May 8th 2010 9:46 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]
I am so honored to be picked by Dogster as Dog of the Day!!!! I am my mom's little ray of sunshine and I have warmed her heart in so many ways. On this day before Mother's Day, I would like to wish my mom a most wonderful day tomorrow, filled with all the love of the Min Pin gang. My mom is so blessed to have each of us in her life and we all love her so very much!!!!
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away!!"
With all my LOVE,
October 21st 2007 1:06 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Here are the rules of this dogster game of "tag" in case you've never gotten a chance to play. When you are tagged, you post 7 random facts about yourself, compose a "new DIARY entry" along with the rules and put them in your own DIARY. Then you pick 7 furs (kitties or doggies) to tag but make sure you tell them... a simple p-mail will do fine, or a rosette to tell them, but you must let them know that they have been tagged. Post their names also in your DIARY.
AND SO I BEGIN:
1. I am Sophie Mae's mate, her Lover Boy. I am king of my domain. I am slightly hyper, but not as bad as some min pins I have seen in my days here on earth. I will allow my mate to eat first, then I will allow my Harlequin daughter, Kewpie Doll, to eat just a little bit--then the rest is mine!!!! No need to come back for seconds. You either eat while you have the chance, or it is just your bad luck.
2. I love to run and play with my pups and occasionally will play with other dogs in the neighborhood, but that is not very often. I like to have them chase me all around the yard. So far, no one can catch me...not even my darling Sophie. It gives me a sense of being free and wild!!!! I sometimes will stop all of a sudden and spin around and take off in the other direction. Looking back over my shoulder and smiling that I have outwitted those who dare to chase me. We like to call it "Tag, You're It!!!!"
3. When I was a young pup, I was the chewer. I made up for Sophie not being a chewer. I chewed everything my mouth would fit on. Chair legs, boxes, toss pillows, shoes, socks, and every now and then--the blinds. How dare my mom leave me and my mate all alone for the biggest part of the day!!!! Work, hmpf, how dare she leave us to our own devices. Don't even think about put-ting me in a crate...howl is not the word for it. I would be all howled out, and mom could tell I was hoarse, so she had to take me to task in regard to my separation anxiety. It took me longer to understand that mom WAS going to come back home, but I still didn't like it. Some days I would be good, but then I had my bad days as well. And to top it all off, Sophie would just lay there, all stretched out, and watch me do my damage!!!!
4. I love to ride in the car, sitting beside my mate. I don't have to see where I am going either. Just as long as we get there safe and sound, that's all that matters to me. One time mom put on the brakes really hard, and I wasn't ready...you should have seen the look I gave her when I dug my nose out of the dashboard!!!! She does a good job reaching over to make sure that we are secure in the seat beside her, SOMETIMES. Other than that, we have to hold on or end up on the floor or smashed into the dashboard (don't tell her I said that, she might not take me riding anymore). BOL
5. My mom and I have our own way of conversing. She will call my name and I will answer her and mostly I just jumble some sounds out, and she will smile at me and I wonder, does she really know what I am trying to tell her? I have to be persistent sometimes. I keep repeating myself and running to the door and mom will say, "Just a minute, LB!" Well, that's when I have to become more vocal with her. Finally, she will stop what she is doing and let me outside. I really need to work on my patience. I am patient with my pups, but when I am ready to go outside, I am ready to go!!!!
6. I also like to smile at my mom when she asks me to. She will tell someone who comes over that I can smile, and they will be looking at me waiting to see it, but I will not smile for her. Doesn't she know that I only give my smiles to her, not to virtual strangers? I wag my whole back end when she talks to me. Of course my little nub of a tail is wagging, but my whole rear end is moving as well. Mom gives me sheer joy when she talks baby talk to me. She has this song she always sings to me, "Momma's little baby loves shortnin', shortnin', momma's little baby loves shortnin' bread." Boy, I really smile when she sings that to me. She has done that ever since I was a wee little baby. And she will sing it to me the day I leave her to go to Rainbow Bridge. She has always sung that song to her beloved babies when they were crossing over the bridge. She wants us to know that she is there with us, and I couldn't tell you how many times a day she sings it to us now.
