Rhodesian Ridgeback/Breed Unknown
Picture of Sport, a male Rhodesian Ridgeback/Breed Unknown

Photo Comments

Home:Gerald, MO  
Sex: Male   Weight: 26-50 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Sport

Red Dog

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:

Just being with his human family

Other dogs and strangers.

Favorite Toy:
Rawhide bones

Favorite Food:

Favorite Walk:
Anywhere we went

Best Tricks:
Ask him questions, what does a hungry tummy do (he would growl) what does a puppy with a cold do (he would sneeze) play cops and robbers (he would sit up and when we would say "bang" he would fall over "dead") Pretty boy (sit up)

Arrival Story:
Found starving in 1975 - June 9, 1988 Sport was found one bitter cold morning eating snow and bird seed. He was very scared and seemed vicious, snapping at me. I took some dog food and made a trail from outside to the kitchen where we had a bowl for our other dog. I put our other dog in the bedroom and closed the door. I stepped away from the door and Sport ate his way to the kitchen. I held him by the scruff of his neck ( I know, a BIG no-no )and told him what a good and pretty boy he was. Right before he finished eating I went and sat down in the living room. He proceeded to come to me and he just stood there looking at me so I patted my lap and told him to come here. He did and he became my boy. I took him to the vet and the vet was very upset at his condition, almost dead. I told the vet how I found him and he told me if anyone tried to claim him to contact him (vet) immediatly. He would turn the owners in for abuse. I tried to find out who owned him but no one claimed him. He was a "throw away dog" Six years later my husband and I divorced, the only "thing" I really wanted was my "Red Dog" Sport came to live with me and Spunky, our other dog, stayed with my ex-husband. After my divorce I met a wonderful man and we got married. Sport then became "our" boy. And what a boy he was, loving both of us like I never thought possible. We had him 5 1/2 years more. We took him to the vet, he had seizures real bad. The vet operated and found a fast spreading cancer. He could have saved him but he would have to take half his kidneys, lungs and liver and then go on chemo and radiation, still no guarantee he would make it more than a month or two and not suffer any more. We couldn't stand the thought of him suffering any more so we had him euthanized. It was the most difficult decision of our lives to make but we did it out of pure love for our loving and faithful companion. After he was gone, the vet told us we made the right decision, that he would suffer more and he would have no quality of life. Still, it hurt deeply to lose him. We still love and miss him dearly. He was PERFECT and he holds a very special place in my heart.

The Groups I'm In:
FebrezeĀ® Pet Odor Eliminatorā„¢, ^*^Over The Rainbow^*^

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Songs to remember them by

I've Been On Dogster Since:
August 8th 2004 More than 12 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
Margaret AnnDixieScampDolly
Pogee *RIP*

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals