Close X


Keep me safe......

(Page 8 of 30: Viewing Diary Entry 71 to 80)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  


October 30th 2010 6:02 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom came home and we all went for a walk - which I LOVE!! Mom put this really warm coat on me. It's green quilted on top with fake lambs wool on the inside. It was soooo warm!! I actually had my tail up and swaying for most of the walk. I knew I looked good in my coat! Mom is threatening to give me a bath soon. But it's soooo cold out!! Today it's supposed to hit 50 degrees and I may be hit for the bath! That's alright I stink! :) It was 38 degrees when mom took us outside this morning - brrrrrr......


Another Bath

October 31st 2010 4:23 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Mom said I smelled funky. So she gave me a bath and I smelled like coconuts.... Hmmmmmm.... and THAT doesn't smell funky? I avoided everyone for about an hour after I got my bath but mom, dad and Turner didn't mind. They give me space when I need it. Turner was just glad it wasn't his turn to get a bath!

We went for a long walk yesterday. Mom put on my sweatshirt and I was warm and comfy. I'm starting to get the hang of this getting dressed thing. I'm even lifting one of my paws up before mom asks.



November 3rd 2010 12:20 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

So this morning mom got us all dressed. It was 20 degrees outside and took us out to clean out birdhouses. WHY? They're birds! Anyhoo, she had this cordless drill and lost the tip for the screw. So then she looked for a replacement and couldn't find one. So that ended that.

Then we took Turner to the vet. I stayed in the truck in my crate and just watched the show around me. I don't like cities too much. Too much movement, but I was safe in my crate! Well they were inside for a while then mom brought Turner out and she was pretty happy. Said that Turner was so awesome in the office and she was so proud of him. Guess his lump is no big deal and that's good!!

We got home and mom started to clean - that means it's nappy time for us dogs. I joined Turner on the bed in front of the window with the warm sun. We took a nap for about an hour and then we heard mom going outside. So we joined her. She let's me go outside of the fence behind the house alot now. It's great! I get to run up and down the hill and get a good run in! We just got in and mom decided to check her e-mails and found out that Turner is Diary of the Day!! :) That's so cool!! Now it's chill time again. Waiting for dad to get home so we can go for our walk - my favorite time of the day!


Calming Cap/Anxiety Wrap

November 6th 2010 6:01 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Ever heard of one? Neither did I. But apparently mom did and we started our training with it. At first I just froze. Like I do with everything that scares me. But mom took her time with me like she does and I started to eat some treats. It wasn't too bad after all. We worked with it for about 35-40 minutes.

Then we took an hour break and mom put on the Anxiety Wrap. I really like that!! It's like a great big hug! Mom left that on for an hour. Everyone stayed quiet and I stayed in my crate, you know my safe place. When mom took off my wrap she gave me a great rub down. I think I liked that even more.... maybe.

Mom decided to use them because we went for a walk earlier and I really freaked out. Not sure if it was the cars/trucks in the distance or the mini-horses that were neighing. Their pitch is higher than an average horse. I was white eyed and looking behind me the whole time. But I'm not worried I go to mom and lean on her when were walking if I get scared. She stops and puts one hand on my side and one hand on my chest until I calm down. Some days are good, some aren't so good. But mom stays calm and I come around. Slow and steady....


Pulled a fast one on dad! :)

November 6th 2010 9:37 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

So dad was loading up his truck and decided to leave the gate open. Well Turner being Turner took off a runnin through the gate. Needless to say I wasn't too far behind! Zoooommmm!!! We ran up the hill and chased each other for a bit! Dad was kinda freaked, I've never been outside the fence with him before and he thought for sure I would run away. What and leave my HOME? No way!! Well dad went back in the house, called Turner who of course went to dad. I followed Turner and went in the house also. Dad was releived. Went out and closed the gate. He though for sure mom would kill him if I ran away!! But mom knows, where ever everyone goes I'm going!!



