Nicknames: 'Lil Mae Mae, Sophie Mae Mae, Mom's Sweet 'Lil Baby, My Good Momma
Birthday: July 31st 2002
Likes: Sophie likes to get any scraps of food--even though she rarely gets any--being a good mother to her litters, playing with her babies.
Pet-Peeves: "When I am around, I am the QUEEN here, do not bother me with questions.
Favorite Toy: She used to like to chew on just about anything she could find. She likes to run after a ball.
Favorite Food: Protein food. some table scraps, soup mixed with her food, bread, and cheese.
Favorite Walk: When she walks out the door, she checks things out, then she takes off in a direction at a slow trot. All the others follow.
Best Tricks: Sophie was never taught any tricks, she can sit, let you know when she wants to go out, but otherwise she just goes with the flow.
Arrival Story: Sophie is LB's mate. She is a year older than LB, but she holds her own in the pack. She is a wonderful, loving mother to her children. A wonderful and loving friend, with whom I can confide. She is the calmest pet I have ever had. Just a little laid back, she seems to be in no hurry. Very protective over her pups and also giving them soft bites of reprimand when necessary. She is the gentle soul, whereas, LB has a fire in him. Alert, caring, loving, plays with her pups, grooms them. She is all-in-one. She was my baby for awhile before I got LB. She also understands what I say to her. She was a present to myself. I bought her before I bought LB. She and I have a connection; a deep abiding understanding, love one for the other. I consider her to be an "old" soul. She never gets in a hurry. When she decides she wants to explore, she has all her family right behind her. She is their leader, the Omega, or at least that is how I see it. Her adoring LB is the perfect gentleman to her, he appreciates her space. He would follow her to the ends of the earth. I have been blessed two times in my life with the extreme joy of knowing this breed.
Bio: My good friend, I sheltered you in my arms while you were such a small baby. You knew you were safe and warm in your mom's arms. You have brought peace into my life and I always thought I was peaceful before. I have learned alot from you, my mentor. We can look each other in the eye and know if something is wrong. You do not speak to me, but I hear you in my mind. You helped me to see that there is still love out there, it may not come from human arms, but it certainly comes from your most beloved pet. Your faithfulness to me reminds me of previous pets that I once upon a time shared my life with. Yes, we are ALL different. Each pet you hold in your arms will leave you with memories--pawprints--in your heart. You are never alone, they are all still with you. Just in a different way. Sophie has shown me that you can love again, even after you have sworn never to get another animal. I am honored to live my life with her as well.
Awesome wrote me a p-mail and said he didn't play tag anymore, but he did write 10 things about himself and p-mailed it to me, he is such a cutie pie!!!!
Wow you have had three litters! I dont play tag anymore but Iwill tell you 10 things about myself.
1)I am a 10 month old yorkshire terrier
2)My full name is Awesome shadowboy,I was named by by human brother Justin because he thought I was Awesome and mommy said I was a shadow that followed her around all day and night.
3)My humans bought me after months of trying to adopt at shelters and being turned down because we rent our home and our children are young.
4)I am an extremly smart puppy and know lots of tricks.
5)I have to take yucky medicine because I have a sick tummy ,I am not supposed to eat human food anymore .The vet thinks it may be colitis or allergies.
6)I used to be all red and black but now I am mostly black and blonde with blueish white coming through .
7)I would love to get this one squirrel that sits outside my house and teases me to chase him.
8) My mommy homeschools the children this year so I get to play with them in between lessons
9)I am 11 lbs which is pretty big for a 10 month old yorkie but the vet says I am all muscle!
10) I am learning to play and catch frisbee really well.
Here are the rules of this dogster game of "tag" in case you've never gotten a chance to play. When you are tagged, you post 7 random facts about yourself, compose a "new DIARY entry" along with the rules and put them in your own DIARY. Then you pick 7 furs (kitties or doggies) to tag but make sure you tell them... a simple p-mail will do fine, or a rosette to tell them, but you must let them know that they have been tagged. Post their names also in your DIARY.
