Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier
Picture of Jessie, a female Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier

Photo Comments

Home:Concord, NC  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 9 Years   Sex: Female

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Today is my Birthday!

   Leave a bone for Jessie

None yet

Sun Sign:
June 4th 2008

Arrival Story:
This is Jessie's (formerly Rose) sixth home. She was rescued by a nice girl who wanted to keep her but unfortunately lived in a no pets apartment. The girl's brother then took her in and decided he didn't have time to take care of a puppy. Her mother then took her in but her other dogs wouldn't have any part of that. Then her sister took her in but she was over the limit of the number of pets that she was allowed.She works at my Vets office doing kennel duty. She then gave the dog to one of the receptionists who had every intention of keeping the pup but find out that her older JRT needed back surgery and shouldn't be playing with a young puppy. Since Max passed away Arthur has been very depressed because they were best buddies and spent alot of time in the woods and running around in the yard keeping each other occupied. I had decided that he needed a new friend and was looking for a young pup to keep him company. I was asked if I was interested in adopting this pup and decided to give her a shot. Hopefully she will be with us for a long time to come.

Forums Motto:
I'm a sweet girl.

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Happy Birthday to Miss Mirra - DOTD!

I've Been On Dogster Since:
December 6th 2008 More than 8 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

Jessie's Diary

I'm all wet!!!

April 8th 2009 5:14 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well I really did it today. As some of you probably know we have a small fish pond in our front yard. It has two Koi in it and I am fascinated by them especially when they are eating.

I always want to get their little pellets and sometimes if Mom throws them close to the edge I can stretch my neck out and get one or two before those fish get to them. Well I really wanted them today even though I had already been fed I felt like having a little snack.

Mom went out to feed them and decided while she was outside she would go ahead and carry our recycle bins up to the road for pickup tomorrow. Normally we all follow Mom up the driveway because she needs our protection and we're afraid she might get lost coming back to the house and then who would feed us Dad???

Well I didn't go with Mom. She thought I did because I was right behind her as she started up but I snuck back down and decided to watch the fish eat and maybe help myself to a couple of their pellets. When Mom came back down she saw me run up under a bush and she thought I had something I wasn't supposed to have and she immediately thought about the fish.

She called me to come out but I wouldn't so she had to come in and get me and I was soaking wet. I had fallen into the pond and surpringly enough I had gotten myself out. In the process of getting out I knocked the pond filter apart and rearranged all the plants and gave the fish and myself a good scare.

Mom says she hopes I have learned my lesson but just in case I haven't she says from now on when she feeds the fish we will all stand and watch them eat or go back in the house until they're finished.

Just sign me All Wet!


Day three of hurt foot

March 19th 2009 2:41 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well I took my bandage off again last night while Mom was sleeping and I liked it so much that I decided to eat part of it. Well at about 5:30 this morning I decided I didn't think it tasted very good and jumped up on the bed and left Mom a nice little wake up gift. I upchucked the gauze but there was no sign of the tape that was holding it on my foot. So of course Mom was worried about that and searched the whole house for any sign of it. But she couldn't find it. She thought that I had eaten it so it was off to the Vet this morning for me. But that was okay because I love to ride. I just sit on the seat and take in all the sights. I love to go to the Vet. I'm so happy to see everybody that I just pee everywhere.

Well the good news is that I don't have the tape in my belly and I don't have to have my foot wrapped up anymore and that means that Mom doesn't have to worry about me eating any more gauze or tape.

The big mystery is What happened to the tape that was on my foot last night but not there this morning???? I'll never tell. If I do Mom will discover my secret hidey hole and I just can't let that happen. Maybe later I will bring the tape out so Mom will stop searching for it.

Just want to say Thank you for the rosettes that my friends have sent to help me get better.


Day two of hurt foot.

March 18th 2009 4:49 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well I was a very bad dog today. While Mom was at work I managed to get my E collar off and take my bandage off of my foot. Boy was she mad.

Dad called her while she was at work and asked her if she had taken the bandage off before she left this morning and Mom said No! I didn't take her bandage off. So Dad ratted me out and told her that I has obviously managed to get it off myself.

So Mom had to stop at Petsmart on the way home and get some stretchy tape so that she could rewrap it when so got home. I had to stay in the house all day because I can't go out without it being wrapped up. By the time Mom got home I was so ready to go outside but she wouldn't let me out until she took care of my foot. Well once she did that I thought I was going to get to go out and play but she only let me out long enough to take care of my business and then she made me come back in. I am not a happy camper right now. Arthur is outside exploring the yard and barking at the neighbors and in general just having a good time and I can't go out with him.

I guess the up side is that Mom did get me some new toys while she was at Petsmart and a couple of chewies. She also bought Scooter some new squeaky balls because I have managed to chew holes in all of her old ones so that they don't squeak anymore.

I go back to the Vet in the morning to have my foot checked and hopefully he will say that it is okay for me to go outside and play!

See all diary entries for Jessie