Likes: Food, Sunday naps on the couch with my dad, food, stalking and killing stuffies, food ...
Pet-Peeves: The freakin' sweeper. I just KNOW it eats bulldogs!
Favorite Toy: Balls, plastic water bottles, Kong, and stuffies that are just BEGGING to be destuffed.
Favorite Food: Merrick's and anything my mom makes.
Favorite Walk: Walk? I can't be bothered. I'm a diva.
Best Tricks: Puppy soccer. (I put one toy in my mouth and bat the other one around the house.)
Arrival Story: My daddy wanted a bulldog REAL bad, so he begged and begged my mom to talk her breeder friend. As soon as they saw me they fell in love with my ears that stick straight up.
I also have a sister Maggie who's 12. She's a pointer mix. She doesn't play much anymore, so I love to do my best to annoy her. She won't admit it, but she loves me! How could she not?
Bio: That whole "Llama" nickname? That was my dad's idea. He's a goofball. My middle name is seriously Llama. Like the Dalai Lama, get it? Yeah, I know, but I love him ... even if he IS a toon. ;-)
We just found out that the mom of one of our dear pup pals is ill and in need of our prayers. In the interest of her privacy, we will not mention names or the illness, but she could really use all of our prayers right now. Her prognosis is good and we are confident that she will make it through this with flying colors (even if the colors are a little muted sometimes), but there is nothing like the power of prayer, love, and doggy paws on your side. So please ... when you curl up with your pawrents tonight, could you just send one up for her? I'm sure the man upstairs will make sure it gets to the right place.
I had my vet appointment today and let me tell you I'm one tired girl. They weighed me,cut my nails, took my blood, felt me up, and took a punch biopsy of my bald spot. Sheesh!
The results are:
1. I've lost 5 lbs since the last time I was seen. (This is a good thing!) They said whatever mom's doing is working, because my thyroid level is back in range. They want me to lose another 6 lbs to bring me down to 52 lbs.
2. With the weight loss, my back knee is doing great. With the future loss, the knee will be even better.
3. The bad news about the thyroid is that since it's in level (good thing since I couldn't tolerate the thyroid meds), they are now unsure of the cause of my bald spot since not only isn't the hair growing back, the spot is slightly larger. It's not a hot spot and they doubt if it's from rubbing because I rub on both sides and am only balding on one side. Mom and Dr. Fedderke decided that a punch biopsy was in order to find what this was so that it could possibly be corrected. They should have the results in 5-7 working days.
4. No liver damage from the Pheno. In fact, they said all my blood levels were perfect. Go mom and the food switch!
5. I start KBr in the morning at 1/8 tsp twice per day. Since my blood looks good, she's not lowering my Pheno yet. She wants to see what happens with the KBr first. Then, if everything goes well, they will start tapering down my Pheno if possible. I have to continue my seizure diary and they will adjust my meds by phone conference unless they think additional bloodwork is needed before my next panel.
6. BONUS! My KBr will only cost $20 every two months! The vet has the powdered form there. She said she has a contract with a place that will liquify it or put it in capsules (which is what runs app. $60/month) or we can use just the powder. Since Maggie and I get the Missing Link powder every morning and night, mom said she would just mix the powder in with my supplement at mealtimes. The vet thought that was a good idea since that keeps the KBr pure as well. I probably won't even notice it cause I eat anything mom puts in front of me. Nobody has ever accused me of being picky.
So all in all, it looks like good news! I'll keep ya'll posted on how I do with the KBr and what the results of the punch biopsy are.
Thanks so much for all the love, good wishes, rosettes, and crossed paws. You pups are the bestest!
Mom woke up early to start her Thanksgiving Potatoes and decided to procrastinate a little and catch up on Dogster. She almost fell out of her chair when she saw that I was Diary of the Day! What an honor! *bulldog blush*
All you pups and kitties out there mean the world to us. The love at this place truly astounds me every day. So many people gathered in one place that truly do make a difference in the world ... not only to their animals, but all those out there that don't have homes or even a warm bed to lay in. And what a thing to be thankful for on this day of Thanksgiving. You all are wonderful and we are so glad to be a part of these communities.
I'd better go help Maggie revive mom. She's waving a paw over her face now. I think the poor old broad's still in shock! BOL!
Ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Get lots of goodies!