Likes: chasing anything that moves faster than he can
Pet-Peeves: male dogs
Favorite Food: any food
Best Tricks: Bang Bang, be dead
Arrival Story: Sam was my first purbred schnauzer.
Sam is no longer with us. He was hit by a car and killed on the evening of April 8, 2008. He will be missed always. He was buried under the pear tree in our backyard so that I can visit him often. He was a good friend.
Bio: His registered name is Brooke's Sherman the German
Sam's mom here...I just wanted to tell all of our friends that Sam has gone to the bridge tonight. I am devistated. I let him out to use the bathroom before bed, and when I went back out to call him in, he didnt come. Normally as soon as I open our front door I can hear Sam zipping around the side of the house, leaving a flurry of dried leaves in his wake. Tonight all I got was silence and I knew immediately our road had claimed another beloved animal. The Lord has a plan, and while I am deeply upset by my loss of such a wonderful companion, I also realize that it is all part of something greater. My husband is going to bury Sam in our backyard under the pear tree and it will be a lovely place to visit him. It's always pretty back there and it's a cool spot, so even in the sunniest of days there is a good amount of shade. I plan on planting some flowers on his grave in the coming weeks. Sam was a great dog and he is going to be missed so much. I made a horrible mistake tonight in letting him out alone without supervision, and it's a mistake I will not make again. I know I will cry, and I know I will heal, but I don't think I'll ever stop missing Sam. I'll probably never forgive myself for not allowing him to go for a ride with me today when I went to the shelter. He wanted to go so bad, and I told him maybe later...and now I'll never get to follow through. He'll ride with me in spirit. Sam was smart, beautiful, friendly, and he loved me with a devotion you can't explain. That is all I can write at the moment...it's hard to see the screen through the tears. It's hard to think of words through the pain. It's hard to know that when I walk out of this room, Sam won't be at my heels looking up at me. If someone could make some bridge pictures of Sam for me, I'd really like that. I would like something with wings. He earned them.
Mom didnt feel like trying to find 21 of you, so Me, Sam, and Roxy just split up the seven:
1. Georgie~she was so concerned for our litter! It made us feel good.
2. Charley~Always good for a debate!
3. Fritz~A funny fellow with a stubborn streak like Lucy!
4. Doolin~Roxy has a crush on this handsome boy! BOL
5. Finnegan~He came up with that fun secret rossette game!
6. Milly~The wonderful pup that has been through so much and still smiles!
7. Kady~She started tag!
1. I was mommy's first registered Schnauzer
2. I am the most obedient dog mom has EVER had in her entire life
3. I love to eat, anything and everything
4. Mom had to shave my head bald once from the kids putting gum in my face.
5. I have fathered three litters of puppies
6. I love to ride in the car with my head out the window.
7. I'm not very fond of children