Likes: Eating, sniffing anything and everything (especially if he finds a snack!), wading and bodysurfing, and getting his daily massage.
Pet-Peeves: Miles is very sensitive about his weight and doesn't like being teased about it. He also doesn't enjoy being stepped on or having degenerative myelopathy.
Favorite Toy: His imagination.
Favorite Food: Ummmmm.....the edible kind.
Favorite Walk: The beach, around the 'hood, the woods, basically anywhere with good smells.
Best Tricks: Miles is a dog school dropout and only knows how to sit around looking cute.
Arrival Story: I took Bean and Zak out one morning and noticed a small ball of fluff sitting on the corner across the street so I went over to check it out. The fluffy thing barked as ferociously as an eight pound puppy could, but licked my face when I picked him up. I thought about putting up posters around the neighborhood to see if anyone had lost him, but all his whiskers had been cut off and I decided that he should go to a home that would treat him better than that. I wasn't going to keep him myself but Zak really wanted a puppy, so he stayed!
Bio: I call Miles a Flabrador Deceiver, as he is a bit overweight and pretty much refuses to play fetch. He loves to go camping; all I have to do is say "Wanna go camping?" and he has fits of joy. He loves the desert and the High Sierra, and has let it be known that he'd like to do some snow camping. **Miles went to the Rainbow Bridge on April 10, 2009, three weeks shy of 14th birthday. He developed Degenerative Myelopathy late in life and finally lost the use of his hind legs. I miss my baby boy, but know that he is whole again and his spirit will always be with me.
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS: Laziest Dog In the World; Junkyard Dog Emeritus; Grand Stinker; charter member, Furiends of Otto
SONG: Who's trippin' down the streets of the city, Sniffing at everybody he meets, Who's reaching out to snap a skateboarder, Everyone knows it's Booty, And Booty has mystic eyes, and Booty has fuzzy thighs, and Booty quite often cries when he's sat upon, When's he's sat upon, When he's sat upon...
LOVE OF MY LIFE: My dear sweet gal Sugar Danielle, the most beautiful lady in the world!
Alright Pal! You made it here. I see you caught my foot ball pass. Here is what you should do next! Hurry and pass the ball to 5 of your team mates so they can make a touch down! You are also supposed to write down 5 things about yourself that are funny. Also please leave me a bone and ask all those who visit your diary to leave you a bone so you will know they have been there! Ok…Here goes the play!
1. When I was a pup, I thought no one could see me if I was hiding behind a couple of blades of grass.
2. I got a paper bag stuck on my head once 'cause I was trying to see what was inside it.
3. On a hiking trip I got so tired that I sat down in front of a rock I couldn't climb over and cried.
4. When I get a bath, I make sure mom or pop gets as wet as I do.
5. The only thing that wakes me up other than being touched is the smell of meat.
Hi pups! My bestest buddy Otto and my dear friend Ellie tagged me and now I'm it. I get to choose 7 of my pals to tag.
Here are the rules:
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
Here are 7 fun facts about me!
1) Although I look like a Labrador Retriever, I refuse to fetch anything unless it's edible.
2) Otto, the dude who tagged me, is my hero.
3) I once caught an opossum and was so suprised that I dropped it!
4) I love to eat grass.
5) I like to sleep on my side on my bed with my head hanging off the edge.
6) The first time I met a horse, I kissed her on the nose.
7) While I love receiving affection (belly rubs are the best!) I don't like to give kisses, so if I kiss you, you should feel very priveledged.
Now it's my turn! I tag:
1) Sugar Danielle (she's my sweetheart!)
4) The Boston Girls: Lily, Maddy, & Raynee
Well, Christmas has come and gone and now it's New Year's Eve. I think I will spend today in quiet contemplation of the year gone by. Quiet until the fireworks start going off tonight, that is! Once that starts I'll be comforting my sisters, who hate loud noises.
It's been a good year although I seem to be getting slower and slower... I like to think of myself like a fine wine, though; I just improve with age.
Oh, and Christmas was great! I got Grunty Santa, a new red coat (just like my pal Otto's!), a stylish new collar, and some treats from Nini & Grandad (that's moms parents; I love them because they love dogs and always remember to get us presents!)