"Happy Valentines Day"
Age: 9 Years Sex: Male Weight: 51-100 lbs
|Home:LaPorte, IN ||[I have a diary!] |
"This is my new Mama and me. I think I look like her.
Happy Mother's Day New Mama! I love you!"
"Me and my new Gramma. I have her to thank for saving my life. I love her already.
Happy New Gramma's Day! I love you lots Gramma!"
"Baby it's cold outside. Brrr!"
"Hey Dogster! Wus up?! My new name is Kozmo. Krazy Kozmo they call me."
"I love laying upsdie down. Mama says that means I trust her already."
"Papa and me. Papa won't admit that he loves me already."
"Mama posing with Boscoe and me."
"My brother Hobie and me with Gramma."
"Gramma and us three boys." [See My DogsterPlus Photo Book]
Leave a bone for Kozmo
Kozzie, Koz, Pinky, Pinks, Krazy, Kozmo Kramer, Whitey, New Dog, White Dog, Mr. Tuscedero
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
|-purebred||-pound dog||-dog rescue|
June 3rd 2005
Chocolate that he steals. He knows he shouldn't have it.
He definitely does not like getting his shots. Or being punished. Watch out!
Any of the toys his brothers just got for Christmas are fine.
Again unfortunately I think it's chocolate. I hope he realizes he doesn't get any of that.
So far he's only walked around the neighborhood. He's not very good on a leash yet. Needs work.
Kozmo is very smart. He already knows all of the basic commands including speak, hi-five & catch.
We just adopted Kozmo (formerly Comet) on January 3rd, 2008 from our local animal shelter. We found him on Petfinder. We were searching Petfinder for a while and I kept finding dogs that were out of state and many of the shelters won't adopt out of state. I was actually wanting to adopt an older Boxer since I recently lost my oldest Boxer boy Indy to a brain tumor. We went to visit Kozmo several times before actually adopting him. I was hoping to give him a home for the Holidays but unfortunately that didn't happen.
We don't know Kozmo's real story as to why or how he ended up in the shelter. We probably never will. All we know is that Kozmo now has a forever home to call his own. Through good and bad (right now there is quite a bit of bad) we will be there for him and never let him lose his family again.
The story we have from the shelter is that Kozmo was brought in as a stray. A man said Kozmo was hanging around his house in the summer and he would occasionally feed him. Then he was gone and he turned back up in December. Since it was so cold the man brought him to the shelter. Kozmo was in the shelter for over a month. Sadly it is a kill shelter. Apparently we were the only ones to even look at Kozmo. I really don't understand that. He is a very beautiful Boxer boy. We're glad to have him as part of our family.
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|January 22nd 2008
||More than 6 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 2915 days
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
March 27th 2008 10:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Boy oh boy have I been a bad boy! I sure do have some shenanigans to tell you all about now! Well, I've lived in my new home for almost three months now. And boy have I been a bad boy. I've been a very very bad boy! I just can't say that word enough...BAD BAD BAD. That's me! BAD! But, the good news is....that was the old me.....I am now new and improved.
Where should I begin....? I guess I should just run down the list of all the bad things I've done since I've lived at my new furever home. Let's see...
1. I jumped on the island in the kitchen and ate a box of chocolates. They were already opened and I'm not saying if I jump up with front paws or all paws. That's my little secret.
1b. Mama's solution: No more food on the island.
2. I jumped on the kitchen counter and ate another box of chocolates and a loaf of bread. Again not telling if it was a two or four paw job. My secret! It was around Christmas time that's why there was so much chocolate around. I realize I LOVE chocolate. Not a good thing I'm told. Got put outside for punishment....ripped the window screen.
2b. Mama's solution: Any food on the kitchen counters must be pushed all the way to the back if it must be left out.
3. Got into the trash and ate some old chocolate that got thrown away cuz I got into it. Also, threw all the trash all over the entire house. So much fun! Lots of goodies are found in the trash. Especially for a boy that used to live on the streets. Got put outside again for punishment....ripped another window screen....big rip! Uh-oh!
3b. Mama's solution: Put case of water on top of garbage can so Krazy Kozmo can't get into it. Water is very heavy for a 70lb boy. Papa's solution: Put deck furniture by deck stairs so I can't get to the windows to look in and rip them.
4. Knock water on the floor and get into trash again. Also, Mom thinks I can't reach things in the center of the island. Got another small box of chocolates way in the middle. Oh yeah, and I peed on the floor. You see when I have the thrill of being caught I pee with excitement. Really not my fault. Put outside for punishment...got past deck furniture...ripped first screen even more.
4b. Mama's solution: Put case of Mountain Dew on garbage can and remember to NEVER leave chocoate around the house and NO FOOD anywhere on the island any more! Mama is NOT happy. Tired of cleaning up guilty pee. And of course the one-time runny poo.
5. Knock Mountain Dew off garbage can and throw trash all over the floor. Do they really think they can stop me. I also got on the dining room table but I didn't think they noticed. Nothing up there I really wanted anyway.
5b. Mama's solution: Lock me in the bathroom when they're gone.
6. Spill my water in the bathroom and scratch up the door. Also open medicine cabinet.
6b. Papa's solution: Wrap a blanket around the door so I can't jump up on things.
7. Escape out of the bathrrom and eat a whole loaf of bread and get into the trash again. The bread was 12 grain so I think I got my fiber servings for the day.
7b. Mama's solution: Really running out of solutions. Shut all doors and put trash on the island. Never leave food out EVER again!
