Bruno "Butterball" Raman

Labrador Retriever
Picture of Bruno "Butterball" Raman, a male Labrador Retriever

Photo Comments

Home:The Woodlands, TX  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 12 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 51-100 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Bruno "Butterball" Raman

Rolly polly, Bruni............

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:

January 6th 2005

Mommy, Fetching Ball and Swimming

Squeaky toys

Favorite Toy:
Balls - Any kind

Favorite Food:
Chicken chunks in Gravy and Broccoli

Favorite Walk:
Home run

Best Tricks:
Melt Mommy's heart and get his way

Arrival Story:
Bruno is our first wedding anniversary precious gift. He completed us and has taught us time and again the true meaning of love. My hubby and I grew up with dogs and work with dogs. We are yet to see a dog like Bruno whose compassionate nature is none like anyone. He readily accepted Heidi, who was traumatized in her past life and he taught her to trust and bond again. He has welcomed other foster dogs and made their short stays memorable. Our family and guests who come home say they don't need us to make them comfortable as Bruno always makes sure they are welcome. Recently, he has adapted himself into his new role of being the guardian to our newest family member - Lumi, our little Golden Lab.

Forums Motto:
Mommy's Boy

I've Been On Dogster Since:
December 29th 2008 More than 8 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Heidi "Yappie"

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals


Recovering from my TPLO

June 25th 2009 6:03 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Jan 20th was terrifying for mommy. All of a sudden while playing in the backyard, I yelped and started limping. After many rounds of ice packs and massages, I slept and mommy couldn't sleep that night. I was taken to my vet who told her that I have a broken knee and need to be operated. I was taken to this nice lady surgeon , who said she will be very nice to me and fix my knee. I was scheduled for the surgery in a few days. Then it started .....the hours of research, discussions, reading various forums and finally 'The day"...It was the first day rather first night mommy had to stay without me. She was waiting for the call from vet the next day, after surgery, to tell her that I was doing OK. Despite the vet telling mommy and daddy not to visit me while I was with them, daddy stopped by and surprised mommy with my post op pic! Once she saw the pic of me with the e-collar, out they came...the tears, which were bottled up so long! She just wanted me home! But I had to spend another night at the vet. The next afternoon both mommy and daddy came to pick me up. The vet gave them strict instructions for my post op care.

Mommy and daddy alternately took 2 weeks off from work to take care of me. I was carried by daddy to do my stuff for first few days. Both Heidi and Lumi were very sweet with me. They got to know something was not right with me and I couldn't play with them. They spent all their time with me, just sitting by my side. I had never sat in one place until then and it proved to be tough. For the first time, I listened to mommy and was a very nice boy. She was also very strict with me. I couldn't get away with my usual stuff.

After much care and attention, I was once again taken to the sweet lady vet to get my stitches removed. I thought yuppie! I could be my old self once again. Mommy and daddy were told that I was doing good and my knee was healing fine but I still had to be in strict care for few more months and I had to go on diet and shed my extra pounds, (which daddy had so lovingly helped me put on). I was like, oh! bones, few more MONTHS!

But time flies! It has been 4 months since my surgery and I have healed well. It wasn't easy. There were days and nights of pain, restlessness, boredom, frustration but we went through it together as a family/pack. All is well now. As a treat, I went to a new doggie park with lotsa water last weekend. I swam and fetched ball for couple of hours. Mummy and daddy were really proud of me and so happy and relieved to see my old self back again.

If any of you need to know more about my recovery and also about my sweet lady surgeon who is in Houston, Tx, please ping mommy and me and we will be waggy waggy happy to share details!

See all diary entries for Bruno \"Butterball\" Raman