Close X


Scooter's life

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing Diary Entry 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

I was tagged

June 20th 2009 10:38 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

I have to write about what kind of ice cream I am or look like like. So I guess I would be Low Fat Vanilla because I don't have an extra ounce on by body. Now I have to tag 5 friends. I will tag

Ernie George


The Puppy

June 8th 2009 4:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Mom took the puppy to he Vet this morning to have him checked out. Everybody there just fell in love with him.

The Vet says that he is between 6 and 8 weeks old. He is suprisingly healthy and weighs a little over two pounds. They all think that he is some kind of poodle mix.

He got his first Distemper shot and was wormed. He does have round worms. Or at least he did. Mom thinks that they are all gone now. He has an interceptor tablet to take and the Vet said to give him that Friday and that should clear up any left over worms.

He has a great appetite and lots of energy and is learning how to go outside to use the bathroom really quick.

He loves to go outside and play in the grass and run back and forth and Jessie and I chase him.

Arthur is gentle with him but Lucy doesn't really care for him.

He goes back in three weeks for his next set of shots unless somebody claims him.


Found puppy

June 6th 2009 2:27 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

OMD!!!! When Mom went out this morning to run errands she never figured to bring home another mouth to feed.

She was on her way home and thought she saw a crow on the side of the road but as she got closer she realized that it was a puppy. She immediately turned around and went back and there sat a little puppy on the side of the road just outside of the woods.

She picked him up and put him in the car and went back to see if there were anymore puppies in the area or maybe a mother dog but she didn't see either so she brought the pup home.

She was so upset. She just can't figure out where the little guy came from. She thinks that maybe sombody put him out or a stray had puppies in the woods and this one wondered away from his Mom and couldn't find his way back.

She will take him to the Vet first thing Monday morning and have him checked out to be sure that he is healthy. He is eating and drinking and his nose and eyes are clean and not runny. He does have a big tummy so she's sure he has worms. So until after his Dogtor appointment we will have limited contact with him just in case.

Well have to check on the little guy and make sure he is getting enough rest and plenty to eat and drink.



April 24th 2009 6:40 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

I went back to see the Vet today and he just couldn't believe how well I was moving around on my leg. Mom talked to him yesterday and he said not to let me just go and run around by myself until I could see him for a check up.

I was so excited when Mom put my leash on and said "Let's go for a ride". I was out the door like a shot. So off we went for the long drive to the Vet.

When we got there I was just about ready to jump out the window I was so happy to be there. Go figure I normally don't like going to the Vet but I couldn't wait to get in the door. I was pulling on my leash and trying to drag Mom so she would hurry up.

The nice Tech that Mom really trust took me back to the examination room while she talked to the receptionist because she had to pick up some things that had been ordered for her. When the Vet came out he said "Are you sure she just had surgery last week? Her incision is already healed and she is using her leg with 80% of her weight on it"
He was amazed.

The best news of all is that I can now go off the leash as long as I am supervised and listen to Mom when she tells me to slow down or stop.
The bad news is NO Ball chasing for a couple of more weeks. But I can live with that. I'm so happy if I had a tail rather than a stump I'd chase it.

Just one last thing. Thanks so much to all my wonderful Dogster pals who have been so generous and so encouraging.

Dogster pals are the best!!!


On the Mend

April 22nd 2009 2:08 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yipppeeee! I am using my leg more today and trying to get Mom to let me out to run but she keeps telling me "No! You can't go out unsupervised just yet". What is she talking about???? I feel just fine. I'm even trying to jump up on the sofa and she won't let me do that either! She say's "No!" Come here and I'll pick you up."

She keeps telling me that in a few days you can go out by yourself. Well it's been a few days why can't I go out by myself yet? What is wrong with her?

At least I"m getting a whole lot of extra attention and a few extra Milk Bones everyday. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. I'm starting to think I should just keep limping so that I can get extra attention and extra treats. I wonder if I can do both? Go out by myself and still get extra attention. Who knows maybe I'll give it a shot.


