September 19th 2009 7:01 am
[ View A Comments (1) ]
Mommy made us a real yummy treat! It is blueberry banana biscotti made with handpicked blueberries. Mommy made a huge batch and shared them with some pups that we know, and EVERY pup liked them!!! You should try them! They are pretty easy to make, and they keep for a long time!
Blueberry Banana Biscotti
4 cups all-purpose flour (1 liter)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (1 milliliter)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (1 milliliter)
1 cup chopped peeled banana (250 milliliters)
1 cup blueberries, thawed if frozen (250 milliliters)
2 tablespoons each canola oil and water (25 milliliters)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla (5 milliliters)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. In a food processor, combine banana, blueberries, oil, water, egg and vanilla. Puree until smooth. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
2. In the bowl and using hands, knead until dough holds together. Transfer to lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a log. Flatten the logs to make about 4 inches (10 cm) wide.
3. With a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the logs. Place about 4 inches (10 cm) apart on baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm. Place pan on a rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 F (150 C).
5. With a sharp knife, cut each log into 1/4-inch/0.5 cm thick slices. Place, cut side down, about 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart on baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes longer or until hard. Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool completely. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.
Makes about 1 pound (500 grams)
WOW! Dose r sound bery gud!! Yu an' dose 2 uver mystree pups will have tasty tweets fur dayz!! BOL!!! My silly Momma, finkin' dere were 4 ob yu!! BOL!!!!