American Staffordshire Terrier
Picture of Digbee, a female American Staffordshire Terrier

Photo Comments

Home:Minneapolis  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 8 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 26-50 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Digbee

Digs, Dig, Bee, Diglet, Diggle,

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-dog rescue

May 2nd 2008

Attention, Scratches behind the ears

Being alone in a crate

Favorite Toy:
Anything to chew on

Favorite Food:
Apparently before us- Socks.. but that WILL change.

Best Tricks:
Sit, Stay, High-five

We were at the vet everyday the first week Digbee was home. She wasn't eating and was very lethargic. We eventually discovered that she had two WHOLE socks inside her tummy. Once those came out and she still wouldn't eat, she spent the next week at the vet getting over pneumonia. She's finally home, and we finally have the wiggly little puppy we were imagining.

Forums Motto:
Recovering Sock Eater

The Last Forum I Posted In:
eating cat poop

I've Been On Dogster Since:
February 1st 2009 More than 8 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

A Little Girl Named Digbee

Two Socks

February 10th 2009 8:46 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

When one goes out to adopt a new puppy, you read all the information about how you are responsible once you bring them home, and you know that there may be things that go wrong or that they might need some sort of help. There is a little risk involved.

But even though I knew that, I wasn't really prepared for what little Digbee brought home.

After a couple days of running and playing and getting along well with her new brother, Digs started to look sick, act sick and not look well. The vet explained that sometimes when they come to their forever home, they can start to show signs of things they have had for a while but are showing up now that they are relaxed.

So, being accepting and loving and wanting her to just feel better, we had Digbee at the vet almost every day the first week. We went because she wouldn't eat, was very lethargic and lots of things. Come Wednesday we went because she threw up a whole sock when Loren went home to let her out over lunch.

After an x-ray of her tummy, it was decided to induce vomiting because some little things were showing up. And lo and behold- she threw up ANOTHER whole sock. And some weird little plastic pieces that I don't know what they are from.

I don't think either of the socks are ours- but I definitely know the last one was not. I can't imagine how long she must have been living with TWO socks inside her. No wonder she didn't want to eat or do anything.

Now little Digbee is at the vet for three days (as it was determined after she still wouldn't eat when she was emptied of her socks) that she has pneumonia.

I can't wait to get the little girl healthy, and onto a life of being the puppy she should get to be. So we can complain about things one is supposed to when bringing home a new puppy.. instead of one who is sick and not eating.

So - here's to finally getting healthy! I already notice the void when she's gone from the house- and I know she is meant to be part of our family. Even if we weren't really prepared for what the financial responsibility has turned into.. there is some real satisfaction in saving an animal who only has love to give. Especially because that's all we have for her- even if we have just met.

Love to her, and to Amos for being the best big brother!
-Digbee and Amos' Mom

See all diary entries for Digbee