November 7th 2010 8:50 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Dad wasn't home last night - mom said he went to visit with grandma and grandpa. We took our walk - which I did really good on!! :) Got back to the house and I got a little nervous. Hmmm. I didn't eat my dinner. Mom leaves the bowl down for me for 45 minutes, if I don't eat the bowl gets put up until later. Well mom decided to see if I would come to her with treats. We sit on the sofa most nights and I just chill with mom. When mom called me I was a bit hesitant but I did join her on the couch. She pet me for a bit and then we worked with the Calming Cap again. I'm definately getting used to it! I took treats just about every time. Mom left the cap on for a good 20 minutes. And I was pretty calm the whole time. Once she took it off I got a little bit scared but I was alright.


And the training continues

November 8th 2010 3:42 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

So last night I put the Calming Cap on Darcy. We actually walked around the house with it for a bit. A little shakey but she is definately getting used to it.

Then later, I put on the Anxiety Wrap. I think I'm getting more response from the wrap. I left it on her a good hour. We just let her lay in her crate. Took her outside for a bathroom break, once back in the house I took it off of her. She had her tail up and wagging at me. Her eyes were a little stressed, but overall she was calmer. She followed me around the house, first heading towards her crate, then changing her mind and following me. She finally jumped on the sofa and settled down. Turner jumped up on the sofa to have some lovin time and all was calm.

Darcy just loves going for walks. When I get home she is sooo excited, she runs into the bedroom and sits on her pillow with that look - like come on get changed, lets go!! Even the walks are getting much better for her. She's not hitting the ground when cars go by. She may cringe once or twice but her recovery is really fast now! There are times when you can tell she's struggling. She wants to come to me for a pet on the chest, but then seems to catch herself and stop. Usually that's when I approach her side and stroke her a few times and then just walk away. Slow and steady with this girl, she's so worth it.


Some days are good and some days are well... not so good

November 9th 2010 6:56 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Last night was alright I guess. I got home and Darcy and Turner ran up the hill behind the house. Playing like usual. We got in, got ready for our walk with no problem. Once we got back from our walk Darcy started to shut down. Some nights she's just plain scared at everything. Last night was one. So I put on the Anxiety Wrap and let her stay in her crate. Brought her out on lead and tried to work with her a bit. The entire time her tail was tucked under her belly. She wouldn't take a treat for anything. Any eye contact and she would go white eyed and start shaking. So I just let her be.

Once again, I wonder, what is she thinking? I wish she could talk and tell me everything so I could make her feel better. Let her know she's safe and no harm will ever come to her.

So tonight I'll go home, get changed and take them for another walk and hope tonight it will be better for her...


And some days are good...

November 10th 2010 3:24 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

So I had to wait for the satellite guys to show up at 11:30 am. Had some bushes and stuff to pull out of the ground today and decided that after our walk I would get to it. Well I let Darcy stay off lead. Oh boy! I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. She smelled around for a bit and the zoom she took off! Ran into the woods in the front yard and I watched her and Turner hop around for a bit. Then she ran in front of the house, around the side and up and down the hill. I laughed sooo hard! Her and Turner were chasing for a good 10 minutes. Then she started heading to where I didn't want her to go. I've got unknown hunters on my property and I'm not sure if they are in deer stands today. Luckily Turner will chase her, turn her and head towards the house when I call him. After about 10 more minutes she finally followed him in. I went back outside and tied her to about 20 ft of lead. Got the bushes out of the ground and decided alright we'll head to the back, again and I'll see how she does. Zoom, she took off again. This time took a little more bribing to get her in the house but she did come in after a bit. I know she got some really good exercise in - she needs it and she is so beautiful to watch run. While waiting for the satellite guys (who didn't show until 2:45!) both Turner and Darcy took a well deserved nap.

Once the satellite guys showed up, Darcy was crate bound. Bless her heart, they were here for 2 hours. Once they left I took her out for a much needed potty break. I wish I had a couple of acres fenced in so she could really get a run on but there is no way hubby will go for it. We don't have any dog parks around so that is out. I was nervous a couple of times when she headed to the woods. I lost sight of her and am concerned about her. Luckily she is micro-chipped and has her lost tag on at all times outside. So it was a much better day today.

By the way, thanks everyone for your comments. It's comforting to know that I'm not babbling into space. :)


Today is my Birthday!

November 11th 2010 4:32 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

I'm three years old!! Wow what a life!! I was found at 8 weeks old and mom counted back from that day eight weeks and today's date is my birthday! It's been a long journey for me in just 3 years. I was found with my siblings and mom (a beautiful fawn boxer) living under a house. The rescue people had to crawl under the house to get all of us - we were scared of course. We were loaded with fleas and got a bath. However the people that gave us pups a bath just put us out in their yard after the bath. Not much hands on. And I started to be fearful. Well my siblings and mom all got adopted. Except me, I was a scardy dog by then and nobody helped me get over it. The humans just left me alone instead of treating me and making me feel good. So I just kept going with all my pup friends to Petsmart on the weekends. All of my friends were going to new homes, but me... :( That's when I met my future mom. She came one day and noticed how quiet I was. How I was trying to make myself so small that nobody would touch me. When she asked about me she was told - oh she has a harness on because she's so shy we can't grab her. What?! Of course she put a lead on me and took me for a walk. We sat behind the store in a grassy area. Future mom just sat there and didn't say a word. When she tried to touch me I jumped like I was being shocked. Please don't hurt me! White-eye and shaking. That's when mom started to plan my life. You see mom had just moved to TX from FL and was renovating a house. They had a pit/boxer who was dog reactive and mom had to come up with a plan to get me out of my situation. So a section of the yard got fenced in, doggie doors installed and mom spent alot of time with me on the weekend at Petsmart. Finally one day mom came home and said to dad that she had seen enough and wanted to foster me. Dad was a little leary at first (like he always is) but of course mom got her way. So after they caught me at the rescue owners house I got to meet Turner and my future dad walking on their 20 acres. I completely ignored Turner - I was soo scared. Turner realized I wasn't going to hurt or challenge him and ignored me. Hooray!! Mom fostered me for 9 months in TX. I got a little better and soon Turner and I would play for hours!! I can read him like a book and when he would start to get upset I would walk away from him. It was great. Then one day mom said that her and dad were heading north to help mom's parents. That I had to go back to the rescue. The saddest day was when mom took me back to the rescue. They had a new place in Silsbee and there were loads of dogs. Once again I faded to the background - scared... Then one day in September of 2010 Marcie came and got me. She took me to Covington, LA to St. Tamany's Humane Society. She gave me a big kiss and told me to have a wonderful life! What did that mean? Well I spent 2 weeks at the HS and then I was taken to an airport. Pilots and Paws flew me from Covington, LA to Allentown, PA. Our flight was early and I had to wait in a mini-van with 8 barking little dogs! What in the world was going on? Then I saw her. A SUV pulled up behind the van and I notice the person driving - it was mom!! I knew she wouldn't leave me forever!! I knew it! Mom's came over to the van, slipped a collar and lead on me and said hello my love - welcome home. I was so happy!! Now I'm at my forever home with mom, dad and of course Turner. Mom and dad are so patient with me it's wonderful. We have a big house and lots of woods to sniff in! Mom and dad are helping me get over my fears and hope that one day I'll be able to take a deep sigh and enjoy life to the fullest. There have been soo many adventures since I left Texas and I know there are soo many more to come! So happy 3rd birthday to me - the luckiest girl in the world! :)

  Sort By Newest First



Family Pets

Turner - Gone
Too Soon
Baby (Heaven
Bound 9-26-06)
Boomer - In
Blaze -
Grunt CGC


(What does RSS do?)