two new dogs, Lucy and Marianne. We had fun running, playing and exploring the yard. The humans sat outside and talked for a while. Later we all went into the house so the humans could eat food. we went out on the deck. I found a really cool bed to lie on. It was above the deck and was springy. It was very comfortable. Mom was surprised that I would lie on it. It started to get cool so we went back inside. We were all in a small room. It was kind of crowded. I found a bed and laid down. Lucy had to pee and ended up peeing on a blanket right next to me. Thor's mom put it in the laundry. A couple of humans came late. They brought a dog that wasn't a greyhound. He was big but very friendly. He had a really waggy tail and kept hitting Riley in the face with it. Riley made funny faces as the tail kept hitting him, but he was very polite about it. It was getting late so we came back home. It was a fun day!


Meet and Greet

August 16th 2014 7:50 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

My friend, Rosco is staying with us for a few days. He is a really goof friend. Yesterday daddy took us to the new dog park in our town. There were a lot of dogs there. We had fun. The ground there is wooded with a lot of wood chips. My corn has been bothering me, so I didn't run. I still had fun walking around and exploring. Today we went to a Meet and Greet in Westford for Greyhound Friends. My other good friends Thor, Teddy and Ripley were there too, along with their mom and dad. Rosco was a social butterfly. I was lazy and layed on a bed in the back of the table. Several people came around to pet me and say "HI". 4 kids came over to me and they were all petting me! I did very well. They had calm energy so I was fine with it. After the meet and greet we got to go to the dog park again. Not as many dogs this time, but we still had a lot of fun.


The Bird

August 14th 2014 6:02 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I was a very bad girl this morning. I couldn't help myself! Honest! Mom let me out into the yard to do my morning business. I saw the bird. Next thing you know, it was in my mouth! At first I felt very proud. I carried it to the door. Mom saw it and freaked out. She opened the door and I dropped the bird onto my bed. Mom told me to "Leave it" and scooped the bird up with her hands. She was SO upset! The bird was still breathing so mom started doing Reiki on him. Mom yelled for daddy. Mom was crying and praying. The bird started twitching a bit and then died in her hands. Mom cried and cried. I didn't know what to think.I just knew mom was upset. Mom went out to the garden and buried the bird in the corner. Mom tried to give me breakfast but I wouldn't eat.I knew mom was mad at me and that made me upset too. After mom calmed down,she had a heart to heart talk with me so I would better understand. After that I ate my breakfast.


Dog Park Grand Opening

August 9th 2014 3:21 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

What a good day I had today! First I woke up to find that my diary was one of the daily picks once again! Thank you Dogster for that honor. We left the house early this morning as mom, dad and I had to work at the MayDOG booth at the Farmer's Market. It was the perfect day. Not too hot and a slight breeze. Today was they day they were opening the new dog park. Mom and dad have been working to get a dog park in our town for the last 5 years. It was a long time coming, but today was the day. The grand opening was at 1PM so we worked the farmer's market until noon. Mom signed up 8 people for memberships. She also sold several dog toys and got some donation money. My friend Granite came to help out. She is a Burmese Mountain Dog. She knows how to pull a cart and walked around the market with her dad a few times to generate interest in our booth. I got to meet some very nice people and their dogs too. I also let several children pet me. I am getting better with kids all the time. Granite had a special cooling blanket to help her keep cool. Let she me wear it while she was walking around, pulling her cart. I liked it. After the farmer's market we went over to the hardware store to buy some dog food. They sell it there. They are cheaper than the pet store. They don't have the fancy flavors, but they do have the basic ones. I like going there because dogs are welcome. I got a cookie! After that we headed home to rest for a few minutes, and then it was off to the big grand opening. Kate Hogan who is our local representative in congress came to cut the ribbon. They had a nice speech. They thanked mom and dad and the other volunteers and board members. Fred Levy was there to take photographs. He has taken several of me over the years. My favorite one is with me and Santa Claus. I was SO happy to see my friend, Rosco there. It was nice having another Greyhound to hang out with. About 10 dogs came to play in the park. I was the very first dog to walk into the park! That was SO cool!!! It was a nice shady area. They had a water station there so I was also the first dog to take a drink. I still love my yard the best but it is nice to have a new,fun place I can go and play with other dogs.

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)