June 19th 2012 5:42 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Mommy signed her lease today and we will be working to move her into her new condo this week. It's a nice end-unit two bedroom with a deck and huge large common area back yard. We even have a basement too! Unfortunately, it's all hardwood floors, but Mommy is going with her mommy to clean the place, move some small items, and potentially purchase large rugs. Mommy will also need to purchase more baby gates for the new place.
Also, I had been ill since Mother's Day. I am better now though Mommy is still being cautious and I'm still taking medicine. It was an interesting awakening on Mother's Day for Mommy. I had diarrhea then vomited once then continued to have diarrhea. Mommy was supposed to go with Grandmom on a trip the day after Mother's Day, but the morning of their scheduled departure, my diarrhea was black. This is called melena which is evidence of digested blood meaning I was bleeding from my upper gastrointestinal tract. My gums looked a little pale to Mommy so she and her Mommy cancelled/delayed the trip so that I could go to the veterinarian. It's funny that Mommy is a veterinarian and has to take me to a veterinarian, but she doesn't work at a veterinary clinic or hospital and doesn't have the equipment or an entire pharmacy to dispense me medication. She took me to the original vet that she worked at. She loves everyone there! They took x-rays to make sure there wasn't any evidence of something obstructing my GI system, ran a little bloodwork to make sure I wasn't dehydrated and didn't lose too much blood, did a physical exam, and put me on special & exceptionally yummy canned food and medication. My black diarrhea stopped a couple days later and I seemed slightly less peppy but I was doing fine. Mommy and Grandmom took an abbreviated trip and visited Grand Haven and Holland while oldest auntie took care of me. I have been doing pretty good since then and have enjoyed eating wet food. Mommy started adding in my regular, dry food today and hope that I can be on my normal food in about a week if everything goes well.
On another note, Mommy's friend's doggy had a seizure on Sunday. This was the first seizure that anyone had witnessed and Mommy's friend's dog is the right age for them to show up if it is idiopathic epilepsy. He's four years old and if a dog has epilepsy, it's likely to start up with a dog is between ~1-5 years of age. Since his seizure was short and none have occurred since Sunday, Mommy's friend is just going to monitor his dog and keep track of any further seizures. If there are many seizures or if any seizures last longer than ~5 minutes, Mommy's friend's dog will have to get to the vet and get medication. We hope everything will be okay and that perhaps he may not have any further seizures. If he does need medications to help reduce and control the seizures, it will be okay too, but we hope it doesn't come to that.
Well, Mommy is excited to be moving into our new place so I better wrap this entry up. Hope everyone is staying cool if it's hot out there like it is in Michigan!
Leave a Comment