Likes: going "bye bye", sticking her cute little head out of the car window, swimming in dirty stinky water and TREATS!
Pet-Peeves: storms, fireworks and people telling her "no"
Favorite Toy: she doesn't play with toys anymore she just wants TREATS!
Favorite Food: Almost anything but Dog Food
Favorite Walk: San Gabriel Park, she likes to run as fast as she can and jump into the creek
Best Tricks: she makes this really cute face with copter ears and it gets her whatever she wants, she also smiles when she's naughty to keep from getting in trouble
Arrival Story: She was about 4 months old when she moved in with us. She had previously lived in 2 other homes. The first family had to move and couldn't take her with them. The second family lived in an apartment that didn't allow pets and she was discovered. The guy we got her from worked at a gas station that my husband stopped at almost every day. He asked my husband if he wanted a Dalmatian. He thought about it all day and decided to go and get her. When he got to the apartment it was TRASHED. She had ripped open all the garbage bags and drug toilet paper all over the place, but he still took her :-). She rode on his lap the whole way to our house. When they pulled up I went to the window and saw the most precious little puppy standing there. She stole my heart at that very moment and she's been my best friend every since. I love her.
I know my Mommy and Daddy already follow these commandments and I know all the Moms and Dads of my Dogster friends do too . . . . . but, believe it or not, there are some people who don't know this! If you ever meet someone like that please make them read this!
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last only 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters~
~We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!