Nicknames: Josie-Face, Facey-Face, Pillo, Josie [___]osie, Dogs, Kitten, Hey!, Pussycat, Black Dog, The Good Dog, Mrow Mrow Mrow Mrow
Gotcha Date: November 21st 2006
Birthday: November 21st 2004
Likes: Balls! (chewable-size), dog parks, ocean sand, swimming, jogging, being chased, rolling in interesting smells, working
Pet-Peeves: Pushy dogs, baths, ignoring the cat, messin' with the tail
Favorite Toy: Cuz, Chuck It!
Favorite Food: Food
Favorite Walk: The Pismo Beach Dunes trails
Best Tricks: The Whistle Recall, 30-Minute Down-Stay, Ignore The Cat, Shake, Fetch!
Arrival Story: I met Josie at Woods Humane Society in San Luis Obispo, California. I thought I was looking for -- anything but a black Labrador. C'est la vie. That cute volunteer knew what he was doing when he brought her to me. There's a long and dark story about our meeting, but all of a sudden... when I was "just visiting", she was leaning up to the chain of her kennel like a house cat on a warm window, and she looked right into me and I fell in love with her.
Bio: I took home a fantastic animal! She has a magnificent, strong personality, a calm mind, and much obedience. She's so compliant, puts up with anything! And from day one, she had pristine house manners. She's been stuck to my leg like a magnet ever since. (Well, there was that thing with the coyote, but we don't talk about it.) The throw-aways can be the most willing and loyal, and they're often simply fantastic dogs. We've had a hell of a time figuring out what she was. There were so many Labradors locked up that at first I didn't give her a second glance. #1 and #2 in one dog! Mutts forever! We hike together, she carries everything in her backpack. She's such a good worker. I'd really like to take her through some work dog training, as soon as we get some compulsions under control (ball? ball. ball!). She'd be spectacular at Flyball, she goes full-tilt at any fetch; for that matter, she'd be great at dock diving! She quarters hard and loves the retrieve, maybe retriever trials, or water work. Or, or, or!
Elvis tagged me to play a really fun game. I am so excited, so here goes.
Check out Elvis #546451. He's just about the handsomest Newfie in the whole wide world! Hubba hubba! Elvis has got to be the most charming dog I have ever met, and oh so smart. Plus, our outfits match!
The game goes like this: I pick 3 of my favorite Dogsters (OOOH, that's so hard!) and send you a rosette or PM and tell you "WHY YOU ARE LOVED BY JOSIE" then those pups pick 3 and send them rosettes or PM and so on and so on. This is a great way to "pass on the slobbers" Whoof!
She is polite and adorable and even-minded.
She is my good buddy on the forums and is always available for good advice.
He is my favorite Vizsla of all time!
We drove 40 miles through heavy traffic and wrong-way streets to get to the Sirius Dog Festival where I should finally take my CGC. We have missed 4 testings so far, and we weren't about to miss this! Plus, it was fun.
We burned off steam for half an hour in a lovely Sand Point Magnuson Park off-leash bonanza, before the test. I was pooped, as per the Master Plan. Bwahaha.
We arrived late. And without money to pay. Nonetheless! Rhonda the official official would rather have me take this test than stick to schedules!
We camped out at a nearby gas station for a full 20 minutes. Some uncomfortable man offered to let us pay for his gasoline (with credit) to the sum of $27 and reimbursed us $22 (in cash). Money for the test-taking!
It was harrowing. I very nearly almost didn't get through the sit-stay when a person sneaked threateningly (I SWEAR, you could see it in her eyes!!) in the same area that my person whom I was SUPPOSED to be keeping an eye on went but told me to stay behind! But I stayed behind. I was in a perfect sit at the end of three minutes! (They'll never know the truth about the middle bit... bwaha.)
I sniffed the "other" dog. I was nonchalant about the noisy Coke can. I performed a PERFECT sit-stay-recall!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
1. The first time I had ever seen more water than a pool was when I was adopted at 2 years old! I went to the OCEAN! What a big first step! I was really concerned about the big gulls flying around and I didn't know what to do about the water attacking me! But that's okay, because my water dog blood kicked in right away and I was frog-leaping the surf in no time! I swam the waves like I had been born in water.
2. I once almost caught a coyote that had wandered down main street. I went a full mile before I decided to turn tale to home!
3. I once did catch a chicken. No really! It was all anyone could do to get it away from me, or me away from it. I ran and ran and ran with that chicken in my mouth. When they got it back from me, they let it get away scot free! Man, that was fun!
4. I eat carrots because of peer pressure.
5. I bark through the chain link fence, but otherwise the family says I'm purrrfect.
6. I can live with the fat cat now. Wow! He wanders in and out when I'm around, and I learned good things happen when I don't chase him. He's cool, I guess. I still love to chase strays, though!!
7. I was unknowingly named after Blink 182's song, Josie (by a fan). It's okay though, because I like the message. BOL. Thanks!