Pepsi - The Cola Kid

Picture of Pepsi - The Cola Kid, a female Beagle

Photo Comments

Home:St. Ann/St. Louis, MO  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 10 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 11-25 lbs

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Pepsi - The Cola Kid

Pepsi-Wepsi, Peps, Pepsi-Cola

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-mutt-pound dog-dog rescue

May 29th 2006

Food, walks, food, cuddling on the couch or bed, food

Being left alone

Favorite Toy:
She likes her Kong (because there's food in it)

Favorite Food:
So far, peanut butter

Favorite Walk:
Anywhere, especially if there are squirrels along the way. The world is now safe from squirrels.

Best Tricks:
She is a "Dancing Queen". She will dance for treats.

Arrival Story:
After our greyhound, Lucky, went to the Bridge we knew we needed another dog. We thought of a lot of breeds that we could rescue until we realized that we had forgotten about the Humane Society and the stray rescue groups. We found Pepsi on Stray Rescue of St. Louis, Mo. and were struck by her sweet eyes. When we met her, we fell in love. Her picture didn't do her justice at all. Her foster mom brought her over to our house a few days later and we decided to take her in on a trial basis, which is a feature that is offered by Stray Rescue to see if you and the dog are a good fit. It didn't take long to realize that she's a keeper.

I don't remember much about my life before I came to my new home. Stray Rescue found me at the Pound. I was really skinny and I had a bacterial infection and a cough. That all got cleared up and my foster mom fattened me up to just right. It looks as though I've had puppies, but that's just speculation. Mommy and Daddy think I may have been in a home at some point because I'm way too good a girl to be an all street dog. I'm being a really good girl so that Mommy and Daddy will want to keep me forever. I think it's working!

Forums Motto:
Oohh, a Squirrel!

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Agressive Rep from Hills/Science Diet...

I've Been On Dogster Since:
June 3rd 2008 More than 8 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Lucky CGC
Sandy (At The

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

The Joy of Pepsi

Aww, Mommy!

June 24th 2009 9:23 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Mommy did a lot of cooking today. She made French toast for breakfast and froze the leftovers, lasagna, chicken 3 different ways, and 2 kinds of Jello. Did I get any? NOOOOOO! She froze it all and said that it was for the next couple of weeks because she won't be able to do much of anything. She's going in the hospital on Friday to get spayed. Mommy and I will have something in common! She's kind of looking forward to it because it will solve the problems she's been having, but she's a little nervous about afterwards when her tummy hurts. I always thought that getting spayed was routine, but Mommy says that's just for dogs. Hoomans don't do it unless there is a problem. She's going to be gone for up to 4 days! What am I going to do for 4 days without my mommy? Daddy said that he'll leave one of her nightshirts out for me to cuddle with. I'm sure that will help, but it's not the same! Why 4 days? We dogs go home the next day! Do hoomans have a harder time than we do? Hmph, wimps. They should be more like us dogs. We're tough! We can take it! I promised her I would take care of her when she got home. I just hope that she's not gone too long. *Sniff* I want my mommy!


A Fun Week!!!!

April 13th 2009 7:07 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mommy and Daddy are back from New Hampshire where my human sister had a beautiful baby girl! She was born on Fri., April 3 at 2:09 pm EST. She was 21 inches long and weighed 8 lbs 8 oz. I get to go with Mommy and Daddy in August when they go back for my nephew's 2nd birthday. This time I stayed with my Foster Mom from Stray Rescue (I was there for 10 days) and made friends with a Boxer mix. She was my cuddle buddy. We would run and play in the back yard every day. I tore up another pillow in my crate when we had storms on Monday. Mommy and Daddy just laughed about it. Now Mommy has to make me a new bed for my crate. I was sooooo excited when Mommy and Daddy came to pick me up that I jumped up and bounced around while they talked to FM, got my things in the car and wrote out the check for her. I panted the whole time we were in the car. And guess what! Instead of going straight home, we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa!!!!!! As soon as my harness was off, I went tearing down the hall to greet them. I was so excited! I love my Grandma and Grandpa. We finally got home about 7:30 pm. Boy was I tired! I had a great time at FM's house, but it sure is good to be home.


It Had Been Such A Good Day.

July 15th 2008 9:28 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

When Daddy got me up Sunday morning, he let me outside to go potty. I did my business, and then found a great spot in the middle of the yard to roll around in. I spent about 10 minutes getting all perfumed. It was lovely. I wanted to smell especially nice when we went to the dog park. When we got there we met Georgie and Jackson, Duffy, Gilbert and Buster and a bunch of other dogs there, too. We spend about 3 hours there on Sunday when the weather is nice and this Sunday it was beeooooteful!!!!Not a cloud in the sky, a nice breeze and the temperature was in the low 8o's. Everybody was camped out under my tree in the middle of the small dog area! It was ok, I'm getting used to everypup. We are becoming a pack. I even met a Beagle named Bentley. He's bigger than me, but he didn't scare me. He's a Beagle! After the dog park, we went to lunch and I laid down under the bench that Mommy and Daddy were sitting on. I was tired! Then we went to Petsmart to get me some more food, but they were out of the 5 lb bag of Blue Buffalo Small Bites. Good thing I had enough for Monday morning! We went home after that and we all took a nap. That's when the day went wrong.

Mommy had moved some stuff on the kitchen counter. I thought she was cleaning the kitchen, but nooooooooo. Next thing I knew, Daddy picked me up and I suddenly found myself in the SINK! Mommy had water running and a sprayer! She was making me all wet!!!!!!!! And soaping me up!!!!!!!!! Oh Dog, I was getting a BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! And after I had so carefully perfumed myself, too. The nerve! All those nice smells getting washed down the sink. Humans just don't appreciate nice doggy smells. Mommy said it was so I wouldn't itch so much. Yeah, right. I still itch........a little. Ok, maybe it did help, but she still washed off all my nice perfume! Now I have to start all over. Sheesh.

Monday, we went to visit a doggy hotel called Happy Tails. There is a large playroom with beds around the perimeter and a door that leads to an outside play area. The door to the outside is closed and locked at 10 pm and then open it again at 6 am. It's doggy playtime all the time! Dogs are only crated for mealtimes and time out. You can request that your dog is crated at night. One person watches over 15 to 20 dogs, so if there are more than 2o dogs in the area at a time there are more people to watch over them. They're open 24/7/365 and have 80 people on staff with vets. They're the only ones in the country that do this and it works very well. We were there for something called orientation. It was to see how I did with a bunch of dogs. It's a good thing I've been going to the dog park and to training classes. I would have cowered in a corner if I had seen all those dogs before. I was still a little overwhelmed, but I think I could eventually get used to it. I think we were just visiting, but I heard something about Mommy and Daddy going on a vacation, whatever that is. I guess I'll find out.

Bark at you later!

Pepsi kisses

See all diary entries for Pepsi - The Cola Kid