Likes: swimming, playing fetch, barking at his friends, taking long walks with his mommy or anybody with a leash.
Pet-Peeves: others taking his toys, being disturbed while he is sleeping
Favorite Toy: pink fuzzy purse,
Favorite Food: ice cream or popcycles
Favorite Walk: to the little store, down the street....he just loves to walk!
Best Tricks: shaking hands, laying down, standing on hind legs, playing fetch, swimming in the pool
Arrival Story: his daddy saved him from being put to sleep. Daddy went on a diving trip and the lady who was there worked for an animal shelter close by...she said she had a puppie dog who was going to be put to sleep and did he want to see him. Of course his daddy fell right in love and surprised mommy with him. He barked all the time and wouldn't eat until mommy noticed the problem. She rushed him to the vet and had 11 of his teeth pulled. Now mommy (I) have to crush up his dry food, mix with water and spoon feed him twice a day. He loves that and is taking full advantage of not even having to stand to eat.
Bio: Ok....since we have had little Dante we keep finding out little tricks he can do.
l) He LOVES to play fetch. He has several favorite toys that you can say "go get your toy" or "go get your chicken" and he will go find it wherever it is and bring it to you for you to throw it. He is sooo cute running to get the toy and he brings it right back for you to throw it again.
2) He will "shake".
3) He lays and sits on command.
4) If you are drinking out of a glass, he always wants a drink too. Yes, of course from the glass.
5) The other day I was sitting with the laptop open on the coffee table...Dante was barking at the back of the computer. Finally I got up and he was barking at a cup sitting behind the computer. I asked if he was thirsty and he barked "yes". I went to get him a drink and noticed that the water bowl in the kitchen was completely empty!! He was "telling" me the water bowl was empty and he wanted a drink.
6) BTW....he has also learned to eat dry food by himself. No more feeding with a spoon!!!!!!
7) He also LOVES to swim and will hop right into the swimming pool if we are not careful.
8) He LOVES to walk too. If shoes are put on before work time he thinks HE is getting to go for a walk. He will go right out and head straight down the street!!! He loves this and it is usually hard to get him back in.
Wow...I cannot believe it was 9 years ago today that you came to live with us. I still remember it like it was yesterday. You were so sad and all you did was stand in the kitchen and bark. I didn't know your teeth hurt too bad to eat that day.
Luckily we figured it out and you taught me how to crush up your food and feed you with a spoon. You know you started something, right?
I am soo happy your Daddy brought you home to us. He was a hero wasn't he for rescuing you? I miss you every day...I call you my "joy dog" because you were sooo happy. When you barked your whole body jumped into the air. It was so cute.
I love you, Dante !! I know you were old when you came here and I hope with all my heart that your last days were happy. I actually know they were...it was evident by your smile when you were playing fetch or trying to get a stuffed toy from me or when you were swimming in the pool or taking a walk. I will never ever forget those times.
HAPPY HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, BUDDY !!!! Your Mommy loves you so much.
You came to us needing love and I feel like you gave more love than you received. You were such a joy....always making me smile. Your cute little hop when you'd bark. BOL...your whole body would hop up. It was so cute.
I love you so much and I am so so sorry I took you in to the vet that Friday. I would give anything to be able to turn back time. And I worry so much because you didn't wake me up...you just laid on my pillow and went to the Bridge. :( Please know how very happy you made me while you were here. I'm so glad Danny, your daddy, brought you home that day. You were such a good boy. Mommy loves you !!!
*Dante and Suzette were so surprised when Tiffy called to invite them over for lunch today! The boys had been working all morning on getting decorations up for the party for Dante! They’ll really be surprised when they get to lunch! And of course all the cousins will be there. Rov is bringing a special gift for Dante, and Tiffy has a surprise for him, too. Bear Dog grilled a big steak for his lunch!*