7. I love to sleep with my mom. I snuggle under the covers with her and usually start snoring and wake her up. I can't help it!!!! The bed is just so comfortable and it is nice and warm and I can smell my mom's special smell that I could distinguish blindfolded. She wears a musk cologne, and has for years, the sheets smell like it, her skin smells like it. It is comforting to me. I really like that smell. Some mornings she will get up out of bed and I am just lazing there in the bed, not wanting to get up from my nice, comfortable spot. But, here she will come and it is time to get up out of the bed. If she left me alone, I probably would lay there all day!!!!
I am one lucky guy, and believe me, I am not ashamed to say it. I know my mom loves me just as much as I love her.
Okay, I have tagged the following pups:
1. Ronin, ID #98965
2. Ryder, ID #84129
3. Beckham, ID #86888
4. Athena, ID #77814
5. Papagana, ID #38311
6. Lucian, ID #52823
7. Princess Selene, ID #52879
October 18th 2007 2:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
This is a fun game to get better acquainted with your Dogster friends.
Here's how we play: Each player starts with 7 random facts. Then choose 7 pups to tag and list their names. Then let them know by pmail or a rosette that they have been Tagged and to read your diary for instructions on how to play.
And here we go:
1. I am the Alpha of my family. I will not abide any fighting among my pups. I love to run and play with them, groom them, and discipline them.
2. I talk to my human mom and wag my whole back end when she comes out to feed me. I have to be petted by her, and if I don't get a kiss, I will do a funny kind of growl so that she knows she forgot my kiss.
3. I have a mate, her name is Sophie Mae. She is the love of my life. I will grow old with her by my side. I will not breed with another female, for I am a man of virtue.
4. My mom got me from the same breeder as my mate, Sophie Mae. Sophie is older than me, but that does not matter to either one of us. We have different fathers and mothers, of course there is no inbreeding in our line.
5. I have sired several litters of pups with Sophie Mae, and have had success and good health out of all the litters. We have not lost any pups because of health problems, but some of the humans mom sold our pups to have been neglectful and let mom down by allowing accidents to happen and my sweet pups have lost their lives. Mom keeps in contact with each person who buys one of our pups, and will not sell another pup to the same person who was neglectful and allowed my pup to die unnecessarily.
6. I am house-trained, but I do like to mark my territory, so when mom is not looking I hike my leg on a few things in the house. If she catches me with my leg hiked, she will look at me sternly. I do not proceed to mark the object I have hiked my leg on. Oh no...I would not want to disappoint my mom. But let her turn her attention away, and well, a boy will be a boy...BOL!!!!
7. I am a Lover, I want to give and receive Love. I have lots of love to give, the well is never dry. I may bark at you for a little bit, but then when I know my mom is not in danger, I go about my business. My mom loves me and I know it. She has enough love to go around. She is like my beloved Sophie Mae, who is laid back and completely unselfish. I am truly blessed and my mom feels that she, too, is truly blessed to have each of us in her life.
There, now, let me see who I am going to tag now...
1. Tia, #626686--such a sweet little thing, can't help but love her and hope she gets that splint off soon!!!!
2. Oscar, #594895--now this is one cute pup for sure. I can tell his mom and dad love him dearly.
3. Sherman, #500018--just something about Sherman that makes me happy. I haven't put my paw on it yet, but I will eventually.
4. Madde, #638395--she was expecting a litter of pups and I have a good feeling that her mom will make sure the pups will have good loving furever homes to go to.
5. Ginger, #622930--ahhh, sweet little Ginger, such a cute little thing. She has been having a few health problems, but it seems she is getting better with each passing day.
6. Athena, #205460--a pup after my own heart, I love to play with socks myself, especially when I was young. Mom had to keep her socks hidden from me or they were history....BOL
7. Roxy, #580337--now here we have a pup who did not give up when she lost her leg. She runs faster and is a much better watchdog than the others in her household. To me, she is a brave warrior and it has been an honor to know her.