Healing in Progress

April 20th 2009 2:57 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I am feeling a little better today.

I was not happy being confined all day but Mom apologized for doing it and said I wouldn't have to be that way much longer. I was so happy to see her when she came home from work that I forgot that I had just had surgery and was putting some weight on my leg. I quickly remembered and started to limp again. Mom said "Too Late, I saw that" but she carried me down the steps to go outside anyway.

I guess she still feels bad for me because she gave me a stuffed toy and I had him torn apart in no time flat. Boy was that fun. I took all my frustrations out on him and it was wonderful.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will be feeling a lot better. But in the mean time I am going to milk this for all it's worth!


On the Mend (Hopefully)

April 19th 2009 10:40 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom says I seem to be feeling a little better today. I'm not sighing or crying as much as I was.

We actually got a full nights sleep last night. At least I did. Mom keep waking up to check on me. I sleep with her in the bed last night and she slept with her hand through my harness so if I moved she would wake up. I started out under the covers but it was a little too warm for that so I ended up on top of the covers stretched out. Mom even made the cats stay off the bed because she was afraid one of them would walk on me.( If you live with a cat you know how they can be.)

Mom had to run out to the grocery store so she set up a nice, new,big dog bed for me in the bathroom so I wouldn't be jumping up or down from the furniture while she was gone. I did not like staying in the bathroom. By the time Mom got home I was howling to be let out. Mom says I might as well get used to it as that is where I will be for at least the next week while she is at work.

Right now I am on the sofa on top of a nice fluffy blanket taking my sixth nap of the day. I'll wake up soon so that I can eat dinner and then a short walk around the front yard and then it's back to the sofa and back to sleep.


Surgery is a success

April 16th 2009 3:40 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]


Well I came through my surgery just fine. Mom was there the whole time. She said that it was a pretty amazing thing to watch.
She left before I was fully awake because she didn't want me to think that I was going home today.

Friday night and Saturday morning:

I came home last night. Boy was I happy to see my Mom! The Vet said not to be surprised if I start putting weight on my leg sooner than expected because I am such a small dog. But he doesn't know me very well. I am going to milk this for all it's worth. I haven't left Mom's side since we got home. Right now I am allowing her to type this for me but when she is finished I expect her to come right back to the sofa and sit down beside me and not move unless I let her.
We didn't sleep very much last night I whimpered and couldn't seem to get comfortable and everytime I moved Mom was instantly awake. She was able to give me my pain meds around 5:00 a.m. and we both drifted off for a few hours. Mom is a little worse for wear this morning and has a headache from lack of sleep but she just keeps saying it will all be worth it once I am back on all four feet.

Thanks so much for all the prayers and pressies from all my wonderful friends.


Surgery tomorrow

April 15th 2009 4:47 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well tomorrow is the big day and Mom is really nervous and anxious. I will be having my surgery for my torn ACL and I could care less. I don't even know what that is. I just know that I can't put my leg down without it hurting me.

Mom has decided to watch the surgery so that she will know how the repair is done. The Dogtor said that would be just fine with him. Mom will have to go to work for a little while after she drops me off and he said that he would wait as late as he could to start the surgery so Mom could be there. She is going to tell them to go ahead and get me all sleepy before she gets there so that I won't get all excited and think that I am going home. She's not happy about leaving me there over night but I have to stay confined for a while and Mom doesn't want to leave me at home with Dad asleep while she is at work the next day. She is fixing me some chicken breast right now to send with me because I can't eat just anything without getting an upset stomach.

Keep your paws crossed for me and hope for the best.


Surgery on my leg

April 9th 2009 7:10 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well it's official I have to have surgery for my torn ACL. I just won't be still long enough for it to heal up so the Vet says surgery needs to be done before I tear the other side.

Mom has it scheduled for next Thursday the 16th. She says that she is going to be there the whole time that I am on the table. The Vet says that Mom can watch the procedure if she wants to. I will have to stay overnight at the Vets office and Mom says that will be really hard on her but the Dogtor said he would come back and check on me during the night.

Please keep your paws crossed for me.

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)