Pet-Peeves: He does huff quite a bit, but I don't know of one thing that causes it.
Favorite Toy: He likes things that are blue, but anything will do.
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Walk: Around the neighborhood, so he can practice ignoring all the dogs barking at him.
Best Tricks: Not a trick, but he likes to dance around Nami taunting her with a chew stick.
Arrival Story: We were actually looking on line for a cream female for my daughter. My wife called the breeder to inquire about Haun's sister, but she was sold. My 21 y/o son saw Haun, then Frick's, picture and pushed to get him. We couldn't resist that face. Haun flew from Pennsylvania to Ontario, CA. a few days before Christmas. On Christmas day, the reality of having a new puppy in the house hit us. We were going to be gone for several hours and were worried about what would be best for Haun. We ended up putting him in our half bathroom with his crate, toys, water and newspaper on the floor. He was in there for about 7 hrs. and we were expecting a big mess. I think the poor little guy was about to explode, but he didn't go potty until I got him outside. We were totally amazed! I've had a lot of dogs over the last 50+ years, all different breeds. Even hearing about the Shiba traits, I think this is the best dog I've ever had. Don't tell my Basset Hound.
I was "tagged" by my buddy Winnie, who was tagged by Deshi … He said we have to list 7 things about ourselves and post them in our diaries and then tag 7 more pals to do the same.
The object of this game of tag is to learn some more things about your friends. You are supposed to list 7 things about yourself and post it in your diary. Then pick 7 friends to pass it on to and have them do the same thing.
This is my first diary, so I'll start with my 7 things about my favorite subject. Me!
1. I really like laying out on the front lawn. That way I can keep an eye out for any intruders.
2. My favorite sport is, lizard hunting. Unfortunately, this is seasonal. They only come out when it's warm.
3. Daddy thinks Nami and I are part Fruit Bat. Nami and I search the orchard for the dried peaches and plums that have fallen to the ground. When we find one, we like to bring it into the house and play," keep away". Who ever ends up with it gets to eat the dried fruit off the pit. Yummy.
4. Although it doesn't snow much here, I really enjoyed playing in it. When my youngest human sister tried to make a snowman, I would knock it down. I like taunting her.
5. I like my crate. It's my cave where I can curl up in the back when I want to be left alone. When it's time to go to bed, daddy will tell me and I go right in and go to sleep.
6. I like to play in the water and I like rain, but I'm not real crazy about being submerged in water. After a bath, if they try and rinse me off with the spray nozzle, they get the full extent of my Shiba Scream.
7. My all time favorite thing to do is the Shiba 500 with my Nami. When she is chasing me around the house, I grin from ear to ear. I love my Nami, she's the best.
Here are the 7 pups I'm going to tag. Some of them we haven't heard from for a while. I hope this brings them out.