China (In Loving Memory)

Shih Tzu/Shih Tzu
Picture of China (In Loving Memory), a male Shih Tzu/Shih Tzu

Photo Comments

Home:Fort Belvoir, WA  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Male   Weight: 11-25 lbs

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a bone for China (In Loving Memory)

China Boy

Doggie Dynamics:
not playfulvery playful

Quick Bio:
-purebred-dog rescue

January 1st 1999

Toys, Toys, Toys, YIPEE!!! I have all these toys.


Favorite Toy:
All of the toys that have a voice box i.e. duck, octopus, seal, monkey.

Favorite Food:
First Mate, or Precise Plus,

Favorite Walk:
Back Yard

Best Tricks:
He cocks his head to one side when you talk to him, he is sooo cute

Arrival Story:
He was a breeder dog and I asked the breeder if I can have him. He was a little malnourished and dehydrated and had an ear infection. After a complete vet exam, neuter and teeth cleaning; he has gained three pounds and probably needs to lose 1 - 1/2 lbs. He is getting kind of chunky.

I took him in to foster and find a good home; however a month later I got Topsy from the same breeder and I know they can't be seperated. And now my Georgia just loves him so it looks like he and Topsy are keepers for now anyway.

He is the Daddy to my Teddy and Henry. Shy was the mother and will forever be in my heart.

I've Been On Dogster Since:
May 13th 2007 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Dogster Id:

Meet my family
TeddyHenrySassy (In
Loving Memory)
Shy (In Loving
GeorgiaTopsyAnnie (In
Loving Memory)

Meet my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals

My Precious China Boy

You will forever be in my heart ..........beautiful China- boy

March 13th 2008 1:15 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I have some sad news. My China a.k.a. China Boy passed away yesterday at the Vets office. He had been coughing for about a week and I got medicine for him from the vet. He was still acting normally; playing, eating, drinking etc. Saturday night I noticed a change in his breathing and he wouldn't eat his treat. I had drill with the National Guard this past weekend. So I packed him, Georgia and Topsy with me in the car so I could keep an eye on him throughout the day during my drill in Seattle. I was in Seattle for about two hours when I decided I had to leave and take him to the vet. After an X-ray, the vet said it was his heart and his lungs had filled up with fluid. The decision was made to leave him at the vet and I would pick him up in the afternoon. The vet called and said that she had seen no improvement with the IV medication given. I had three choices. 1. Take him to the dog emergency over night whe re they could monitor his fluids. 2. Pick him up and take him home with medication and take him to my regular vet in the a.m. 3. PTS. So I chose number 2 thinking that I would have very little time with him left and I wanted him at home with me and his pals.

While I was driving to go and pick him up, the vet called and said he went into cardiac arrest. They revived him once but it happened again and he passed away. He was a beautiful soul and spent one full year as a pet and member of my family. He woke up excited every day and grateful. He would run and play with his toys first thing.

When I took him from the breeder and then to the vet after I first got him; The vet told me China had a bad heart and he was on enalapril the whole time I had him. This happened quite suddenly. I knew he had a heart condition but I sincerely thought he would be around for several more years. He is with my precious Shy-Shy in heaven with no pain and playing with his toys I am sure. I took today off from work.

As many of you know; I took China and Topsy from the breeder with the intention of adopting them out to loving homes. However, when I got Georgia, she attached herself to China so I decided to keep both China and Topsy. I am sooo glad I made that decision. Georgia cuddles with all of my babies so I am sure she will be fine. She loves Sassy and Teddy alot to. She still prefers the dogs to me but she always just sits beside me and stares and she just loves treat time like they all do.

I will be getting more Shih Tzu from the breeder and hopefully one in the coming months, as she has kept three female puppies to breed. It is such a weird situation. The woman has some good qualities but she needs to STOP breeding PERIOD!! The dogs are not over bred, they are not abused, she genuinely cares for them. However, she does not keep up with their grooming or vet care and they do not live the life of pets, as part of a family. Her place is just filthe. I cannot get her to stop so I do what I can. I pray I can convince her to give me them to me sooner rather than later. There are so many others in the area I am sure, but I can effect this situation and she trusts me. I just want her to release the dogs to me sooner so they have more than just a year in a real home.

For those of you who cannot keep track.

Teddy - 8 yrs old, I got as a puppy from this breeder
Henry - 6 yrs old, I got as a puppy from this breeder
Sassy - 14 yrs old (my first rescue from a home that could no longer care for her, has heart condition)
Topsy a.k.a. Poopsy - 10 yrs (came from the same breeder)
Annie - approx 12 yrs old. (was schedule to be PTS at the shelter)
Georgia - 10 yrs old (I flew to Kansas to get after my Shy passed)

Shy - (passed last year after I had her a year and she is Teddy and Henry's mother)
China - (passed after I had him a year and is Teddy and Henry's father)

Everyone is pretty healthy except for Annie who is getting better every day she is with me. I originally thought I would have her only six months. She keeps improving so I think she has a couple of years in her.

This has been therapy for me to write. I appreciate those who love me for me and truly understand why I have more than several Shih Tzu.

See all diary entries for China (In Loving Memory)