January 29th 2010 6:53 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]
1. When I come home, I let tater (Austin) come out front to do her excited pee before going in the house. I tell teeny weeny (Tina) “hold on- I can’t walk that fast to the back door to get you out”, I reassure my boo boy (Braun) that he was loved and missed all day and I tell blondie (Ginger) “no treats until you go out and do your business”
2. I will ask my pups if they want to go for a walk. Why I bother asking, I don't know. The answer will always be From Ginger "only if it is in the back yard because you know how creeped out I am about going through the front door!!". From Austin “will there be food involved?”. From Braun “only if you let me off y leash to roam free about the neighborhood whilst you look for me” and from Tina “YES YES YES YES YES YES! *hyperventilating*”
3. Rather than being the Pack Leader and insisting my dogs make room for me on the couch. Loveseat, bed, spot in front of stove in kitchen, etc. I simply work around them, trying not to disturb their peace.
4. When I tell Tina it is time to go to bed (in other words get off our bed and into her dog bed) she looks at me as if I have beaten her with ears down, eyes bugged out and shivering so I inevitably say “Awwww! It is ok honey. You had such a bad life before us so you can stay in the bed”. Making me so uncomfortable all night long but – so worth it! Thank God the other three dogs prefer to sleep in their dog beds!
5. When I am done with a roll of toilet paper I will throw it in the middle of all the dog toys and see who finds it first. That dog gets to chew it to shreds and then I clean it up for them.
6. I think nothing of my dogs sniffing my butt or my hair or even my clothing. Humans on the other hand – psycho comes to mind!
7. I pull dog hair from my food and try to guess which dog it came from. Human hair will make me throw a steak away!
8. When I wake up from a nap on the weekends and Daddy is in the living room while the dogs are still in the bedroom with me. I stir them up quietly by saying things like “whose here?” or knocking on the wall by the bed in order to get Daddy to run down the hall and let them outside to potty – trying to keep them from waking me! LOL! This works every time!!
9. I come home from the grocery store with five bags for dogs and two bags for humans. Needless to say there is no room on the top of my fridge or the bread box for anything but dog treats!
10. I think nothing of picking up their puke. Even when it is full of food, grass and unknown substances. I have been known to stand behind my dogs while they throw up – petting them to make them relax. Never did that for my husband but think I recall a story (before marriage) of him holding me in the truck while I threw up. LOL!
Leave A Comment | 2 people already have
number 8 - boy do I love that. You guys are funny *and again, laughing* !!
Thank you guys, Jojo and sonja
They would know it in a minute if a pod ever replaced you!