April 1st 2013 6:52 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Wishing all of my friends a very happy and blessed Easter.
I would like to thank Marley, Sailor, Moose,Hobo, Spencer and the rest of their family for the Easter greetings and the pretty, brightly colored Easter egg to decorate my page.
Also thank you to Amazing Gracie, Angels Sassy Foxie & Baby and to Precious for the lovely Easter baskets with purple glittery eggs and white lilies enclosed. I got one from each of them; how special is that?
Thank you all for making my page so very pretty and for sending your special wishes. Love you all. Java
April 24th 2012 11:20 am
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]
A Loan From God
God promised at the birth of time,
A special friend to give,
His time on earth is short, he said,
So love him while he lives.
It may be six or seven years,
Or twelve or then sixteen,
But will you, till I call him back,
Take care of him for me?
A wagging tail and cold wet nose,
And silken velvet ears,
A heart as big as all outdoors,
To love you through the years.
His puppy ways will gladden you,
And antics bring a smile,
As guardian or friend he will,
Be loyal all the while.
He'll bring his charms to grace your life,
And though his stay be brief,
When he's gone the memories,
Are solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But lessons only a dog can teach,
I want you each to learn.
Whatever love you give to him,
Returns in triple measure,
Follow his lead and gain a life,
Brim full of simple pleasure.
Enjoy each day as it comes,
Allow your heart to guide,
Be loyal and steadfast in love,
As the dog there by your side.
Now will you give him all your love,
Nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call,
To take him back again?
I fancy each of us would say,
"Dear Lord, thy will be done,
For all the joy this dog shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.
"We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.
"But shall the angels call for him,
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
And try to understand."
April 24th 2012 11:15 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
5. You have your work, your entertainments, and your friends. I only have you.
6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand and know your voice when speaking to me.
7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, even accidentally out of fear, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, stubborn, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting to old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on the difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death. Because remember that I love you unconditionally