February 1st 2010 8:41 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]
So I was tagged by my friend Whitley and I'm supposed to list things I love.
1. I love my Daddy more than anything!!!! I love Mommy too, but Daddy is my man!!!! Besides, my angel sissy Tigger sent me here for Daddy to help him smile after she went to The Bridge.
2. I love to swim!!! I whine and whine and whine to get into the pool!
3. I love to dig! Daddy can't bear to stop me because I have sooooo much fun....oh yeah, I have him wrapped around my paw!
4. I love toys, period...but Mommy says I have "toy ADD" because I'll grab one, play for a little bit, then grab another.....and when there are 12-15 toys on the living room floor and down the hall she calls it the "Darby effect"....BOL! I 'specially love my honky chicken toy!!! Mommy says the honk is "obnoxious" but I don't care....I broke my Henrietta chicken so now my fave is my vampire chicken from Auntie Liz!
5. I love my Squilly On A Stick the absolute mostest of all my toys!!!! Mommy says it's the bestest toy to wear out a little Westie butt....bol! It looks like a squirrel toy on a fishing rod and it is just the most fun EVER!
6. I love treats! My favorites are Beggin' Strips, Pupperoni and the chewy treats from Merrick like the Twizzler....YUM-O!
7. I love my Auntie Brenda and Auntie Liz and Cousin Kay....they bring me pressies and love all over me like I'm the cutest, most adorable doggie in the world!
8. I love my Dogster friends!!
Ok - so I'm tagging
1. Duncan Tryon
2. Admiral Sparky Nelson
3. Meagan (Call Me Meagan)
5. my BFF Annabel
6. Benny Blanco from the Bronx
And anyone else can do it if they'd like to too!!
May 9th 2009 8:38 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
One year ago, my mommy and daddy drove from Ohio to Tennessee to pick me up from my foster mommy!
My three brothers, parents and I were for sale at one of those eeeeevil auctions in Missouri. The person who owned the puppy mill was going out of business so he was selling all his dogs. The wonderful people at Westie Rescue Tennessee bought us and a bunch of other Westies (and a couple Beagles) and brought us back to Tennessee. My bro's and I were only 4 1/2 weeks old!!!! EEK!
Then, once they got the dogs back to TN, they found out that puppies were coming and SOON! The 38 Westies they brought back soon became 46 and a week or so later they realized MORE puppies were coming!!! (even though the guy was getting out of the business he had bred some of the dogs) There weren't many foster homes that would take puppies, so my brothers and I were adopted out at 6 1/2 weeks of age.
Mommy got some flack from some people about how young I was, but she figured I was going to be taken from my mom at that age no matter what, so she'd bring me to a "Westie home"! It was funny because the rescue lady told Mommy all about soaking my puppy kibble till it was mushy and all that....and guess what....I wouldn't eat it! I wanted to be a grown-up girl and eat crunchy food! BOL!
It's a year later and I'm in a wonderful home with an older sister (Pooh Bear) and a big fenced yard to run in and 'rents I love love love love....especially Daddy! hehe!
So....please think about a rescue doggy when you're looking for a family member!!!!
Hugs & Westie kisses,