Age: 11 Years Sex: Female Weight: 26-50 lbs
|Home:Worcester, MA ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a bone for Pookah
Dogster stats for Pookah
6 times 44
Pooky-Roo, Roo-Roo, Pooky-Butt, Fuzzy-Butt, Fuzzy Buttling, Roo of Rooiness, Schnog of Dog, Pooky-laulau, Baby Fuzz, Puppy-rooni
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
May 23rd 2004
Greenies, being wedged inbetween daddy and mommy on the couch or their bed, wrestling with my crazy twin human"sisters"
I hate leashes, being left alone, not having my place on the bed or couch, mommy being on the phone or computer or reading a book
My squeaky squirrel, squeaky pheasant, Jolly ball, pink and white soccer ball, and shoes if I'm mad and not getting the attention I so richly deserve
Officially, Purina Pro-Plan Beef and Rice, Unofficially, anything I'm not supposed to have. As of Easter 2007, a total Jelly Belly jelly bean addict!
Walk - who walks? I RUN, bounce, and leap!
Being cute, taking mommy's hand in my mouth and licking it gently - she'll do anything when I do that!
Mommy says "We were a match made in heaven. Pookah picked me, without any question. Her sisters were running circles around me and she just came right up to me, climbed in my lap and sucked on my finger. Even though the breeder had me play with each puppy, it was too late - the bond had been made and I was her person. She flew home from Georgia to Boston sleeping on my lap - she cried if she had to stay in her little carry on bag. Fortunately, stewardess turned a blind eye and let me hold her for most of the time. It is very hard to get Irish terriers, particularly if you want one as a pet, not a show/breeder. I highly recommend Tanager Song Farm Irish Terriers - she raises them to be so people and animal-friendly right from the beginning. Pookah loves other dogs and people - she even plays(without aggression!) with our hamster and guinea pig! She's my best buddy(sorry husband and kids! Heeheehee)."
My best friend in the world and love of my life - after my family - is our neighbor Dude,a Neopolitan Mastiff rescue dog from NYC. We look for each other every day - and night - and love each other to pieces. Sigh! I also like to visit Rosie the Wheaten Terrier two doors down. My goal in life is to catch a squirrel, but often I have to settle for digging for moles, preferably in Mommy's perrenial beds. I'm happiest laying on top of, draped over or at least touching my mommy. If I am not getting the attention I want, and if climbing on top of or in the lap of my humans doesn't work, I love to shred things - anything! If my family is really evil and leaves me, I like to chew their shoes and poop in my sister's bedroom!
I have a fan club in all the children who come with their parents to pick up human kids from elementary school. I love the little ones - I crouch down and lay still for the littlest toddlers and wag my tail and lick the older kids. Sometimes they even give me treats or bring me sticks. Everyone wants to take me home.
Love me! Pay attention to me! Love me!
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|March 28th 2007
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
July 18th 2007 9:17 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Hi! I just got back from a week and a half on the St. Lawrence River - the Thousand Islands region - in New York State. We were visiting Grandpa. I was a very good girl for the whole long car ride because Mommy said she would take me to my island. I love my island! It is called Morgan Island at Kring Point State Park. There is a little footbridge over the water and then I get to go off my leash and RUN! There are so many smells - deer and fox and raccoon and bunny and squirrel and beavers and FROGS - it is so exciting. Not only are there animal smells, but there are lots of birds to chase. Not just the robins like there are at home but Great Blue Herons(although they squack at me) and Canadian geese and ducks and loons. Mommy keeps talking about bald eagles and osprey, but they don't land so I can't chase them. I love running around the island - although my pads get sore sometimes from running on the rocks. I like to stand in the cool water to sooth my feet, then I can run MORE! I pulled a giant branch out of the water that was 3 times bigger than me and I was SO proud. The island is the best place to chase sticks. It is also fun watching people on the water with all these boat things - kayaks, motorboats, giant tanker ships - although jetskis are TOO loud. The most intriguing thing I found eluded me the whole time, however, there was this round red thing - it looked almost like a Kong - bobbing and moving in the water. Now, I don't swim if I can avoid it so I couldn't get to it, but it just sat there teasing me. I growled and barked and jumped at it but it didn't go away and it didn't come closer. Mommy kept saying it was something called a "buoy" but I think it looked pretty threatening. Mommy went in the water - she was splasing and in over her head and calling me and I was sure she was going to drown so I gathered my courage and jumped in and swam out to her. She held my harness and made it back to safety with me and she praised me - but then she got back in the same water again! Now, I'm willing to rescue her from one mistake, but if she's going to go back in she can save herself. Silly human. Now we are back in in the city and I have to be on a stupid leash because the mean neighbor's cat got chased once to many times. It is hot and even though I get to eat popsicles, I still miss the island. Take me back Mommy!
