Picture of Scooter, a male Beagle

Photo Comments

Home:Between NE FL And Ft Meade MD  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 12 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 11-25 lbs

Photo Comments (3)

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Scooter

"Little Man"

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-purebred-service dog

February 14th 2004

snuggle time with mom


Favorite Toy:
depends on mood. Current small fish with rope tail

Favorite Food:

Favorite Walk:
Trail around local park

Best Tricks:
stands on hind legs like a merekat

Arrival Story:
A friend told Mom that she needed to go check me out. Turns out that Mom had my double Aunt, Lola. She bought me on the spot and took me home. Lola became my big sister. The people who had my parents ended up calling Mom eight months later. She took them in as well, then placed them into good homes.

I miss my APBT brother and sisters. When Mom and old daddy got divorced, Mom kept me and one of my sisters. She sent my sister back to old daddy when she didn't have time to take her to dog shows. She's promised we'll have another bully in the house soon. I've got a new daddy. He's the best. He's Active Duty in the USAF so at some point in the future we will be moving to a new place (most likely South Korea) and having new adventures.

Forums Motto:
Work hard; Play harder.

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Rescue refuses to return pet Sheltie "Piper"

My Title:
My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Earl Scooter the Sublunary of Melbury Bubblewick
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

I've Been On Dogster Since:
October 19th 2007 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Angel Now**

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

I am NOT a snack....Scooter's Adventures in South Korea

All I Can Say Is WOW....

July 5th 2011 2:58 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Mom has totally slacked off on my Diary on here, but she still keeps a handwritten journal of my adventures. Maybe this will get her to type them up and post them.

So, she opens her email this morning and there it is. Dog of the Day. Awesome! I wonder if that means I'll get some sort of treat later? Hummm.

I guess I really need to update everyone on the basics....

Still in South Korea. Don't know when we will be transferring home. It should have been in February. Then they said March (during the last week of Feb). Then it was moved to April, then June. Who knows.


P-p-p-poker face

March 31st 2010 6:05 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Tuesday, March30th

Since Dad has been on wacky schedules for at least the last 18 months, he hasn't been able to hit the weekly poker tournament at the Navy Club. Regulars can earn points or something towards the quarterly invitation only tournament that has a bigger payout than the weekly $200/150/75 gift cards plus top 9 getting a free buy-in for one of the weeklies. Mom thought Dad deserved and really needed poker night since he could have a couple of beers. She also joked that if he placed in the top 3, he could just give her the gift card since her birthday is coming up.

One of the guys that works with Dad was there as were several other acquaintances. Mom decided she'd play and worst case scenario, I'd lay in her lap. We had to pick up a card off of the finals table to tell us where to sit. We got lucky; Dad was across the table from us and the way the tables were set up, I could lay in front of Mom's feet (and if I stretched really far could touch Dad).

It was rather boring. As long as I stayed on my mat, Mom wasn't to concerned with me moving around a little or sitting up. She had to stand up to deal which made me sit up. At the break, we both made potty runs and Mom had Dad hold my leash while she fixed herself a hotdog. The other lady at our table made some comment about dogs begging for food. I dropped into a down on my mat. She couldn't believe that I wasn't overwhelmingly interested in Mom's food.

Mom finally went out in 14th or 15th place. It was after it was down to two tables. There was a bit of table balancing going on and things started to get noisy as the numbers dwindled towards the top 9 (who would make the final table) and there was a player at each table with extremely short stacks (like2-3 chips total); one of them happened to be Dad's friend. Mom grabbed my Mutt Muffs so I didn't have to listen to all the racket.

Mom didn't want to stand to see all of the action, so we moved a chair where we could sorta see and she could hear everything while she sipped a coke. As it drug on, we were both getting tired. She had me laying in her lap while she used the wireless hotspot connection on her I-pod Touch to browse Dogster and to post on my Facebook page. Suddenly, it was over; Dad's friend had finished in third place and Dad had finished in second.

It was after eleven when we got home. We were all tired. I was more than happy to grab Mr. Squirrel and climb into bed.


25 Months and some things never change...

March 29th 2010 6:03 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Sunday, March 28th

Well yesterday was a bummer. Dad got a phone call and was sorta on stand-by so we couldn't go to the zoo. We hung out at home and went for a walk around the complex.

The wind was whipping so it was feeling more like 30-something instead of nearly 50. Dad needed to drop off some uniform stuff to have patches changed. We cabbed to base. The driver was listening to some sort of Christian church service. Mom couldn't understand a word of it, but the tone and cadence was very obvious. I decided to look out the window until we got stopped at a red light that happened to be very noisy. There was someone singing into a cordless mic rigged to a megaphone on one corner and on the opposite there was someone with another mic (with amp) hawking items for the Cold Stone Creamery. I decided to bury my head in Mom's neck.

We were in the Four Seasons looking at grills when I alerted. Mom bought a drink and took some meds. So we did the errands and walked to Itaewon; I kept an eye on Mom. Mom decided to walk down a side street, found a purse store (I think she has a built in radar for them). It was part of a huge shopping area she hadn't seen before. There was a place selling all sorts of yoga pants and hoodie tops. Mom found a set in a moss green that was super soft. She said we'd have to go back before we leave.

We hit the Outback again. This time, they just had appetizers. The waiter messed up on writing Dad's drink order and brought some umbrella fruity looking thing to the table. He had ordered a Victoria Bitter (beer). Later, one of the wait staff asked if Dad was an Aussie. He said that they get quite a few come in and that is what they all order.

There was a different set of university students on the one corner. This time it was two guys. They wanted to interview Dad but he declined.

We generally don't walk down the long sloping hill since it is mainly restaurants and car dealerships. We've noticed that there are generally a lot of tour buses parked along that section. It seems that it is a mecca for Japanese tourists. They bus in, eat at one of the restaurants and then walk the strip. One of the places had some touristy stuff out front – spoons and spoon/chopstick sets. Seems the Japanese are intrigued by the metal chopsticks or something.

Not soo many dogs out. Did see a Doxie and a fluffy Pomeranian out on flexis. There was a HUGE black chow chained up at one of the Japanese restaurants. Mom said we won't be walking that way again unless it is on the other side of the street; the chain it was on looked flimsy.

So we walked in the front gate and through the building to have the 'rents' Ids scanned, then made our way towards our building via going by the playgrounds. Next thing we know here come two mps running. We dropped back so we were single file (so they could get past us) when the female yells, “Hey, Mam!” They stop about ten foot from us. “Pets aren't allowed.” Seems someone banged on their door to complain that there was a dog on the premises. Mom told her that I wasn't a pet (and had me turn sideways so they could see I was vested) and that the command has approved for me to live here.

You'd think that after 25 months here, people would take the time to read my vest or ask the pawrents about me. Nope, they have to talk behind or backs or run to the mps. If Mom had been thinking clearly (she was medded out) she would have followed them back to see who it was and make sure that they saw my vest.
Mom did put me in the tub; my feet were gray. She got really woozie while drying my feet. Dad ended up being the one to feed me. We all went to bed early.

See all diary entries for Scooter