April 6th 2008 8:52 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
My pal Gio tagged me! What fun!
The rules to this game are to put in four of the following and then tag four other pups! So here goes:
Name four jobs that you've had.
1. Feline personal trainer. It's my duty to make sure those three crazy cats that I live with get their exercise! I always play with them, even when they're not in the mood (which is most of the time)!
2. Cleaning enforcement officer. I must make sure that Mom cleans the house regularly. In order for her to clean, it must be dirty! So I routinely make messes for her to clean up... I de-stuff toys, and I make sure to go potty in my crate several times a week.
3. Mom entertainer. When Mom is here, it's my job to make sure she's having fun! Of course, the thing all pup parents love best is playing with their pups. So I always make sure to place a pile of my toys at her feet; that way, she'll eventually get the idea and toss a few of them to me! It's great fun for her, I'm sure!
4. Faithful, loyal companion. I accompany Mom on daily walks, I sleep next to her in the bed, I ride with her in the car, and I go with her wherever she wants.
Four places you have lived.
1. I am not sure where my life began... I assume I lived with my mom and litter-mates for the first several weeks of my life though!
2. My former family. Don't remember much about them.
3. The Statesboro Bulloch Animal Shelter. Yep, that's where my former family left me. So I don't really mind that I don't remember much about them, BOL.
4. At my furever home with Mom in Statesboro, GA!
Four places where you have been.
1. Pets 'N People. That's the first place I went after Mom adopted me. We went there for supplies and a free collar!
2. Gateway Animal Hospital. That's my vet! The cats, Mom, and I all love Gateway!
3. Willie McTell Trail. This is my favorite walk in Statesboro. It's a one mile path that connects the Georgia Southern campus with downtown Statesboro (East Main Street to be exact... because I know you were wondering, BOL).
4. Georgia Southern University. That's where Mom goes to school! She's a grad student studying Spanish, and we walk there a lot. It's dog-friendly, so we go for a lot of walks to Sweetheart Circle. It's a big grassy area where I can be off-leash and run and play.
Four places you'd rather be.
1. Gracie's house! Gracie is my best friend (but unfortunately she isn't on Dogster--we're working on that though). She's an adorable German Spitz. Her house is awesome and she has two human brothers (ages 6 and 7) who love to play with me!
2. Goin' for a ride in the car!! There's nothing better!
3. The dirt road near Gracie's house. I love everything about it except for the cows. It's fun to pretend I'm a country pup!
4. Anywhere other than my crate!
I'm tagging the following friends, and I hope they'll play too!
1. Chloe Chanel
April 5th 2008 4:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Got milk? I don't. And even if I did, I wouldn't drink it, not now that I know where it comes from.
There are things, monstrous things, horrific things... cows.
They are big. Gigantic. Enormous. At first, I thought they were the biggest dog breed I'd ever come across... until I heard the sound.
They make this horrendous, guttural sound. It's deafening. MOOOOOOOOOOO. I shudder just seeing the word, playing the sound over and over in my mind.
I have encountered these cow-monsters twice. The first time, I tried and tried to run away, but I couldn't because of that darned leash. The cows were MOOOOOOOOOing at me, and I interpreted their moos to mean, "Rafa, I am COW, and I am going to EAT YOU UP." I barked and barked and barked and growled and growled and growled, but my vocalizations were no match. The beasts probably couldn't even hear me. After I finally got away from the cows, I hoped never to see them again.
But yesterday, I had another unnatural cow encounter. This time, I didn't try to run away, but I did do my best to scare them away by barking and growling. But I guess monsters so massive aren't easily spooked by a little dog like me.
I have evaded death twice; I am sure the cows aimed to kill me. I somehow left with my life both times. The angels must be watching over me.
Next time, though, I may not be so lucky. So I have a plan. I think cows may be similar to those T-Rex dinosaurs (they certainly are just as scary). So the next time I see cows, I will try to be as quiet and motionless as possible in hopes that they don't see me. That sounds like a great idea to me; what do you think?
March 30th 2008 9:18 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Guess I better start writing in this thing. First things first, I'm Rafa, formerly General. My official name is General Rafael, but everybody calls me Rafa so that's my name, as far as I'm concerned. Oh, I sometimes go by my nickname Raffers. I've been livin' in my new home for almost 5 weeks. I've been on Dogster as long. I don't know why I didn't think to start my diary sooner!
So, what to say, what to say... umm... well, I really like my new family. There's Mom, then there are three cats. I like Mom better than I like the cats. They're kind of mean sometimes. In fact, today, one of 'em punched me in the nose. I also consider Mom's friend Leti and her family a part of my own family. She has a dog named Gracie. Gracie is my friend. I play with her all the time. Last weekend I got to stay at Gracie's house. I had such a great time!
Well, I love life. I'm a puppy. I have tons of energy. I go for lots of walks. Mom takes me for walks every day. We usually walk 3 to 5 miles each time we go. Mom takes lots of pictures. We take lots of breaks so she can take the photos. That's what most of my pictures on my Dogster page are of: me on walkies. I so enjoy them (the walks, not the photo shoots).
So, I guess that's it for my first entry. I hope to write more soon!
Woofs and wags,