8. This was my worst event of all! I'm really not even proud of this moment now that I look back on it. I opened the oven and ate a small loaf of bread right off the pan without even pulling the pan out. Luckily the oven was off but in the process I turned on the stove. Well, at least the gas. When Papa came home the whole house was filled with gas. He said I could've killed myself and my brothers. And maybe even lost my furever home in the process.
8b. Papa's solution: He's really mad at me and acts like he doesn't even want me anymore. He thinks I should be locked up! Oh no!
9. Mama left the house. I realized she forget to pick up the garbage. I watched her leave and stop at the mailbox on her way. She waved to me. As soon as I knew she was gone...I got into the trash.
9b. Mama's solution: Well, she must've realized she left the trash down cuz she came back right away and caught me trash pawed! I'm in big trouble now!
10. Opened the oven again and found nothing! Didn't turn on the stove this time though. Figured out how to open the cupboards on the bottom. They have lots of food in there. Ate three packs of dry ramen noodles and a whole box of crackers. YUM!
10b. Mama and Papa's solution: Put rubberbands across the cupboard doors. Just until they can find a cage for Krazy Kozmo to stay in when they're gone! Mama really didn't want to do that at all. Oh well, she'll get over it. It's better than having me kill off the whole family with a fire or something. Krazy Kozmo!
So, that's my list of Bad Boy things. Now that I look back on my list....I really was a bit out of control. But what can you expect from a street boy like me. Afterall, nodog really knows my true story of how I lived before I found my furever home. It's my own little secret. I will let you in on another little secret of mine.....I actually like my cage (house). That really makes Mama feel better. She said she felt like a horrible Mother. She's never had to put any of my other brothers in cages. I'm the first. But I really do like it. They think I must've been kept in a cage before. All they have to do is tell me "Kozmo...go in your house." I go right in without hesitation. Plus, it makes it nice cuz then I get a treat when Mama leaves too. Yum! A free treat! I didn't even have to scavenge for it!
Alright Dogsters...I gotta run! Glad I got the chance to introduce you to my new and improved side. And don't worry....if you're a BAD BOY or GIRL yourself......there's always hope for you. You really don't have to be bad to be loved by your furever family. I'm lucky my family didn't give up on me. I think a lot of families would've sent me right back where I came from. Lucky me.......I'm home!
Keepin' It Krazy -- Kozmo
P.S. I also forgot to mention that I ran off when I was here for about 2 weeks. I didn't come when called either. Mama said I prolly didn't really even know who I was. It was snowing, dark and cold but I had things to explore. Mama walked all around the neighborhood with Boscoe looking for me, following my snow tracks and asking neighbors if they saw me. She had to call Gramma to come and help her search. Gramma drove around the neighborhood calling for me too. They finally found me dry and warm coming from the neighbor behind that has Boxers of course. I was in their garage. Mama has to always make sure to keep the garage door closed when I'm coming out. Maybe some day I can be loose. Not any time soon.....only fenced in yards for this boy.
February 3rd 2008 12:24 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I was following Mama around today and looking all cute and everything as usual. Mama asked me why I'm being so lovable and curious about her today. Then she realized it's officially been one month today since I was adopted. I think I might actually have a forever home. Isn't that wonderful?!
Mama ordered me a new name tag and it just came in the mail yesterday. So late last night she put it on me and now I am officially KOZMO! With my own phone numbers and everything! I got the same color tag as my Guardian Angel Indy. That should keep me safe for sure! What an honor for me to be the same color as "The Best Boy Ever"! At least that's what I've been hearin'. I have a lot to live up to.
I guess since my new home is official I should try to be a little nicer around here. I guess you could say I've been making Mama and Papa mad on a few occasions. Maybe even Gramma too. But hey, I'm still here aren't I?! I guess they couldn't be too mad about it. I'll have to let you in on my little shenanigans in the very near future. I think I might be working on that "good boy" thing for a while now.
Alright Doggies, I gotta run! I think there's some hands that look like they would like to rub my ears for a little while. Can't miss out on that! I'll Bark back!
Keepin' It Krazy -- Kozmo
January 22nd 2008 3:10 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Hello everyone and everydog too!
My name is Kozmo! I’m so happy to be here on Dogster. I’ve never had my own web page before. This is so exciting! I’m looking forward to sniffing each and every one of you.
I have a lot of new things happening to me all at once. Besides getting my very own web page I also recently got a new name ( I was named Comet at the shelter), home, family, doctor & even a new collar! You see, I was adopted! My new Mama saw me on Petfinder and wanted to adopt me. I sure am glad she did. Who knows what would’ve happened to me in there. She picked me up with my new Gramma too. I also have a new Papa and Grappa. And I now have two of the best big brothers a guy could ask for. I am such a lucky boy! Now I have a whole new family to call my own. I’m told I also have a Guardian Angel Indy watching over me too. I hear he is the best boy ever so I have nothing to worry about since he’s got my back. I think he really helped me out recently too. I seem to be getting myself in some trouble lately and it should’ve made me pretty sick but Guardian Angel Indy is watching over me so I made it out okay. I’ll have to tell you all about that later.
Well, I guess that’s about all for now. I hope to get the chance to tell you more about myself as time goes on. And I can’t wait to meet so many of you Dogsters out there. My brothers have been telling me all about you and how wonderful you all are out there in Dog World. Meanwhile, I’m gonna try to keep myself out of trouble. I don’t want my Angel getting worn out keeping his eye on me so much.
Sniff ya Later -- Kozmo
See all diary entries for Kozmo|