December 25th 2008 9:17 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Christmas Eve, my second Christmas.....I got 2 new raw bones. They were so good, I chewed them most of the night and into Christmas Day. We also had a house full of people. Some were so scared of me, it made me sad. I was such a good boy, and tried to stay by mom and be quiet and not bouncy like normal. They were all impressed by how well I listened to mom, but they still were too scared! Go figure.....who could be scared of me? Well, my mommy's sister and BIL and nephew, all loved me. I got a doggy massage, which was sooooo nice. I had a great time with them.
So all in all, mommy said she was so proud of me for being sooo good. So my Christmas was pawesome! Now if only it would snow more, so that I could dig in the snow drifts and pounce through them. (Mommy doesn't want more snow.......something about wanting a hot beach instead!)
Till next time,
Hugs and slobbers
November 6th 2008 8:14 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
OK, so as per Dahlia, (my fellow squirrel exterminator) I am to bark 7 things about me......hmm, lets see.:
1. I love to play and bounce a lot. My brother Barkley gets so annoyed with me but I don't care, so long as he plays with me!
2. I have a love/hate relationship with the resident cat, who "thinks" he can outsmart me! Lets face it, I can get him anytime I want, I just let him get away so I can continue my pouncing and perfect my hunting skills.
3. I love to pounce mom out of bed. For some reason she doesn't like my slobbery muzzle in her face or me lying right across her tummy, pinning her down for a good ol' fashioned wake-up call.....something about me not being allowed on the bed, but its ME, how could she not want me bouncing on her bed? The cat does it all the time!
4. I am very cute and cuddly and I love to train with mom. I just taught her the trick of letting me go on the treadmill, it took a while, but she finaly caught on.
5. I love to chew things. Soft and squishy like the cat is OK, but I love trees, branches, logs, and of course, mega sized bones. I'm, supposed to only chew them outside, but if you hide them in your muzzle and puff it out a bit, they will never see you sneak it into the house. If you get caught, just drool lots, and no one...and I mean no-one, will make you give it up!
6. Now, I deny this, but I am told that I "stomp" a lot through the house. My mom keeps my nails real short, so you never hear the "click" of nails across the hardwood floors, but instead you hear me stomping. Mom says I sound like an elephant. I also like to use my paws as bats to swipe at the cat!
7. Last of all, and my favorite of all, is camping and walks. I love camping 'cause it means I can go swimming, and I just love to swim and splash in the lake. Walking or hiking with my pawrents is right up there as stuff I love to do. Mom says I can be off leash, cause I come to her when she calls me. She does keep a look-out though to make sure no dogs are in the area, as I get aggressive with dogs I don't know. Shucks, gotta wait till May to go again...........
February 25th 2008 2:10 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
So its just another 3 weeks before I get to start school. Mom says I will get to meet lots of other dogs. This school for pups like me will go for 10 weeks for an hour each week. Apparently I get to "refine" my obedience...as if!!!!! I already know stuff, its just that mom wants me to do all the stuff when she tells me to, but I have my own ideas on that. Wekll, anyway it shouold be fun. I wonder what doggies I'll get to meet? I hope some are big like me, cause it's hard to play with the small ones. I get a bit rambunctious and could hurt them. I now weigh over 100 pounds, so mom worries I could accidentaly squish someone. But 'come on' what doggy would do that, I mean really? She just worries about the silliest things.
Anyway, mom is on a crazy school kick. I start these obedience classes in three weeks, and then while I'm doing those, she signed me up for "Clicker" training classes starting in about 7 weeks. I think that all this school stuff for me is getting to her! On the good side.......lots of treats for me!!!!!!!
I should also tell you all, that mom thinks that the cat and I hate each other, but boy did we show her. Barkley (My "OLD" brother is not so much fun anymore as he just wants to sleep the day away). Eeyore the cat has other ideas. I think he's more fun to tease and bug. Yes he scratches my face, but he has never hurt me yet.....I don't hurt him either, though the way he meows, you'd think I'm killing him! Anyway, the other day, the two of us were playing and then Eeyore got a great idea. We went into mom's bathroom....the bad room with the tub (Yuk!), and mom has this here crochet dollie on the back of the toilet. It holds toilet paper. Well, Eeyore didn't want the dollie to chew, he said I could have it, just as long as I got the thing down for him, without letting it fall in the toilet. He just wanted to shred the toilet paper underneath. So we guys worked together till we got it down. True to his word, Eeyore let me have a new chew toy.........Mom was not impressed and took it all away. I still can't figure out how she knew...I mean we was soooooo quiet!