Age: 7 Years Sex: Female Weight: 51-100 lbs
|Home:Deland, FL ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a bone for Harmony
Special Gift Box:
Hambone, Harmonies, Pretty Girl, Princess, Naughty and the newest ones: Couch-killer & Brat!
February 2nd 2006
Annoying/chewing/chasing/pestering my other dogs, stealing/hoarding the other dogs toys, swimming in the pool, chasing anything that runs from her, a full belly, unlimited attention from Mommy and Daddy and never-ending belly rubs.
When one of the other dogs moves in on HER food or HER toys that she's STOLEN from THEM, timeout, getting her ears flushed during a bath and being told "NO".
Chasing Winnie, chewing on us, teasing Jake, pestering Cal, eating sticks, bugs, twigs, bones, balls, frisbees... you name it- she's a Labrachewerhoarderchaserdor Retriever!
Anything that doesn't eat her first! In her bowl is Innova- highly recommended by our holistic vet.
Walk? This girl doesn't walk- she runs everywhere and nowhere all at the same time!
She's MOSTLY obedient with all of her tricks: sit, stay, sit pretty, down, fetch, pray and speak, but she's extra silly with her "high fives" and she sasses back when we tell her "NO" with a high pitched yap- it's funny, but not so much a trick though.
My husband and I were returning from our weddingmoon (we eloped 6/1/06) we decided to stop at the Humane Society on the way home to find "our" wedding present- a female black lab. We saw so many great dogs- we wanted to rescue all of them, but just didn't find "the one". Afterward, we went to Petco to pick up treats for his golden and my doxie when I immediately spotted the cutest black thing on 4 legs I'd ever seen. The Mid-FL Retriever Rescue was having an adoption day outside Petco and had several wonderful dogs available for adoption including 4 month old "Abigail" (we changed her name to Harmony respectfully; Chris and I met on Eharmony.com). Once Chris saw me make a bee-line for the crate she was in he went over to the desk and started filling out the papers for her adoption. She has been such a joy (unless she's being naughty) ever since and has helped heal a crater-sized wound left in my heart after losing my precious "Bailey".
She's silly and sweet and probably the funniest dog I've ever been around. She's also very spoiled and gets away with most everything (she's the baby). The other dogs have to "kennel up" when we sit down to eat but she plops her head on my lap and it's too cute to make her do what she's supposed to. When we have company everyone laughs at her when she makes her "lap" rounds in which she gets rewarded for her naughty behavior with a smackeral of table food. Harmony has adopted the "Lucy" attitude- she takes Jake's toys and drops them in front of a door/wall/crate and taunts him to come get them. Jake will run full force toward his toy(s) and at the last second Harmony will pick it up as Jake slides past and crashes into whatever she placed the toy(s) in front of. Afterward, she saunters away all proud of herself while poor Jake is shaking off the stars he'd just seen. She also sneaks up on whomever is sleeping and barks right in their ear because they're not paying attention to her.
The Groups I'm In:
★PLANET PAWLLYWOOD★, ♫ THE KIT KAT CLUB ♫ ®, VOW - Volusia's Outdoorsy Wagsters, FUNshine SUNshine, Harmony's Health Hut, Million Dog March, ~~~*♥Dog Park USA♥*~~~
The Last Forum I Posted In:
The wonder of a Yellow Lab
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|April 24th 2007
||More than 6 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
November 15th 2007 7:38 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I feel so loved to be tagged by numerous doggers so here's my 7 things to be thankful for!
1. I'm thankful that I was rescued into a loving forever home as a puppy.
2. I'm thankful for a full belly every morning and night as I know there are so many that have to go without.
3. I'm thankful for a Mom that knows how to do dogger massages and I gladly offer myself to keep her skills up. :D
4. I'm thankful that I'm a finalist in the Naughtiest Dogger catagory for Dogster's World Coolest Dog. (I just found that out a few mintues ago- too cool).
5. I'm thankful for my 3 brothers and 1 sister. They're a lot of fun to play with and they keep me from being any naughtier than I am! ;)
6. I'm thankful for a soft warm beddie at night so that I can recharge my batteries and be ready for the tomorrows.
7. I'm thankful for the great outdoors and for nature- God's canvas! Those birds and squirrels sure do provide a lot of entertainment! :D
I'm not going to Turkey Tag any other pup cause I know I've been tagged about 5 times so far so I'm sure all my furends will get a chance to participate! Thanks to those pups that tagged me! xoxoxo-Harmony
August 5th 2007 9:31 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Well, would you believe there is a summer tag game going around Dogster? My furend Cooper and fellow Choo shoe-a-holic has tagged me for this game....here we go again, BOL!
Make a diary entry giving 5 pawsome facts about yourself and tag 5 friends with a rosette or pmail (list them last) and post the rules of the game. BTW: You may want to check your furends diaries that you are going to tag to make sure they didn't get tagged already.
1. I just started a new group called "Harmony's Health Hut". It's hopefully going to be a great rescource for all of us who want to mind our health! Come join me!
2. I love expensive shoes... chewing on them that is!
3. My newest nickname is "Moe" from the 3 stooges.
4. I'm the SMART labradork in my family! :D
5. I'm still puppy-fur soft... and I'm full grown!
Pups that I'm going to tag:
1. My Mellow Yellow Labradork Bro Jakey
2. My Chocolate Chip Labradork Bro Harley
3. My Weiner Dogger Sissy Winnie
4. My Fluffy Butt Mutt Bro Cal
5. My Dreamy Drago
July 26th 2007 8:20 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
A PRAYER FOR ANIMALS
Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our
friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for any that are hunted or lost or
deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a
heart of compassion and gentle hands and
kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true
friends to animals and so to share the blessings
of the merciful.
--- Albert Schweitzer ---
See all diary entries for Harmony|