June 12th 2007 8:57 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
You are my Roo of Rooiness and Lau of Lauiness, my Schnaug of Dog and Dog of Schnaug and I love you more than I can say. You are my therapy dog, my cuddle bear, and my buddy through thick and thin, and even when things are really lousy you are the one thing I can count on. I love the softness of your ears, the perfect kssing place on your forehead, the feathery tufts on your feet, and the chestnut brown pools of your eyes with their long lashes. I love the warm doggy scent of you. I love the way you rearrange yourself so you are always pressing against me, no matter where I am. You are my little guardian angel and I love you, even when you chew my shoes, again and again.
Just had to say it.
May 29th 2007 2:02 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Eeeek - I've been tagged by Hoover! Hmm. Seven things about me.
1) I was born on the South Carolina/Georgia border in the mountains near Taccoa, GA on a homesteading farm where my mommy came to get me and brought me home to New England. Turns out Yankee folk are pretty nice, for all I'd heard otherwise.
2) I have a boyfriend next door and I LOVE him - Dude, the Neopolitan Mastiff. I love him so much. I sit on the stairs and peek out the window looking to see if he is coming out of his house so we can play. We have special barks we use to call each other if we are outside and looking for each other. He's so cool.
3)I love to play soccer - Mom had to buy me a pink and white soccer ball of my own beacuse I kept stealing the neighbor boy's soccer balls. It is fun to guard the ball and growl - I wrap my paws around it to keep it safe from Mom or my sisters, but I let them get it sometimes so they can give it a good kick.
4) I believe strongly in exfoliation. I love to lick Mom's and Dad's faces all the time - especially their eyelids and up their noses. They squeal and gasp and protest, so I find it is best to get on top of them when they are asleep or reading in bed and get my paws on either side of their heads - sometimes I even lay on top of them - and really give them a scrubbing. Mommy insists that she washes her face, but I think I do a much better job. Daddy's face is furry, just like mine, so he really needs a good grooming.
5)I think that moles, chipmunks, and squirrels are evil. I chase them and hunt them and they always cheat and run up trees or hide in the stone wall where I can't get them no matter how hard I try. Those moles - Mom hates them and yet she doesn't like me to dig after them in her perennial beds. I'm just trying to to help!
6) I have ridden in a kayak with Mom in the St. Lawerence River. I have to say, it isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it is fun to watch the world go by from in there, and someone has to keep track of Mom and that's ME!I'm not too keen on the whole getting wet thing - although I have been known to jump in the shower with Mom - it's fun to surprise her when she is rinsing her hair and can't see me coming.
7) I love to go to pick up my girls from school every day and I get really upset if can't go. I get to hang out and be admired by all the cute little humans and their parents while they are waiting for the other little humans to come out of the brick building. I think tiny humans are really cute and funny. I wish we had one. They are easy to steal food from and their faces taste good when I clean them.
OK, there are the seven things about me! Now I need to chase down some more friends in this game of tag! I've tagged Liam Erin, Darby, Dude, Caitleen Juliette, Molly, Chili Pepper, and Chloe - and Hoover, the one who tagged me first - for good measure.
See all diary entries for Pookah|