Picture of Presley, a male Pug

Photo Comments

Home:Birmingham, AL  
Age: 17 Years   Sex: Male   Weight: 11-25 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for Presley

P-U-G, Pres, Cutsie, Preley, Cutsie boy, Sweetsy, Sweetie pie

Quick Bio:

sleeping in bed, chair and ottoman; walks; going to pet store; riding in car; eating the same food you are eating; getting things out of the trash, being petted, lots and lots of attention

Going outside in the rain, nails trimmed, Winston (our second dog) bothering him, people not paying attention to him, not getting petted (he will bark to let you know)

Favorite Toy:
teddy, monkey, carrot

Favorite Food:
Anything you are eating. Interestingly, he DOES NOT like McDonald's french fries!

Favorite Walk:
Anyplace that has lots of smells.

Best Tricks:
shake hands, high five, speak, beg, go in circles

Arrival Story:
Presley was a Christmas present. He was part of a mastermind plan of doggie swap! We came to visit Matt's parents in Houston for Christmas. We brought with us from Arkansas a Chinese Crested puppy for his parents. Little did I know (Matt, my husband knew, though) there was going to be the cutest pug puppy waiting for us. We arrived at the house, and I stood outside waiting for his parents to come out and welcome their new puppy. When Matt's parents saw that I had a puppy in my arms for them, Matt's dad unzipped his jacket and pulled out Presley for us! What a wonderful surprise!

This summer, I was walking with my pup pal Mattie. It was a nice day, not as hot as usual. Shortly after we started I began to wheeze and within 15-20 minutes, could not walk anymore. I fell over and was breathing so fast, my mommy and her friend Jennifer were very worried. I was very hot. Jennifer took Mattie back to the house and picked my mommy and me up, because I couldn't walk anymore. I was panting so hard. Once we got back inside, I wouldn't drink any water and I began to stumble. My hind legs were so weak they couldn't hold me up. I vomited as well. Miss Jennifer listened to my heart and lungs with a stethoscope because I was still breathing so hard. My mommy called Dr. Wallace, my vet, and he said to check my temperature because I might be having a heatstroke. Well, Miss Jennifer checked my temperature and it was greater than 106 degrees (that was the most her thermometer read). Dr. Wallace stayed on the phone the whole time and said that I needed to come in emergently or I could die from heatstroke and its complications. My mommy and Miss Jennifer then splashed some water on me and wrapped me up in wet towels and carried me to Dr. Wallace and the nice people at Valley Central Animal Hospital in Pelham. They took very good care of me and watched me overnight. My parents and Miss Jennifer were so worried about me. Luckily, I improved quickly and was able to come home the next afternoon. I was back to playing and eating well and showing all the people in the clinic my tricks. My parents were so happy to see me healthy again and back to my old ways. I am so grateful to Miss Jennifer, Dr. Wallace, and his staff for all helping me and saving my life.

The Groups I'm In:
For The Love Of Pug! (FLOP)

I've Been On Dogster Since:
August 1st 2004 More than 11 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals