Photo Comments (1)
Age: 7 Years Sex: Male Weight: 11-25 lbs
|Home:Saskatoon, SK, Canada ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a bone for Helix
Puppin, Monster, Poppet, Little Man, Goober, Goose
| ||Energy|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Playfulness|| || |
| ||Disposition|| || || |
October 31st 2006
Being the center of attention & playing with other dogs at day care and the dog park
Cats that won't play with him.
Anything stuffed that he can tear apart in 2 minutes or less.
Orijen for kibble. Beef ribs for RAW. Cheese for treats (cheese is magic!).
Across the bridges and on the Meewasin trails.
Well, he's really good at "sit" and "down". But his best trick is ringing his potty bells when he needs to go outside!
We fell in love with the Alaskan Klee Kai breed a while ago and found a fantastic breeder in North Dakota (Wiebelhusky). After being a waiting list for several months, we finally got to bring him home! We had to drive for several hours to get him in a blizzard, and even went into the ditch once ... But eventually we got there and met our little guy.
Helix is becoming a wonderful, sweet tempered little dog. He definitely has an independent streak, but he (mostly) knows who's in charge. He learns quickly and has selective hearing but he is improving every day. He's a cuddler and loves to be with us all the time (except when he finds something mischievous to do!). He also loves to people watch from his window seat and likes to let us know if a big dog or a cat walks by :). He graduated from puppy training class at PetSmart and beginner obedience with Paws N' Train. He goes to a wonderful day care every Friday, which he absolutely loves. He looks much more like a dog now, rather than a puppy and weighs a whopping 14 lbs (when we got him he was only 2.2 lbs!). His coat is a beautiful grey and so soft, but his bright blue eyes are his greatest feature and always commented on. In fact, one of them has a touch of brown in it (a parti-eye) just like his canine mom. We love having this little guy in our lives and having the privilege of watching him grow everyday.
I'm a chihua-wolf!
The Groups I'm In:
Alaskan Klee Kai, Blue eyed dogs, Nerdster, Saskatchewan Doggies, Small Dog Forum
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Anyone here have an Alaskan Klee kai
I've Been On Dogster Since:
|January 1st 2007
||More than 7 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Pup Pals
See all my Pup Pals
September 13th 2007 12:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
So I've finally had the time to write in a new diary entry. Man, being a puppy sure is time consuming!
This past weekend we went to visit my human grandparents on their farm. I have to say, farms are sooooo much fun! Mom finally let me run around off leash officially and I ran and ran and ran. There were all kinds of other animals to meet including sheep and cats. I had so much fun chasing this cute little black cat up a tree. I barked and barked, but it wouldn't come back down to play with me! I followed my friend Sid, a pug, all over the yard exploring and sniffing. We found some yummy sheep poop but mom wouldn't let me eat it :(. The most fun I had though, was when I met two animals that mom called bulls. They were way bigger than me, but I wasn't scared! I decided mom needed them to be herded into a different area so I jumped in with them and started telling them where to go. They tried to resist by snorting and kicking at me, but I was too fast for them! It was so much fun! Mom even got into the pen with me to help but I wanted to do it all by myself and didn't listen to her when she tried to tell me what to do. Then one of them kicked me just a little and IT HURT! I decided it wasn't fun anymore and I stopped chasing them. Mom came over and picked me up. She seemed kind of scared, so I licked her face to say I'm sorry and that I was OK. I'm not to sure I'll try to chase bulls again (maybe just cows if I can figure out the difference). The sheep though... they aren't nearly as big!
I also got to meet my human cousin Kylie. She is so sweet, but not very exciting. I licked her face because it smelled good. Mom and dad seemed enthralled with her, but I was more concerned with trying to play with my fur cousins Sid and Roxie who are much more exciting.
That's all from the world of Helix for now! I'm sure I'll have more adventures to tell about soon.
May 24th 2007 3:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
OK, so I guess with all the tag playing going on I should start a diary! I am a bit busy today though- mom took me to day care so I've been busy playing all day long with my friends there. It's not my usual day, but she said something about her sister having a baby today? Not sure what that's all about, but as long as it doesn't interfere with my play time, it's OK by me!
Here are the rules of the game!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their Diary the rules & their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose 7 dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your Diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
1. I have a parti eye! My right blue eye has a wee bit of brown on the edge of the iris. Mom says it's funny because my other eye always shows up red in pictures, but my parti eye usually doesn't.
2. My pawrents picked my name Helix, because they are both science nerds! Mom is doing her PhD in molecular biology and Dad is a bioinformatician who works with plant genomics.
3. I'm an agility dog in the making! I love to leap and jump and crawl and squeeze through tiny openings. Mom says as soon as I'm old enough and well-behaved enough (whatever!) she'll start training me.
4. Alaskan Klee Kais are a rare breed with only about 1800 in all of the world!
5. I don't like to go outside in the rain. I refuse to let mom and dad know when I have to pee or poo outside when it's raining and I pee or poo in front of the door instead. Mom says it's a good thing it doesn't rain here much.
6. My mom (Wiebelhusky's Princess Fiona) and my Dad (Toy Boy of Peyton) are both UKC champions. My little sister, Shania was kept by my breeders to hopefully follow in their footsteps one day. I unfortunately cannot because I am a cryptorchid and had to be neutered. That whole experience was NOT a lot of fun.
7. My favourite thing to do is to watch all the people walk by our house. Mom made me a special comfy window seat and I sit there all day (when I'm not in my crate) watching everyone. Sometimes people notice me too and point me out in the window cuz I'm so handsome BOL!
Dogs I've tagged:
Thanks for playing!
See all diary entries for Helix|