Age: 6 Years Sex: Female
Photo Comments (1)
Leave a bone for Molly
Dogster stats for Molly
4 times 55
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
June 5th 2007
Play and eat
Getting too warm
She sleeps best when she has her tiger "baby"- but her favorite toy is whatever Sam has
Her wet dog food
She's really proud that she can shake. But she can ring a bell when she wants outside. Oh and chasing the cats....
I had been wanting another dog in my life. I wanted a rescue- so I started looking around at the shelters and petfinder.com. After looking at many different types I kept going going back to Golden Retrievers. So I had been looking on petfinder.com for goldies- I started filling out applications- talking to people and getting no where. Meanwhile we got Sam. After he was with us for a while, I was finally felt that I was ready to commit myself to a new life with my own dog. But again I was getting nowhere with the rescues (even after like 3 months +). So I figured I have my rescue (Sam) so I should find a Goldie that was breed properly. So I started looking in the papers, I found "breeder" who had pups for sale, we went and checked them out. They just had to goldies and put them together to make money... granted they were just pups but they were covered in horse poop and such- which all in all doesn't matter- it's the personality and if you connect with the pup....I did not have a connection with any of the pups, not like Maggie or Sam- so we moved on. Couple weeks later, I was looking at my home town's newspaper online- and found "Shiloh Farms" had an add for pups for sale, they even had a website. After checking it out, I called them, they were an older couple who took the breeding to heart. Their dogs were registered for health. They were beautifully dogs- within a day I was down state (about 7hrs away). This time I took Seth (again), my mom and grandma. Right away there was a connection with me and a little rugrat. And again, before I new it I was was signing papers and getting as much info as I can about her parents and history and I was getting Papers and some puppy food. Just like Maggie, I had a couple names picked out and was fumbling through them. Turned out my friend and my mom both said I should call her Molly (and neither one new the other one said it)- So Molly stuck and we drove away into a new life together. Oh yeah- she was born into a cool room, and the guy was so conscious about not letting the pups over heat in the hot summer..... so now she has a hard time sleeping when its hot out- she justa fusses until we get it cool enough for her. Lets just say- I have to wear a sweater in the car. :-)
I call her Pumpkin sometimes....because she loved to sit in my little pumpkin patch....but then she destroyed it.
The Groups I'm In:
Active Goldens, Febreze® Pet Odor Eliminator™, Golden Puppies, Golden Retriever and Labrador Retriever Lovers, Goldens For Life, Goldens Of Michigan, Greatest Golden's, Service Dogs Group, Yooper Doggies
The Last Forum I Posted In:
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|September 18th 2007
||More than 6 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
November 5th 2007 6:11 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I've been tagged! This is a fun game to get better acquainted with your Dogster friends. Here’s how we play: Each player starts with 7 random facts about themselves. Dogs who are Tagged need to post in their Diary the rules and their 7 random facts. Then choose 7 pups to tag and list their names. Then let them know by pmail or a rosette that they have been Tagged and to read your Diary for instructions on how to play.
Ok here are my 7 random facts:
1. When mommy and daddy aren’t looking, Sam and I love to get into things that we aren't suppose to.
2. When treats are involved - I am There! I sometimes try to take them away from Sam when he seems not to be interested... I'm told I can get a little pushy though.
3. I share my mom with Sam a chow mix, the 3 cats: Hoosier, Eve and Shelby and then tons of other animals like rabbits, birds, Degus (Sam and I love to watch these guys), a guinea pig, and then a lot of snakes, lizards and turtles. I guess daddy and mommy love all creatures great and small.
4. I love going "bye-bye". I won’t let mommy or daddy leave the house without putting up a "fight". When that door opens to go into the foyer at the front door, I am right there and then plop myself down in front of the front door. I always give them a sad look to make them feel guilty, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I think Sam would like to go a lot more, but he gets car sick- I think mommy and daddy are trying to work on that.
5. I'm mommy's 2nd Goldie. She lost her 1st Goldie, Maggie, this winter on St. Valentine's Day. I guess Maggie was born on 4th of July and left her on February 14, after 11.5 years. Now see, I was born on June 5th, a month earlier and a day later then her- weird huh? But I know mommy loves me and accepts me for who I am.
6. When I was born and the weeks following my birth, our guardians made sure we were kept cool in the summer heat, so now I think I'm a little spoiled. If it gets too warm, I fuss - big time, I moan, toss and turn until I find a cool spot, usually mommy has to fans me, puts a fan on me, turn the AC on, or opens a window... Mommy says she can't wait till snow comes - I guess she wants to see how I react to it. There was one night this summer that everything went off, the lights, the clock, the AC downstairs and most importantly the fan in the bedroom, I was miserable. Mommy finally went downstairs and got an ice pack out of the freezer and had me lay on it and then fanned me. I finally went back to sleep, that was a hot night without a fan.
7. When I was with 1st guardians- I think I was their favorite- they told my mommy and daddy that I was the smartest of the litter, that I was their favorite. Now I've been going to school for a couple months now. My teacher tells me I'm her top doggie in the class, and always uses me for demonstrations. I've graduated puppy school and just started obedience and agility class, there were a lot more pups in that class then the puppy class, but my teacher still picked me out of the crowd to use. I definitely love the extra attention!
Who I tagged:
Frisco Simba Avery
See all diary entries for Molly|