Shih Tzu
Picture of Mocha, a male Shih Tzu

Photo Comments

Home:Nassau, Bahamas  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 8 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 1-10 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Mocha

Moch's, Mocha Baby, Lil Ting'

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:

June 5th 2007

Taking rides in the car, running, flipping...playing mostly^_^and sleeping..getting his bellly kisses

Being left alone, being in his crate, bath-time, mom trying to get me on the leash

Favorite Toy:
Blue DoggiePaw Ball

Favorite Food:

Favorite Walk:
The house and porch sometimes

Best Tricks:

Arrival Story:
Was driving through a friend's neighborhood, and saw a yard with a few Shih Tzu dogs. I had always wanted to own a Shih Tzu myself, so I stopped and went over to ask the owners if the dogs had any puppies that were for sale. And coinceditally they did, at that time they were 4 weeks and the owner brought out one for me too see...all white then. I fell in love and instantly, had to be on the waiting list until one could come home with me. I was anxious for 3 weeks to pass until I could bring one home with me. But finally, my time came and I picked Mocha out of six, he being the biggest of the litter and the cutest^_^

Forums Motto:
Mocha Mischief

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Mouth Ulcer

I've Been On Dogster Since:
August 3rd 2007 More than 8 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

Mocha Tales

I have an ulcer on my tongue :-(

September 7th 2007 6:43 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mommy noticed from Wednesday evening that, I wasn't as active as I'd usually be and I usually love to have my tongue hanging out but I didn't either I was actually breathing through my nose. Then by Thurday evening, Mommy didn't notice anything different but in addition to a foul smell coming from me. Mommy found it was coming from my mouth. But I didn't want her to look inside. So mommy gave me a bath and tried to brush my teeth some.

I went to the vet this morning, and at first the vet thought I may have had something stuck in my throat. But upon closer observation he saw the abesse and discoloration on my tongue and showed mommy. Telling her it was an ulcer and the only time he's actually seen it was in cows and never in a dog!!! He took me to see one of the other vet's in the office too...I felt like a special case.

Mommy did say she noticed the shape on my tongue a few weeks ago, but when she checked a few days later it appeared not to be there. So, it may have been in an early stage. My vet said it could be from something I licked on the floor, and that maybe mommy should rinse the floor throughly with clean water after mopping. But still play close attention to me for the next week or so.

I got two shots, the first one hurt very much and I cried. But the second I didn't. Mommy got some anti-biotics from the vet that I have to take twice a day by mouth for 10-days.

Mommy and I both hope that I get better soon. I don't like feeling like this, and Mommy doesn't like seeing me unhappy or stinky either.

Well I'm going to rest some. Wish me well.


House Breaking and a New Toy...

August 26th 2007 10:07 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom bought be a new toy on Friday when she came home from work, I was so excited to see her and what she had in her bags. She bought me this colorful hanging thing, with ropes and blocks on it in different shapes. It hangs in my crate, where I can sit and play with it or jump up and tug at it. She said she got it so I'd enjoy my crate more when she's at home and even more when she's gone away. And boy was she right...I can't get enough of that thing...and I've tugged with all my might and it just swings all around..I'm gonna get that down...

And then this morning I got to go outside to potty. It was successful but after breakfast I had to again, but I'm not sure how to get moms' attention yet to take me outside and I'd much rather the house still anyway..but don't tell my mom. So anyway, I was pottying where I'm allowed on my newspaper, but then I saw mom open the door to the back room and it's carpeted which I I hurried behind her to finish potty there....

Needless to say mom was pretty upset, and put me on a time-out in my crate. But my new toy is such a success in my crate that I hadn't even realized that I was on time-out, because I was too busy playing with my new hanging toy. Moms' not sure how time-outs will work anymore with that being the case, well I'm not complaining and mom knows I'll gradually be house broken. And I think I'm already doing very well for my age.

Well I'll keep you posted.


My Visit to the Vet

August 25th 2007 11:36 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom and I got in the car this morning, and I was so excited. I stood in the window with all the breeze in my face...and it felt so great. We made a few stops and on one I came out. This lady came and took me from my mom, going on about how cute and calm I was^_^. We left and we arrived at this place I remember from a 2 weeks before..when I cried after seeing this man in white. Mom talked to this lady when we first came in and said I was there for my 3rd shot. Alot of other dogs were there, more than I remembered from the time before. A few very big ones like my brother Max and some tiny ones like me. I didn't bother much for company though.. I just sat on Moms' lap and rested some. There was this little black and white dog that was similar to me, but his lady said he was a mixed breed, he kept barking at me. Maybe he wanted to play but I still didn't pay much attention.

Then it was our time to go in see the Vet mom said, the man checked my weight ,I put on 2 1/2lbs.. now I'm 5lbs, he said that was great I'm eating well^_^and he said my temperature was also normal. The last time my nails were clipped so this time wasn't necessary. Then, he start to rub a spot on my back, and I felt a little prick...I jumped some, so he tried again, I heard him say "done" but then I felt a burning on that spot of my back and I scratched it. He told Mom that I probably wouldn't cry that time, because I'd get sort of use to it...Mom said I was really brave today^_^And I got a little treat. I also started my HeartGuard today, Mom said it would keep me healthy.

We go back in another 2 weeks for my next shot and check-up. I'm looking forward to the ride and treat more than anything..haha. I also got my identification tags today, on a little Gold shaped bone.. it has my name and address on it. After, the vet we made another stop where I got to come out again...and felt some nice cool breeze sitting in Moms' lap under a tree while we waited for grandma. On the ride home Mom put on the A/C and I dosed off to sleep.

Finally I'm back home, I had some lunch and now just lounging around. Until next time.

See all diary entries for Mocha