Labrador Retriever/Breed Unknown
Picture of Sumiko, a male Labrador Retriever/Breed Unknown

Photo Comments

Home:Denver, CO  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Male   Weight: 51-100 lbs

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Today is my Birthday!
Today is my Gotcha Day! Woof!

   Leave a bone for Sumiko

Sumi, tripod

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-three legger-disabled -dog rescue

Gotcha Date:
February 14th 1998

February 14th 1998

Balls, balls and more balls!


Favorite Toy:

Favorite Food:

Arrival Story:
Sumiko and I locked eyes on each other at a shelter in Richmond, VA. When he jumped over his brothers and sisters to get to the side of the play pen I was standing, I knew it was meant to be! 11 years later and we are still side by side. We've pretty much grown up together, and he's taught me so much. Sumiko is my best friend, my baby boy, and no other dog could hold a candle to him. 1998-2010

Forums Motto:
I miss you so much, my sweet baby boy

The Last Forum I Posted In:
My little Monkey Butt

I've Been On Dogster Since:
December 8th 2008 More than 8 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

I'm gonna fight for my right to partay!

Mommy needs support on Valentine's Day

January 31st 2010 8:15 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Me and my mommy celebrate my birthday on Valentine's Day because that's the day she found me and took me home. This is going to be the first time that I won't be there with her to celebrate and I know she's going to be really sad. I wish I could be there and open my presents and give her lots of kisses!

She's been so sad since I left and I'm becoming very worried about her. There is a girl named Yvette that lives with her, but they never had anything in common so they hardly talk to each other. Even when I left and my mommy was crying for days, Yvette never offered her condolences or made any special effort to console mommy. It made me really mad!

Maybe you, the reader of this diary entry, could send her some love on Valentine's Day? It's going to be a rough one for her, and she's going to need all the support she can get.


I had to say goodbye

January 3rd 2010 10:12 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Today hasn't been that great. I'm not feeling well and I can't seem to muster enough energy to get up on my own. I've been trying to make myself well because I can't bear the thought of leaving my mommy, but I don't know if I can make a recovery this time. Mommy helped me outside so I could pee, but I'm so weak that I fell to the ground while I was still tinkling. I looked at her and she looked at me, and she said "I think it's time."

She lifted me up and carried me inside the house. She went to her car and set up the front for me with my favorite sheet and picked me back up and placed me down comfortably on the seat.

When we arrived at the vets office they came out with a gurney and rolled me into the examination room. While they were taking my blood and doing some tests, mommy was in the hallway talking with the doctor. I could hear the lady explaining to mommy that my condition is critical, and in order to get me up on my own again they would have to start with a blood transfusion...but that was just for starters. She continued to say that I had something growing on my lungs that might explain why I'm so anemic and weak. Since I'm 12 years old, the doctor said that I'm not a good candidate for surgery.

Then mommy started to cry hysterically and I knew that she had just made the decision to let me go. She came in and sat with me for a while. We hugged and kissed each other, and she told me how much she loved me. I looked at her and said "I know mommy. I've always known how much you love me, and you know I love you with all my heart too." We hugged for a little while longer and then I looked at her and said "It's okay, mommy. I'm ready to go, but I don't want you to see me leave. So, lets hug and kiss one more time, and I'll be on my way."

At 6:30pm on January 3, 2010, I left her.


January 2, 2010

January 2nd 2010 9:52 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

It's been a rough start to the New Year. A couple of months ago, I started feeling a bit weak sometimes and one day I actually fell down when I tried to sit up. My mommy rushed me to the vet and they poked and prodded like usual. The doctor said I have an enlarged heart and my red blood cell count is low.

He gave my mommy some pills to give me, but I hate the taste and I don't want to eat them. She started hiding them in my treats, so they taste a little better, but sometimes I wait until she leaves the room and I'll spit it out on the floor!

I've been feeling better, of course I have my bad days. A few days ago I really didn't feel well and my nose was stuffed with goo. It was really gross! Then I began a fever of 103.6 and I just didn't want to move. Mommy said I had kennel cough and she made me take some icky pills. She also gave me fluids with an IV so I would get hydrated. She set up the living room with a bunch of comfy pillows for me to sleep on, and she even slept on the floor with me for 3 nights to make sure I was doing okay...she loves me so much!

I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better today and I even walked outside without assistance! She's still making me take those icky pills and she bought some herbal gunk that's supposed to help boost my red blood cell count and give me extra energy. I guess it's working because I fetched my ball once today.

I'll keep you guys posted and Happy New Years!!!!

See all diary entries for Sumiko