Nicknames: Tikka-girl; boo-boo; mama; devil-dog and Shotgun (grammy made me add this one).
Birthday: April 18th 2006
Likes: Alone time; playing Commando and Sniper Attack
Pet-Peeves: Being told what to do ("I know you're not talking to me!")... Sharing ANYTHING... cuddling (yuck!)
Favorite Toy: Mommy's great big stuffed bear; I love to kill it, pounce on it, dominate it, tear its internal organs out...
Favorite Food: Sushi!!!
Favorite Walk: To the dog park, YEAHHHHHH!!!!
Best Tricks: Sit... Come (not!!!)... Stay (until I don't)... Down...Roll-over... Shake...walk properly on a leash (yeah, right!)
Arrival Story: A military friend had just bought her and found out the next day they were being deployed overseas. She asked if I would take a look and maybe buy her. Having NEVER owned a dog before, I was reluctant (I've been a cat person all my life!). But the instant I saw this 10 wk old puppy, it was like the universe crashed in on me. I was instantly transfixed and deeply in love. Went home to discuss with the husband, he didn't think it was a good idea. Brought him to my friend's house to see the pup, evidently, the universe didn't crash in on him. After 3 days of wrangling and negotiation (my birthday was a month away, hahahaha), I brought this amazing creature home with me. I've never lost that strange feeling for her. Fate, destiny, whatever, Tikka and I were meant for each other!
Bio: My daddy gave me my name. He's a weapons expert and has been a reloader for a super long time. Tikka is the name of a high quality Sako Finnish shotgun owned by Beretta and brand labeled in Italy...sheesh, dad, are you happy now! Anyway, grammy can't get into all that so she just calls me shotgun. Normally, I'd be offended and wouldn't deign to respond, but grammy's really nice so I forgive her faux pas.
Not merely dog of the day or dog of the hour, but DOG OF THE WEEK! Ha! Take that my cat-brat siblings! MUAHAHAHAHA! Sadly, I missed most of my week because mom and dad went out of town and I wasn't allowed on the computer! Grrrrr!
Actually, I am not surprised to be named DOTW. As a Shiba we are naturally showered with adoration and attention. It was just a matter of time. Although I HAVE been on Dogster for over a year, I'm not sure what took HQ so long. Anyway, I'd like to say...er...um...well...thanks! I may not show it, but deep down my little Shiba heart is swelled up with love for Dogster!
The very best thing about being DOTW is that I made tons of new furriends! Thanks to all my new and old pals who sent me contratulations, rosettes and special gifts! If means a lot to me!
The rules to this game are to put in four of the following and then tag four other pups! So here goes:
Name four jobs that you've had.
1. Chief Domestic Security Officer - NO BIRDS ALLOWED IN MY YARD!!
2. Official Alarm Clock - No lazy bone human in MY house is allowed to sleep beyond 5:00 am!
3. Cat Herder - Anytime the cats sneak outside, my job is to herd them back into the house, hehe!
4. Food Taster and Approver - Mommy must provide me a small taste of everything she eats. I review and approve for taste, texture, and quality.
Four places you have lived.
1. With my human mom, dad and my two cat-brats.
2. With my best friend Mojo the Boston Terrier (for 10 whole days)
3. My favorite human great auntie Connie (for a couple of days)
4. With my original humans that adopted me, but then they had to get rid of me because they were going overseas in the military.
Four places where you have been.
1. Phoenix, Arizona
2. University of Nevada Las Vegas (I'm a smart pup!)
3. Mount Charleston
4. Red Rock Canyon
Four places you'd rather be.
1. Outside, Outside, Outside!
2. On a long hike in the mountains
3. Petsmart or Healthy Tails
4. John Mulls Meats (butcher), I always get a delicious treat when I go.
My "typist" has been slacking! She got this new job, so MY administrative needs have been put on the back burner, hmmpff! I will have to teach her to get her priorities straight.
In the meantime, I have to apologize to all my pals who have tagged me (Kiku, Winnie and T-Bone). I wasn't ignoring you, my paws were tied! My good pal Siri has just tagged me with a special Thanksgiving tag, so I nagged mommy until she got on the computer!
Here are the rules:
Because it’s Thanksgiving time, there is a change to the rules.
Each player needs to tell seven special things they are
thankful for. Tagged dogs must post the rules in their diary
and their 7 things. Then choose 7 pups to tag and list their
names. Let them know by pawmail or rosette that they have been
tagged and to read your diary for the instructions on how to
The seven things I'm thankful for are:
1. I have a wonderful home with a loving mom & dad
2. I am healthy and active
3. I have terrific pup pals here on dogster!!
4. Mommy spoils me endlessly!
5. Although they get on my nerves, I am thankful for my cat-brats.
6. I get to go to the dogpark EVERY weekend!
7. I AM A SHIBA INU!!!!!!!!
Let's see, who can I tag?
Titus My cute little pug friend. Duncan So handsome and a GREAT dance partner! Mia The bravest, sweetest pup on Dogster! Molly Lakota Blue My cute little cousin...bossy, but cute! Tessa Sue My cool, smart, RAW pal! Aya My gorgeous, photogenic Shiba pal! Sarah Smartypants My best friend on Dogster! Sarah, just know that whenever I get tagged, you get tagged, bol!!