Close X


Nov 5th.

(Page 7 of 13: Viewing Diary Entry 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Thank You Dogster.Com

February 8th 2012 3:44 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I just learned from a doggie pal that I was Doggie Diary of the Day on Feb 1st! Wow! Mom hadn't checked the community page in awhile & we didn't even know it! Thanks, That's cool! We loved the picture! We also love reading other doggie diaries to see what everyone is up doing!
Bark at you later.........Shelby


Another Week of Winter Gone By.........

February 7th 2012 3:56 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hi All: Monday morning brought a beautiful, warmer than normal, sunny day. Mom worked from home since the parking garages where she works had to be cleaned after the Super Bowl. I mostly just hung out not doing much of anything. When Dad got home from work I helped him in the barn. Mom was later coming to the barn because she had some kind of conference call for work. Since the new horse came & Dad is trying to 'bond' with him, Mom & Dad spend most of their time, after bringing the horses in, brushing & clipping on them. Geeze! What about us? But Mom did take time to play ball with me. Dad had told her he sure wished he had the camera as he caught me snuggling with the barn cat, Albert, on the settee. But the min. Mom opened the barn door, I jumped down. So embarrassing!
Dad's new horse is settling in very well & they think he is going to be a sweetie. Not as sweet as me I bet! :-) The new horse seems to be used to me as well as the other dogs, but Mom says I can be the most annoying as I like to bark at the horses when they come up to the water tank. Silks, the new horse, does just like the other horses.....ignores me. :-( Hey, I'm an Aussie & they should listen to me!
Bark at you later.....Shelby


Super Bowl Day!

February 5th 2012 7:28 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hi All! Well, everyone is all fired up for the Super Bowl & most everyone has had a chance to enjoye the NFL experience downtown Indianapolis. Of course, I didn't but I have seen a lot about it on TV. Honestly, I probably won't be able to stay awake for the actual game. I start getting really sleepy about 8:00 pm! :-(
I hung out all day with Dad in the barn. It was raining most of the day. Dad had left the back door of the barn open & I spent a lot of time out there watching the horses. Well, needless to say, Mom was NOT happy when she came to the barn & I was soak & wet. But Dad said I needed to be a dog & do what I LOVE to do--watch the horses. Yea, Dad! Mom had to towel dry me & I could tell she was a bit annoyed. :-(
Well, last night when Mom & Dad brought the horses in for the night Dad's new horse had spent the day rolling in any mud he could find in the pasture. WOW! He had mud caked on him. Poor Dad would have a job getting all that off. AND, he didn't want to use the vaccum on him yet until the new horse was more used to all of us. But while Mom & Dad groomed the horses, us dogs decided to get in a 'full-blown' game of tag. We were running out of the barn into the pasture & then back into the barn at top speeds. We would make a big sweep around the Ranger which was parked in the aisle of the barn & then back out again. But Mom said the new horse was watching it all but didn't seem to be bothered by our craziness.
I was sure tired after all of that & fell asleep on the settee even before Mom & Dad were finished in the barn.
Well, that's about all for this Sat.
Bark at you later.......Shelby


New Horse In The Barn

February 4th 2012 12:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Wow! On Friday morning Mom & Dad were up & in the barn at 2:30 am! What in the world was happening? We never eat breakfst this early. Although I kinda new something was up because Mom & Dad were putting stuff in the little trailer & every night the past week grooming Dad's mare to the 'hilt'. Mom was clipping on her one night for hours, all the while I sat in the stall door watching. Well Friday, at 3:00 am. Mom & Dad loaded Dad's mare & headed out. Once again, I did not get to go. It turns out they were on their way to Bowling Green, KY to take Dad's Rocky Mtn mare & pick up Dad's new Arabian gelding. Mom was still kinda sad to take Hanna, the mare, because she was such a good horse, but Dad wanted another Arabian. It was going to be a nice day near 60 degrees so Mom said I could stay outside in the kennel while they were gone so I could watch the horses & bark at them when they came up to the water tank.
Mom & Dad pulled in the drive to the barn about 2:30 pm that afternoon. I was anxious to see the new horse. They put him in a stall in the barn though & I couldn't see him. But later in the evening when Mom brought her Rocky Mtn gelding & Arabian gelding in for the night I did get to see the new horse. Heck, he looked just like Dad's other horse to me. What's the big deal? But he did seem to be kinda nervous & jumpy about stuff. Dad spent a lot of time grooming him & Mom told us dogs to be quiet & not be playing tag in the barn until the new horse got used to us being so loud & wild. what are we suppose to do meanwhile. Mom gave us all a bone to chew on so we stayed busy for the first night of the new horse's arrival. That horse has a strange name......Silks.....that's kinda funny name for a horse, but Mom said it was part of his registered name & we would all get used to it.
Well that's about it for this week. I'll let you know what the new horse thinks when all 3 of us dogs are playing tag & running full blast from the pasture into the barn & then back out again.
Bark at you later........Shelby


Sat--One of My Favorite Days.................

January 28th 2012 5:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I helped Dad in the barn all morning. He always puts fresh sawdust in the horse stalls on Sat. & tidies up the barn. Sometimes he says I am too much help. :-( Dad & Mom had gotten the little 3-horse bumper pull horse trailer out of the barn to take his Rocky Mtn mare to the vet for her vaccinations & coggins on Friday as they will be taking her to KY next Friday. Since we always take the big trailer w/living quarters camping, the little trailer sits in the barn most of the time. Dad said it was dirty & he wanted to wash it inside & out before the trip to KY, but he wouldn't let me help so I hung out in the barn. Then, Mom & Dad decided they needed to replace on of the rubber mats. Since they were going to Rural King (a farm store) Mom said I could go with them. I love to go there. They have all kinds of farm animal stuff including lots of dog stuff. Mom let me shop through the dog isles, but I really didn't find anything that I wanted. Mom tried to interest me in a stuffed animal, but I am too old for that baby stuff. There were some rabbits in a cage that everyone was picking up but I couldn't care less about them. Now if there had been squirrels in that cage that would have been a different story! There were several other dogs in the store, but I didn't know them so I wasn't interested. I did get petted by a lot of people & one lady gave me a dog biscuit. I ate it, but it was rather dry & tasteless. When we got home, Mom & Dad brought the horses in for the night. They groomed them all. Me & my Weim sister kept pushing the stall doors open & going in & out of the stalls. Of course, Mom kept shooing us out. Of course, the barn cat sat on Mom's lap which he has gotten into a habit of doing every night. Hmmmmm.......when he sits on her lap, I jump up on the settee & sit as close to her as I can. Mom thinks I like the cat, but I would just as soon he not sit on her lap.
That about does it for my day.
Bark at you later.......Shelby


Another Gloomy Winter Week

January 26th 2012 12:22 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

We are one week closer to Spring! It's been cold, rainy & cloudy all week. I am so ready for Spring or just a dry sunny day would be nice!
Well, Mom & Dad went to Bowling Green, KY last Sun. to see the new horse, but I didn't get to go. Mom said it would be a long drive & a long day. I was beginning to worry before they got back home though as it was getting kinda late. Mom said Dad took the horse out for a trail ride. I guess they both really liked him, said he was very sweet & cute. (rolling eyes in head) That's suppose to be me.........not a horse! Anyway, they are going back next Friday to bring the horse home. Mom said the new horse is used to dogs because the barn dog went out on the trail ride with Dad & another client that was trying out a horse. (shrugging shoulders) Mom never lets me go out on the trails with them anyway. She says another horse might kick me. Guess Mom has seen other dogs get kicked by strange horses on the trail & some horses spook at dogs.
At least on Sat. Dad took me on the Ranger with him to the woods. He let me off to chase a squirrel which was fun. I never seem to get to them before they get to the darn tree though & I run as fast as I can go. I am the only one of the dogs that like to chase squirrels.
Well not much news to report except for Dad's new horse that is coming next week. I will let you know what I think of him once I meet him. Personally, I like Dad's mare. She is nice & doesn't care if I go in her stall & sniff around. But Dad likes his Arabians so Mom said we would have to sell the Rocky mare. Mom's kinda sad about it but she gets attached. :-( Poor Mom..........bark at you later......Shelby

Oh yea, the Super Bowl 'buzz' is in full swing in Indianapolis. Mom said she has a great view of the Lucas Oil Stadium where she works & can see as downtown takes shape for all the Super Bowl activities. I sure would like to go & see all the sights but Mom said that won't be happening. :-(


Winter is here!

