February 7th 2009 5:30 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Oh, my. Oh, dear. Have I forgotted my Christmas resolve so-ooooo soon? There I was, in my furry next diary entry, the one where Pookah hearted me, wishing fur something for ME. I'm so 'shamed!
Mommy, I don't want a nice shiny new red-red leash fur my birthday, honest! I don't need it. I gots Max's old fuzzed-out faded blue one, and it's just fine, really-really! So send that new beauuuuuutiful red-red-RED leash to a fur that hasn't gots ANY leash at all, please. Thanks! :)
February 7th 2009 4:03 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
My furiend Pookah hearted me! He sended me a beauuuuutiful heart that led me to his diary, where he has posted his answers to 10 easy-fun questions. So cool! Now I get to answer the same questions on MY page. (This is SUCH a good way to get to know your pals.) Here's my answers, bow-wow!, and now I get to send 4 pals a p-mail or a rosette and ask them to come here to read my diary, an' then answer the questions fur themselves. What fun! Oh boy- oh boy- oh boy... :))
1. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR COLLAR? ...Red! It's red-red-red! I lo-ooooove red! It looks so good next to my white furs. I wish I had a red-red leash, too-- maybe I'll get one soon? (Hint-hint, Mommy...)
2. WHAT KIND OF FOOD DO YOU EAT? ...I eat yummy-crunchy stuff! I *think* it might be Science Diet lamb & rice small-bites? All I know fur sure is, it's yummy-crunchy stuff!
3. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TREATS? ...Ooooooh, my VERY favorites are Pedigree Breath Busters. Does any buddy know what is a breath buster?? I have NO idea, but they're delicious an' we get them all the time fur being *good*. Yay!!
4. DO YOU HAVE A VALENTINE? ...Yes! yes-yes-YES!!! ***YES!!!!*** I gots the bestest Valentine in the hole wurrld. She is adorable, feisty, funny Breanna-My-Belle-with-ATTITUDE, and I love-love-loooooove her with all my big heart. *Smoooooches* fur my Bree.
5. DO YOU GET TABLE SCRAPS? ...It depends on if my mommy is watching my daddy carefully or not. If she is, the answer is NO. NEVER. Table scraps make us barf! If she isn't, the answer is YES. YUM-YUM! My dad rocks!!!
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TOY? ...Um. That's a tough one. I would have to say, my squeaky-squirrel. No-- it's my squeaky-duck. --No! Sorry, it's my squeaky-bone. Um... wait a minute. My *favorite* is my squeaky-giraffe! Or my squeaky-frog that only gurgles now? Oh, *I* don't know! I'm so confused.
7. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? ...August 15, 2005. It's coming up soon! (sort of.) I wonder if I'll get a nice red-red leash fur my birthday. Hint-hint.
8. HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO YOU GET TO EAT? ...Ohhhh, I'm a lucky dog in that department! We haves an automatic feeder in the kitchen, so I get to eat whenever I want. Me an' Max lo-ooooove this arrangement, and we have never ever over-eaten so I guess it works!
9. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE COLOR? ...Red! red-red-red! Oh boy-oh boy, red!! If only I had a *red* leash, I'd be a happy doggy. Sighhhhhhh.
10. DO YOU HOPE ALL YOUR PALS PUT THIS IN THEIR DIARY ENTRY? Oh, yes, please, please-pawlease! This was lots of fun! :)
December 17th 2008 8:51 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Sandy Paws is coming next week!
We call him Sandy Paws here because we live in the beach. I mean, ON the beach. Well, except when I dig-dig-dig and then bury myself in a nice big cool sandy hole, then I guess I'm IN the beach. Mom an' Dad feel like they live IN the beach sometimes, too... no matter how carefully we get brushed or bathed, Max and I still manage to carry sand with us when we wiggle under the bed covers at night. It's so relaxing fur my mom an' dad to climb into bed after a long, tiring day, and slide between gritty sheets!
But I gotted side-tracked with the Sandy thing... what I really wanted to write about was Christmas. It seems like every buddy I know is asking fur things. New toys! A new car! A pretty collar. A new outfit. A Christmas ham! Even, things fur a friend or a neighbor who's been having troubles.
These are all good-good things!, and I know that there is so-ooo much trouble in the world nowadays that each one of these things might be crucially impawtant. But, I have decided that GETTING --yes, even getting impawtant things-- is really not fur me. So I am not going to think any more about anything I might want, or need, or wish for. I have a warm, snug home! I get fed every day! I'm loved! How could I, really, ask fur anything else?
I have resolved that from this moment on, my focus is going to be on GIVING. I don't think it will be too hard to do this, because in my heart I believe that GIVING is really what Christmas is all about. We can give to our loved ones, so that they will know that they are remembered and cherished. We can give to folkses who don't have so much and who otherwise might not have a happy Christmas. We can give THINGS, yes, but we can also give of ourselves, from the heart, using our time and effort and energy to bring joy and comfort to someone else.
I think I can do this! My pawrents are going to help me figure out who in our community might need something. A family's house on the island burned to the ground a couple of weeks ago, and they lost everything. A contractor fell 60 feet off a roof last month, and his company has closed down until he can recover. All the oystermen in our town are suffering because there's so few oysters this year (because Georgia needed so much water from our river during the drought). Right here in this county there are kids without families... families without food... a woefully overcrowded animal shelter... elderly people with no one to care fur them. Maybe I can make some buddy's Christmas a little brighter. Maybe I can DO something fur some buddy else, really give from my soul... and do it quietly with no announcements, so that they'll never know WHO did it?
Here's my resolution: I'm not going to ASK any more, even if I'm asking fur other folks. I am simply going to DO. I want to make Christmas this year about DOING. And, I think I will actually like this, like it better than a new collar or a new toy! I think that, maybe, DOing something will turn out to be the very bestest Christmas present I could get!