AND SO I BEGIN:
1. I am the mate of LB (Lover Boy) even if I am a little older than he is. He has sired a few litters of puppies with me in the last four years. I have had three litters with blue min pins, harlequins, and black and tans. It has to be in both of our genes for the pups to continue these lines. My mom is planning on getting DNA tests run on me and LB in the near future. She will get papers on us, and we shall have papers for our future litters.
2. I will wait about a year before I have any more puppies, for my mom does not like for me to have litter after litter. She wants me to rest and be ready to once again produce blues, harlequins, and black and tans. I am laid back and it would suit me just fine to wait, although I am at my best when I have young pups to tend to.
3. When my mom first brought me home, I had already bonded well with her the day I came home with her. She got me from a breeder who worked with her, and that breeder brought me to work with her and my mom was allowed to hold me while she did her job. My mom never had to raise her voice to me, and I never got into trouble like most min pins are apt to do. My easy-going manner so impressed my mom that when my mate was born, she immediately told the breeder that she wanted a male for my mate. Eight months later, mom got LB from the breeder.
4. I have never been mischievious or curious. I am what my mom calls "an old soul", happy to just be in a loving furever home. I used to sleep in my mom's arms when I was just a small little girl and totally trusted my mom with my life. I traveled with her back and forth from Huntsville, Alabama, which is about 75 miles from here. I never tried to look around outside the windows, just being in the same vicinity with my mom was good enough for me.
5. I am patient and kind, a loving mother, but a disciplined one. I teach my pups to obey and follow the example I set for them. I just seem to know what my mom expects me to do in respect to raising my pups. I want to please my mom and make her proud not only of me, but of the pups I bring into this world. Mom usually has the same circle of friends that swoop down upon my pups as soon as they are ready to go to their new loving homes. They know that my pups will not be high-strung; but human oriented, and most of the time we are trained to potty in certain places outside, or if it is raining, we are allowed to go potty in the huge cat litter box my mom has for us all.
6. One of my mom's best friends helped her to name me, and now that friend has Leukemia and other horrible health problems. Just recently, this friend called my mom and asked her if she would take LB's brother, Peanut, and give him a good home. Mom did not hesitate to do this, because she knows that her friend will not live much longer and she wants her friend to know that Peanut will have a loving home for the rest of his life. My mom does not want her friend to worry that her beloved Peanut will not have a home after she is gone. If this is all my mom can do for her friend, she will gladly do it. Peanut came home with mom last Tuesday night, from Huntsville, and within 15 minutes, he was welcomed into the clan.
7. Earlier this year, my mom and I lost Scrappie Dew to a stranger. I looked for my son and when mom would call out for him, I would whimper and take off in search of him. But I never could find him. I know my mom is sad over his loss because I could see the special bond they formed with each other just days after he was born. I allowed her to help him nurse, because all his brofurs and sisfurs were so much bigger than he was. My mom is a softie when it comes to runts. Always has been. Out of each of my litters, she never failed to become attached to the runts. She would tell me (and them) that she was not going to let them go. It never failed that the very first puppy from my litter that was taken would be the runt. Mom finally drew the line with Scrappie. She would not sell him to anyone for any price they offered. If you ask me, she spoiled him to no end. But being his mother, I could tell he meant the world to her. He was very intelligent and they could communicate with each other with just a look. I know how deeply she hurts for him, but there is nothing I can do except give her extra kisses and lick away her tears when she starts missing him. I know a piece of her heart still calls out for him, for I sense it. I doubt she will ever give up hope that somehow, someway, he will return to her.
Okay, now for the seven pups I am going to tag:
1. Jack, ID #194016
2. Cashew, ID #232735
3. Awesome, ID #530080
4. Molly, ID#539281
5. Sweetheart, ID #456075 (my soon to be daughter-in-law, God willing)
6. Levi, ID #565145
7. Chester, ID#471548
P-Mails are on the way to alert these pups that they have been tagged. Sorry pups, but there is always something you can tell about yourself to help other pups get to know you better. Yes, it takes time, but it is time well spent.