January 14th 2012 1:24 pm
[ Leave A Comment ] it ever cold--8 degrees last night. Guess our luck of mild winter weather ran out! We got a couple of inches of snow & bitter cold winds this week. Good thing I have my full winter coat. And with this cold weather not much happening to report. Me & Dad took a ride on the Ranger today. It was too cold for the other dogs, but I don't mind as long as I get to go. I hung out mostly with Dad today because Mom was busy running errands, & cleaning house. Of course, we had barn chores to do as Dad strips the stalls every Sat. & always needs my help.
Dad is thinking about getting a new horse......another Arabian. He misses his Arabian & Mom says the Rocky Mtn mare just isn't filling the void. They are going next weekend to look at the one Dad has picked out. I am so hoping Mom will let me go with them. I promise I will be good & mind my manners. I have been hanging especially close to Dad so he won't say 'no' to me going with them.
Hopefully this bitter cold won't last & we can be outside more.
Bark at you later.......Shelby


Hi again:

January 8th 2012 4:39 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Not much to report today. Mom worked inside most of the day, housework & then on the computer. Mom has to meet with an attorney on Mon. to give him a statement about what she saw in a fatal accident. Mom said she wanted to get it all typed up ahead of time. So I hung out with Dad ALL day. My Weim sister stayed in the house most of the day as well. Dad took me back to the woods in the Ranger. I LOVED that! Dad even stopped & let me chase a squirrel up a tree. Dad calls me his "squirrel dog". :-) I think that is a good thing. When Mom came to the barn she did play ball with me for awhile. She also brought out some yummy broth that she poured over our dry dog food. Mom has to be very careful with me as I get sick if I eat any kind of people food. For the most part I only get dry dog food & my doggie treats. Well, that's about all that happened today.
Bark at you later...........Shelby


Back To A Regular Routine

January 7th 2012 6:36 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well, Mom had to go back to work this past week. It was still a short week for her as she is off on Fridays. She works 4-10 hr days. Dad gets home from work first & we hang out in the barn with him doing chores until I hear Mom's car. I can just barely see out the barn window if I stand on my tip-paws. Dad says my whole back half starts wiggling when I see Mom pull in. It was really cold early in the week, but was near 60 degrees on Friday. Mom gave us dogs really good bones every night this week while they groomed the horses. Mom says it sure keeps us quiet & we are not ripping & tearing thru the barn chasing each other while they are trying to groom horses.
Not much really fun to report this week as it has been a kinda quiet week. Dad took us dogs all for a ride in the Ranger this afternoon while Mom cleaned house. That's always fun. I was hoping me & Mom could go for a walk on Friday when it was so warm but she was gone most of the day running errands. She still has to go to therapy for her finger on Fridays too.
:-( Guess her finger will never be the same, but she said she would just have to deal with that.
Our neighbor stopped by today bringing some of our mail she received by mistake. She has two Aussie's too-Beau & Bailey. I have only met them once when I was little. She said that her red merle is a bit ill towards other dogs so Mom didn't think that it would be a good idea for us to meet. Mom says I am an alpha dog, what ever that is. Mom said I have been well socialized, not sure what that really means, but I do have lots of doggie pals. I never fight with Wren or Louie. I do try to herd them around, but they usually don't pay any attention to me. :-( But, if a dog is aggressive, I will not back down. So Mom avoids those kind of confrontations.
Bark at you later..........Shelby


2012 Begins

January 2nd 2012 11:13 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yesterday I was hanging out with Dad in the barn while he was working in his workshop room. Well, here comes Mom & my Weim sister with sacks of hats & decorations. Mom announced to me & Dad it was time for a "photo shoot". Oh boy, here we go again! The only good thing about pictures are all the treats. I don't really mind wearing the little hats, but my Weim sister doesn't like them at all. She just doesn't understand it will only be for a short time & there's a treat at the end. Mom had a theme in mind for the New Year's pictures. "If you party, be sure to have a responsible designated driver". Of course, the driver was to be me since I always sit in the front seat of the Ranger. Mom's plan was to have my front paws on the steering wheel with Wren & Louie in the back, but my legs were too short to reach the steering wheel. :-( I tried but almost fell with Mom catching me. That scared me. Mom decided I could just sit in the front after that. Louie, the hound dog was fine with the hats & props, but Wren-the Weim, was acting all silly & jumping around. She gets all excited over nothing. (rolling eyes in head) Yep, Mom had her hads full with her, she kept knocking stuff off & jumping in & out of the ranger. Louie was fine with all of it & Mom got some great pictures of him with some goofy glasses. Louie is laid back & loves our Mom. He was dumped on our road & wandered up & down for 3 days until Dad stopped & brought him home--8 or 9 yrs ago. He had been abused & it took forever to get him to trust them completely. Mom said when they brought me home, I hung on Louie's ears everywhere he tried to go. But he never growled or got mad about it. Then the Weim came & she was forever jumping on him & biting his legs. Poor guy. Well, hope you liked our New Year's pictures. Here's wishing all of my doggie pals & their people a great new year!
Bark at you later.........Shelby

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)