November 10th 2008 5:20 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
December 27th 2004 4:49 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
'T'was the night before Christmas and all through the
house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there
My dogs were nestled, all snug in "MY" bed
While visions of chew toys danced in their heads
I in my sweat pants and Dad in his sweater
Had just settled down to read the CHC newsletter
When up on the roof there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter
Off to the window I flew in a flash
Tore open the shutter and threw up the sash
The moon on the crest of the new fallen snow
Gave a luster of midday to the objects below
And what to my wondering eyes did appear
But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeers
With a little old driver so lively and quick
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick
With a sputter of ashes -- a flurry of soot
He slid down the chimney with all of his loot
My dogs stood there so regal and proud
Guarding their home with barks oh so loud
St. Nick showed no fear and called them by name
He knew in his heart they were gentle and tame.
He brought out his list, checking it twice
"Well, my beauties, all year you've been nice
I have in my bag toys and much more
Just tell me what you pups really long for"
My dogs talked to each other -- much to my surprise
And turned to Santa with tears in their eyes
"We have chews and balls and ropes to be tugged
We are pampered and coddled and petted and hugged
But for Christmas, dear Santa, we have but one care
That all dogs be loved as much as we are
We want no dog beaten, whipped or chained
No dog abandoned, abused or maimed
We want all dogs, no matter what size
To see love reflected in their master's eyes."
St. Nick stopped for a moment to gather his wits
"I have nothing to stop humans from being such twits."
All dogs are so beautiful and are such a treasure
Living only to be loved and give humans pleasure
This lesson I will try to teach
Then maybe your wish will be within my reach"
St. Nick leaned over and kissed each beautiful head
"Now you dear doggies, go off to bed
Think good thoughts and dream good dreams
Of running and jumping and playing in streams."
St. Nick turned to me, his face wet with tears
"Be proud of your babies, they are such dears."
In an instant St. Nick disappeared in a poof
And I heard him chuckle as he ran on the roof.
He jumped in his sleigh and to his team gave a whistle
And off he flew like the down on a thistle
And I heard him exclaim as the drove out of sight
"Merry Christmas to All and To All Dogs a Good Life!"
December 3rd 2004 2:27 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Well, I've been adopted 3 times and been returned all 3 times. I'm really a good boy but
no one seems to realize I was severely abused and I'm still just way too shy. That's okay, I
know someday, some special human will see beyond my shyness and see there is a puppy
inside me wanting to come out. I am super sweet, I like other dogs and especially children. When I'm
around big people I hide anywhere I can fit.
Love Shamus XXXXXXOOOOOOO
See all diary entries for Shamus *ADOPTED*|