Photo Comments Sex: Female Weight: 51-100 lbs
Leave a bone for Jazzy - At The Rainbow Bridge
Dogster stats for Jazzy - At The Rainbow Bridge
5 times 81
Jazzy Girl, Baby Girl, Princess, Mom's Shadow
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
May 20th 1996
Attention! Especially from my Mom. I really like giving kisses to anyone who lets me!
I really don't like being left alone.
My BOBO (long plush toy)! I really like tenis balls too. Wheres the ball! Wheres the ball!
I'll eat anything but I LOVE LOVE LOVE green apples. No skin of course.
WALK?! Who said walk!? I'll walk anywhere. I get super excited at just the word!!!
I can sit, stay, up (stand), speak, down, kisses, fetch, prance for my treats. It's cute! ;)
My owner left me with some woman who couldn't keep me because of her landlord. So she called an Akita Rescue group and I went on their website (see, this is not my first time on the web!) Time was running out and I only had a few days left before the lady's landlord said I had to go to the pound. How scary! I wouldn't do well in a cage! Then a lady showed up and I fell in love at first sight! She became my mommy and brought me home that day! I was so excited. I loved my new home from day one. I'm very spolied and I deserve it!
Jazzy is no longer with us. She was suffering hip issues that made it difficult for her to get up for the last year. At the end, her hip and legs finally gave out on her. She couldn't stand on them without assistance anymore and was clearly in a lot of pain. We did the hardest thing, and had her put to sleep. She passed away on the lap of her Mommy as she was told how much she was loved. She was cremated and placed in a memorial box and is still with her family.
Jazzy was an amazing dog. She had the sweetest personality and loved everyone. She would give anyone kisses that would let her. No one could meet her and not instantly fall in love. Even my grandmother who isn't a big fan of dogs, couldn't resist Jazzy and often referred to her has her "little buddy". She was a big dog but she as the gentlest dog you could even meet. Even in her senior years she was very playful as if she was still a puppy. She had a very expressive face and you could always tell when she was happy. She also had a deep bond with her Mommy. This was proven once again on her last day with us. Her Mommy took her outside in the front lawn because she loved being able to watch the world around her. A strange dog appeared and started moving towards Jazzy and her Mommy. Even though she was in a great deal of pain and standing was near impossible, she jumped in front of her Mommy. She forced herself to stand through the pain and placed herself right between the strange dog and her precious Mom. The strange dog moved on, and as soon as Jazzy decided the danger was over, she just lay down and peacefully watched the neighborhood. This just shows how dedicated she was and how much she loved her family. That even in great pain all she could focus on was protecting her Mom.
Jazzy will be greatly missed not only by her family but anyone who had a chance to meet her. She was a one of a kind dog. She was with us for only a short time but those years will always be cherished. She can never be replaced or ever forgotten.
My sweet angel, Jazzy.
My sweet Angel -1996-2008
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|March 20th 2007
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
November 6th 2008 2:07 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I have been tagged by one of my wonderful paw pals, Foxy!
Ok pals, here's how it goes. You write down 7 cool, neat or wierd facts about yourself and then you tag 7 other pals. Simple right?
Here are 7 facts about me!
1. I loved to eat peanut butter! Just seeing the jar or smelling it in the air made my tail wag and I was instantly by the person's side. Even better was peanut butter and green apples (no skin)! The best snack in the world!
2. I gave my family a scare one day when I was missing for 5 hours! I was always let outside off a leash because I would never step a paw off our lawn. One day though, something caught my attention and I left for 5 hours. My family was a mess! I came home though on my own. I barked at our front door smelling like the ocean and never took off again. It was my adventure!
3. Going to the groomers was always the best! The people loved me because I happily stood there while they did their work. The best part was going home all pretty with bows on my head or a pretty hankerchief around my neck. I knew I was beautiful and would strut my stuff!
4. I used to organize my toys! Sometimes I would make sure each room had one toy in it. Then later I would go collect them all and put them in a pile in the living room.
5. Everyone always called me a very girly dog. I have always refused to poo poo in my own yard. I would pee with no problem but would never ever poo poo in my lawn. Instead, I would only go when on a walk so it kept my yard clear. I was never taught to do this and my Mommy always picked it up on the walks. I just decided to keep my poo poo out of our backyard. I was very clean!
6. When I was 8 the top half of my tail had to be completely shaved! I developed a severe allergy to something only on my tail and the vet said my fur had to shaved on my tail so it could be treated. My beautiful fluffy tail was naked! I looked so funny and people were so confused. It grew back in no time though and came back softer and fluffier!
7. As an Akita, some people were afraid of me because of the stereotype against my breed. Everything you imagine for Akitas is the complete opposite of me. I'm was very sweet, calm, gentle, loving, happy and quiet. I only barked when asked or if I was super excited. I loved every person I met and the worst I would do to you is kiss you to death. I loved kids and other animals. Dogs could bark all they wanted at me and I never cared. I just did my thing. Even the vet would compliment me on being so patient with the treatments. She would tell me about other Akita's she had that you would have to wrestle with. To me, that's just crazy! All I ever wanted was for people to just love me and I had so much love in my life!
So there are my 7 facts. I don't know how weird or cool they were but that's the stuff I wanted to share. Now it's my turn to tag 7 pups.
Here's the list!
You have been tagged!
November 3rd 2008 2:47 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Hey Everyfur! Its Jazzy here and I have a few very important thank you notes to send out!
I'm a newer member to a furtastic group called "Rainbow Bridge Angel Babies" (RBAB for short) and the members there are just wonderful. They have been so welcoming and helpful especially to my family members in their grief. I now have tons of new friends I can play with at the Rainbow Bridge and Turtle Pond which makes being an angel so much fun! I even have kitty friends there! I felt like a member of the rainbow family from day one and I just want to thank every member of the group! THANK YOU!!
Another big thank you goes out to DAISY MAE and her MOMMY! Only a few days after joining RBAB these two gave me my first set of wings. The picture came out beautiful and it made me feel so pretty! The picture is very special to my family back on earth and is now a staple on my page. I couldn't thank you enough for taking the time to make this for me but I'm going to try. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!
I have another big thank you to send out to BEARY and her MOMMY for making me a membership card for being in RBAB! I don't know how she makes so many cards for so many furs but she does it and they all come out so beautiful. She even manages to personalize them to make them extra special. My card has my favorite rope bone toy in the picture which is so perfect! I love how it came out and I'm so grateful for you taking time out of your furry day to make this for me. It will always have a place on my page. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH BEARY!!!
To any angels reading this who aren't a member of Rainbow Bridge Angel Bridge group, I hope you fly over and join! It's full of very friendly furs and their families who are more then willing to be there for anyone. Whether you want to have fun or need help in grieving there is always someone around to talk. So, I hope you will stop by and see why I love it so much.
Thanks for reading my thank you note post!
Tails and Treats,
See all diary entries for Jazzy - At The Rainbow Bridge |